How do you deal with depression?[NSFW]

Discussion in 'Spam' started by DaenyrisT, Mar 1, 2017.

1. zkpd

There's always Monokuma!

2. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    Totally late on this, BUT, i actually recently started exercising!(not like the meditation in this video but still) it feels great and being so overweight it really is going to be a benefit to me later on to try and improve my self image.

3. exercise is good for your mental state

anti-depressants have kinda helped me too

getting enough sleep and getting some exercise are so important

4. Zext

IGN:
    Zext
    Guild:
    Innergenus or sumtin
    Server:
    Cain
    Pouring your heart out to someone you really trust can be cathartic. Just be careful with who it is, some people can't quite handle it. Anti-depressants are really subtle. It wasn't until I faced some 'trigger' that I noticed what it does, even then the effect isn't that big.

Knowing that depression makes you illogical and having ways to ground yourself in reality again, either with people's help or your own methods (try thinking as if someone else was in your situation - it tends to be easier to sympathize/calm/assure someone other than yourself because of skewed perspectives on yourself.)

Also that thing I posted the other day is apparently real and costs like 800 bucks and supposedly has helped people but I don't trust it.

5. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    I have to keep this in mind when it comes to my boyfriend, the whole, illogical skewed perspective kind of thing.

Over all i really think that im getting better though. I have more moments when i feel genuinely happy than not, but it comes back fierce sometimes. