[July] Events In Review!

Discussion in 'Events & Sales' started by DOXOlove, Jul 14, 2017.

1. DOXOlove Community Advisor

IGN:
    Coccyx
    Steam:
    DOXOlove
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]

Before I start thank you all so much for your June contributions! They really help the devlopers decide what is going to be best for our region. Thank you for your continued input!

Hi everyone! I am CA Coccyx in DFO, one of the few CAs (MechPopping, Sypher, Impersaria, Puritas) working very hard to help make DFO a better game! We help provide/suggest better events, community wants and needs, critical (and not-so-critical) reports directly to Neople Representatives-- and we need your help!

We're always trying to find ways to give the community events that are beneficial and fun to our playerbase, but also be fair and accessible to all players of all skill levels, so we'd like to hear more from our communities about what is working and what isn't.

For the month of July we have a good amount of events going on! July's Events include;
    Questions to consider in your review would be;
    -Which events did you like? Why?
    -Which events did you not like? Why?
    -Were the event rewards fair?
    -Are the events easy/difficult?
    -What would have made certain events better?
    -Is there an event from July you'd like to see again in the future?
    -Is there any other events/rewards you would like to see soon?

Feel free to comment on one event or all of them, the more articulate the better! We'd very much like to hear what you have to say about all of them but if you'd just like to comment on specific events, feel free. Your opinions do matter, it helps both the CAs and Neople make the best decisions moving forward with DFO!

A Good Example Review is as follows:
    -----------------------------------------------------
    MAKE PRIEST GREAT AGAIN:
    This is a really nice perk/promotion for the new class coming soon to DFO! I have no major complaints over this event, pretty straight-forward and easily accessible.

Zombie Crisis: Great Escape:
    Oh boy, there's a few ups and downs with this one.

BAD:
    -Characters with weak damage take a long time to kill the zombie if they don't catch it with the net.
    -Characters with strong damage kill it almost immediately if they accidentally hit it.
    -The 'Captured Zombie' item is not 100% insured upon capture.
    -Clicking Research Data over and over and over is cumbersome.

GOOD:
    -There is SOME interaction to the event aside clicking things, capturing a monster is different from the norm!
    -The rewards are phenomenal. 1k DI and two pets, a ton of Interdimensional Fragments and Ancient materials? Wonderful!
    -The random buffs are great for leveling and farming!

Overall, I think the good rewards of this event outweighs how cumbersome the clicking can be!

MISC:
    I'd really like to see Burning Events again. They are always a hit during the summer, especially with people out of school with more playtime, burning events would also be great for the new Female Priests to level up!
    -----------------------------------------------------
    Let us know what you think!

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  2. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Finding Baby Shark
    Event

Easy, Simple event. Seems a bit fancy for something so easy. I've heard some people complain about not getting many materials which was due to not upgrading snorkel gear. Maybe have some way to suggest they do that first.

Items

The focus is of course that cute baby shark. Nice options in beads to choose from make it a pretty good pick up for a new character or an alt. Once that's done you can get creature food or rename tickets which relate to the pet. Makes sense.

Improvements?
    Only thing I can really think of is 5 coral for 1 pet food is just way too little. Make it 3-10 or something.

Weapons of Mass Liberation
    Event

Get all weapon types for your class to choose from then run dungeons to make it permanent!

Items
    Hey a free liberation weapon that levels as you go I can't really complain about this.

Improvements?
    It seems some of the stats are off on some weapon choices? It's still nice but maybe have the finished product not be worse than the real thing.

Amazing Priest
    Event

Level up fpriests to 80 and receive fonts! Easy enough.

Items
    four different fonts to choose from ( with a fifth if you get them all!) is nice although only the crit cap icon changes. They are character bound so make sure you put them on a class that can actually do damage.

Improvements?
    They are character bound which really sucks but what can you do about that? I'd like them to be account bound but that seems to be a dream that won't come true.

Priest Homecoming
    Event

Gain items every 5 levels starting at 10 all the way to 90. Lots of free and useful stuff which makes leveling extremely easy and quick!

Items
    So many useful items to help with leveling not to mention the halidom weapon is great for upper levels. I really question the purification stone box option for the medals though. They are just too easy to get once you get to bloody lane.

Improvements?
    As stated I don't like the purification box. It seems pretty useless considering you get 3 chronicle boxes and I'd assume anyone would get those 2 ancient legendary boxes. The halidom weapons had some weird inflict choices compared to originals which I thought was a bit strange but it's not end game weapon so I'm not going to complain much. Maybe instead of purification stone they could put in ancient material box or hell tickets or something.

Priest's Divine Blessing
    Event

BURNING TIME! Everyone loves burning time.

Card Match Game
    Event

Match Cards . Get Points. Get stuff.

Items
    No complaints on the choices. Life tokens/Hell tickets / Growth pills / Neo Premium contract

Improvements?
    How about not making the 10 point box not so heavily weighted against the Hell Box? I mean damn it seems like a pretty bad chance.
    Was this a China event because that cheat sheet was pretty hilarious .

The 2nd DFO Fanart Contest - Feat. Female Priest
    Event

Woohoo artists get to win stuff. Boohoo people with no skills in art get to win nothing. That's all there really is to say about that. Not everyone who plays DFO is an artist. Those rewards are nothing short of amazing. It's just too bad anyone without an artistic ability will never see it.

Dungeon & Driver
    Event

Run a million dungeons so you can carry people and get tokens to buy things.

Items
    Uh power creeping emblems ( though slight) is power creep. Overall seems ok amount of stuff to choose from

Improvements?
    Boy we're off to a rocky start with anton already. I hate energy because that damn worm always bugs out on me. Why couldn't it be leg instead. 4 minutes is pretty generous but damn it's still not fun. The amount of clears needed for special/ancient seems a bit extreme. Maybe lower those a bit. Hell tickets as an option to purchase from shops is always a plus!

Maybe i'll edit and add more later.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
  3. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

Finding Baby Shark: The creature itself is a very good reward, helps both new and old players. I don't mind the concept an event being based solely on one item, especially if the item is pretty good like the shark creature. That being said it does feel like the time it takes to get both the shark plus a bead was artificially stretched out to be longer than it needed to be, but I can't really complain about that too much since the reward was good. 5 Coral for 1 Creature food is a bit ridiculous though.
    7/10

Weapons of Mass Liberation:
    Very solid event with a very good reward. Not extremely difficult but at the same time not a freebie, you could obtain it in a reasonable time if you actually sit down and played. Also have to stress that it was very nice that the liberation weapon wasn't locked to only FPriests. Good execution with this event, no complaints.
    10/10

Amazing Priest:
    Its very cool that dfo gets our very own damage fonts. Really like that the damage fonts were account bound so you could move them to the character you wanted them on and weren't just stuck on the FPriests. I also like that there is a challenge to get the stigmata font, we need challenging events like this every now and again (just don't go Ozma event levels of hard). I'm glad you didn't go crazy with the colors so we still can have clarity about what our damage numbers mean at a glance. Again, great execution with this event.
    9/10

Priest Homecoming:
    Very good leveling event, made it a breeze. The level up tickets every 5 levels are very nice to have. Very happy you included a feat quest clear ticket that could be used on the hellmode quests. Don't really understand why we keep getting purification stone rewards, but I can't fault this event for that since the other rewards were all so great. I'm mainly just mentioning it so that in the future we don't get some event where the main reward is purification stones.
    9/10

Priest's Divine Blessing:
    Burning events are generically good, nothing really remarkable to say about them so I can't rate it low or high. Would be nice if we get one whenever Luke Raid comes.
    7/10

Card Match Game:
    Decent event, there is only a few different layouts to the boards so if you look for it you can find the solution to all of them. It feels like the chance to get a hell box is a lot lower than the other ones, it would be nice if the chance to get each box was an even 25% when selecting random(if they are like this and I'm just very unlucky, ignore this). The reward you get from each box is decent, so it seems like such a waste to spend 100 points on a guaranteed box when you can roll for the one you want and if you fail you still get ok rewards. Maybe if the price was lower than 100 it would actually make us think about if we wanted to buy it or not.
    6/10

DFO 2nd Fanart Contest:
    I'm not an artist so I'm not going to rate this one. The real life rewards are very nice, and the reward of getting your character made as a figure is amazing. I like that it inspires new DFO fanart for the community to enjoy.
    N/A

Dungeon & Driver:
    The requirements to become a driver are fine except for the Ancient dungeon one, 40 runs seems ridiculous. The rewards for being a driver are pretty poor, makes me not really want to bother with it. I feel like most classes would value the attack speed over the raw stats from the emblems, especially because of how easy it is to get raw stats compared to speeds, so that reward seems like its very limited on what classes would actually want them. Not being able to get tokens until the 18th doesn't make any sense to me. Rewards for passengers are pretty average, not good but not terrible. Getting only 1 coin per run as a passenger sucks real hard. I appreciate how you linked the 3 major community hubs for DFO on this event page.
    2/10

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  4. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Burning buffs don't apply in Luke Raid.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Cyrus99

IGN:
    Marlie
    Guild:
    Dream
    Okay mine is definitely going to be controversial and I know that beforehand...

I actually think that this was a very poorly executed event. I think that events in general should drive a person towards a part of the game instead of blatantly skipping it altogether. The core of the event is great. Give a person a Requiem weapon that they can level with. I think that the final result should have been a permanent Requiem weapon. If you wanted to go even a step further than that, then give the person all of the materials for a Liberation attempt. I think that the event should have promoted the content of Ancients without allowing a person to skip them entirely.

It just seems like bad design to me. As much as I hate doing OV, the fact that most of my characters have full OV sets without ever having even stepped into OV is actually a bit of a problem. That said I don't actually want to have to step into OV though because I feel as though the steps towards reaching my end goal of gearing in OV are incredibly random and slow based on how gear is obtained there. I don't think we should be skipping OV at all, but I think that gearing up from it should be even more straightforward than it currently is.

That said, Ancients follow a different (better) progression path. In only 9 days (70*9=630), a legendary set piece of gear can be obtained. Also every 8 days (2*8=16) a Liberation attempt can be made for a player. Important to note too that these two things can be done simultaneously. In fact, I can gear multiple Ancient sets at the same time if I just do multiple dungeons. I really enjoy this progression because it seems like my time investment is worth it and I can feel my characters progressively getting stronger as they obtain more pieces.

By just giving out a completed Liberation weapon for free (and by perhaps being even TOO generous with Ancient mat boxes...) players are coming out of OV and Ancients fully geared *without ever doing any of the content*. I just don't really see that as being a positive thing. I want to play characters and see them become stronger, I think that's fundamentally the entire reason we play the game. Perhaps a better final result of the event could have been a full Requiem weapon and then a large box of demon invites for completing Ancient dungeons a number of times with said weapon. The reward doesn't matter, but the progression of the event could have made more sense.

Obviously I'm picking on this event specifically, but my overall essay here (lol) is more just about event/game design in general. Thanks for reading <3

EDIT: Oh yeah one more thing.
    Priest Homecoming
    This was great for pretty much all the reasons I stated above. I didn't just skip directly to level 80 (boy did I think that was bad event) but I was able to play characters and the more I played them the more I felt like I was getting great stuff for those characters. Felt like progression and I still learned each class. Thoroughly enjoyed this event!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. SIUnit A filthy casual

Guild:
    Factory
    the fpriest leveling events are nice, and gives decent amount of rewards to start gearing them.

driver license #runs needed seems a bit excessive.

need a nanton event or something, grinding GP set/subequip enchant is super boring and painful.

7. Finding Baby Shark:

As far as Event pets go, the Shark is *quite* good. As far as Event pets go, the Shark is *very* cute. As far as Event Pets go, I would much rather they err on the side of "maybe a little too trivial" rather than "maybe a lot too tedious and cumbersome" (like the zombie event).

Side note: In general, I do like Pet Events but I really wish you could have a "skin" pet, since often the event pets look very cute and all, but they are generally outclassed by "package" pets. Not that I am criticizing it not being more powerful, but it did make me sad after I gave it to my Mistress and then realized that once F. Priest Petit's are released I will probably never see it again.

4/5 - Good, solid event. Good rewards, not tedious or invasive.

The strongest Growing Weapon event ever, that sadly I completely flubbed by accidentally opening the Priest Package (wanting Scythe for Mistress) on my Male Mage. I pray. PRAY that I can transfer it with a Legendary Transcendant stone from the upcomming Driver event.

I like that it benefits new players, and it benefits old players.

4/5 - Interesting incentive to level a new character, but ultimately "Free strong item!" isn't super interesting.

Amazing Priest

Free Fonts, very interesting. It motivated me to level all 4 priests to 80. It was a bit disappointed that the Stigmata font wasn't account-wide, but I am glad that you could at least give the Subclass fonts to other characters. Thank goodness it was at 80 instead of 90. Leveling through Metro Center is a *real* slog for characters that are not geared yet. Very unique reward, which made it very intriguing even as a purely cosmetic event. It is a great event in tandem with Priest Homecoming. It would have been far worse without it due to the sheer tedium of leveling 4 different characters to 80 (especially with the overlap of the Zombie event).

5/5 - Along with the Priest Homecomming event, it provided a very strong incentive for us to play multiple different characters we wouldn't otherwise.

Priest Homecoming

Very Strong Leveling Event, both in terms of "quick" leveling, as well as endgame-relevant rewards (2-3 Free Ancient Legendary boxes for each character? Yes please) which is definitely appreciated since gearing fresh level cap characters can be a real drag (getting strong enough to do Ancients). The Purification and Int. Frag. rewards were a tad weak, but this is more of a nitpick, if anything. Just a small bonus on top of the +12 Halidom and 2 Ancient Legendary Boxes, really.

5/5 - Would have been an amazing event on its own, but the Amazing Priest Homecoming event as a whole was genuinely amazing because it actually encouraged a lot of people to level up not just one, or two, but four different classes, all of them with pretty different playstyles.

Priest Divine Blessing

Burning Time/5.

Card Match Game

Any event that gives free Demon Invites/Hell Passes will automatically be at least decent. As far as minigames go, it isn't as amusing as Antony Pursuit or the Card Knowledge event, but its fine.

3/5 - A few free Hell Runs, and Life Tokens are alright. Wish it was more interesting in terms of reward choices or being slightly more interesting as a minigame.

Fanart Contest

As someone who will not be participating in this, I think these events are really, really great for the game. Fan-driven content like this is really great for a games health and I look forward to the interesting art that comes from this.

5/5 - I will definitely not participate in it.

Dungeon and Driver

It hasn't really started, so I will have to edit this later. I feel the Ancient licence is a little bit too much (since you are likely too geared to benefit from the materials and it costs a few Million Gold in materials to do), but far worse is how the OV requirement is somewhere between managable and almost literally impossible for certain OV's that involve a lot of built-in waiting (I am looking at you Goblins). Also annoying is how you have to waste time picking up all the random Chronicle gear that drops *every room* on characters that don't need it when you are specifically trying to speed-run the dungeon. Realistically you will get around 2/5-3/5, but that isn't really that bad since you only need 10 total. If this had been significantly more than this it would have been a really serious issue.

?/5 - Hard to tell without seeing how the actual "driving/riding" part plays out. The rewards look promising for Drivers, although an event literally tuned for geared, endgame characters doesn't have DI's as a reward is an interesting choice.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2017
  8. Aeschine

• Finding Baby Shark:
    I actually really liked the rewards from this event. The shop was usable for a completely new Seraphim who missed the Arad Battle Suits pet to a geared end-game player who was missing sources of smash or crit smash due to hell mode drops. Flexibility for all players is be difficult to achieve, but this was one of the events that really felt useful for any character, new or old. I enjoyed how it also gave you a free card the first time you encountered a new fish.

One main gripe of this event I had was the visibility of the available scuba gear upgrades. There were quite a few players, new and old, that didn't see the upgrades. Perhaps adding it onto the window for diving itself would have been nice. I will always support the notion of increased visibility for required or almost required key items without using event pages or shops to sell it.

• Weapon of Mass Liberation
    The fact that the Requiem and Liberation weapon both scaled with levels was great, especially for new players who hopped onto the game due to F.Priests. There are some concerns about specific weapon types stats don't line up with the non-event variants. If it's a bug, it would be great to fix it. Otherwise, I wish it would've been specified on the event page.

• Amazing Priest
    Pretty straightforward event. I'm glad it gave the option for players to level 4 non-unique subclass F.Priests in order to get the rewards. Level 80 is achievable for even new players. My main gripe only exists against the damage skin system itself rather than the event itself. I'm not a fan of making the damage skins character bound rather than account bound. However, the event itself was fine.

• Priest Homecoming
    Standard leveling event. Always welcome for new classes, especially since F.Priest is such a hyped up class release. I'm glad the events give First Awakening coupons when you reach level 50.

• Priest's Divine Blessing
    Standard burning event. Makes me do damage like I'm geared. Raid is even easier, more FP to level alts.

• Card Match Game
    Non-randomized card boards feel kind of lazy. I also wasn't a fan of the card flip chances disappearing after the daily reset, but it's an understandable point so that players don't stock up like 100 chances in 1 day to use for the entirety of the event. The 100 point reward feels underwhelming and the 10 point reward feels like the RNG is screwing us as usual in this game. It's an alright filler event, but if it does return, I'd like to see some improvements to either the RNG weighting for the 10 point rewards or an increase in rewards in the 100 point reward.

• 2nd DFO Fanart Contest
    I don't partake in any of the social DFO events. I rather liked your entry though, DOXO. Good luck to all those who submitted.

• Dungeon & Driver
    Along with the obviously misnamed "Dungeon & Driver" KDNF naming convention instead of just using DFOG's convention, I'm not entirely sure if I'm a fan of this event. The off-color STR/INT Emblems are a bit disappointing, due to their rather weak stats that rival hybrids emblems of their equivalent tiers. However, it's understandable that the devs should not tie a objectively superior emblem into a temporary event. The rewards are a bit lackluster in general for Drivers, but the token generation isn't slow. The rewards for Passengers seem alright, especially for new players, but token generation feels painfully slow. The Driver's Test requirements seem ridiculously easy for some, like Rift, but ridiculously hard or tedious for others, such as OV's Goblin Kingdom or a whopping 40 runs of Ancients to qualify as an Ancients Driver. Perhaps reducing the number of Ancient runs to 20 or 25 would be better if the event were to return. I'd also like to see different rewards for the Drivers. The Transcendence stones are alright, but the emblems just feel unrewarding and I've seen many players dismiss the event due to the perceived lackluster rewards.

9. ElderGOD

For the month of July we have a good amount of events going on! July's Events include;
    • Finding Baby Shark
    • Not worth doing?
    • Weapons of Mass Liberation
    • Something for nothing, not bad. This is good for new players/characters and should be advertised more.
    • Amazing Priest
    • Requirement to play all 4 to 80 for font? You're going to burn out a lot of people again and make them quit. Fonts being character bound is annoying. Try to create events that are fun and don't piss people off.
    • Priest Homecoming
    • Better than the choose the goal version. Also instead of the level up tickets I would prefer additional exp gain that is always on during the event period.
    • Priest's Divine Blessing
    • Should just make it every weekend until Aug 22.
    • Card Match Game
    • Missed most of it. Anything that forces you to log on daily makes the game not fun and feel more like work than play. Make this weekly 5 times instead of daily once. Also, having rng only give life boxes and no hell party tickets just pisses off the players. Letting the players choose what they want would be better.
    • The 2nd DFO Fanart Contest - Feat. Female Priest
    • Skipped.
    • Dungeon & Driver
    • Not going to bother with this, don't want to burn myself out.

-Are there any other events/rewards you would like to see soon?
    Spending hours running hells on multiple characters and not finding anything compared to someone else who doesn't even merch nor play much get 2 set pieces in several runs via their level up reward DI box makes me ask myself why anyone would even bother playing this game.

There should be some kind of event that addresses the issue of the lack of balance this game has.

Perhaps an epic find meter where after a certain amount of runs an epic is guaranteed to drop, reduce hell DI cost by 25 percent, and make DI drop from dungeons so that normal dungeons are worth doing like during that castle of the dead event.

Also I think raid should be a weekly limitation. Forcing people to give up their weekend and exact time for a static makes them just log onto other games instead and not come back.

I remember how when end game was OV and then ancients, for example, you could do them whenever you wanted and help friends/guildies with them. Endgame in DFO feels like a boring dead grind. I rather grind maps in Path of Exile.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Derailing Derailing x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2017 at 1:45 PM
  10. an event that gives a free pet that rivals package pets is not worth doing? i stopped reading there

11. Doxhockity

Guild:
    Salty/Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    You sound like you just wanna log in and have the event rewards already in your inventory.

12. ElderGOD

Current pet from package sells for 1m gold in AH if you search for creature box and the gold for that can be attained in minutes. The time spent doing shark event is equivalent to me making over 800mil gold.

• Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 3
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List
  13. tsumugii a tomato

that's not how it works

ok so given 6 extra optimals needed to do the dungeon clears, which is 6 x 2 minutes per clear, and another generous 2 minutes for the shark game itself, is 14 minutes a day.

so 800m / the 28 days of the event duration is approximately 28.5m every day, in 14 minutes

explain to me how you're going to make 28.5m in 14 minutes

even if you account for the 30 minutes per day that you need to spend for the extra honey time chance, you're still looking at about 13m~ every 14 minutes

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Idol Idol x 1
    • List
  14. Brandon Hunger

Finding Baby Shark

Not a bad event if you're wanting to make an alt that doesn't already have a solid pet. The minigame animation taking awhile to complete is my biggest complaint about it.

Overall a solid event if you're, again, trying to gear up an alt. Lowered bonuses on certain weapon types compared to a normal liberation weapon is a bit of a turn-off, though.

Amazing Priest
    Damage fonts are neato.

Priest Homecoming
    Great for people interested in gearing up F. Priest. Also gives more incentive to leveling one up for the damage fonts for Amazing Priest.

Priest's Divine Blessing
    Burning Event is always welcome.

Card Match Game
    Neopremium+ Contract and Hell Passes are wonderful. The other rewards are negligible. Wish the rate of getting Hell Pass box from the randomized version wasn't so low.

The 2nd DFO Fanart Contest - Feat. Female Priest
    N/A because I'm not artistic.

Dungeon & Driver
    Neat concept, gives geared players some incentive to help out other people.

It'd be nice to have more events that give limited-time avatars. I know that's usually more of a holiday thing, but whatever.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)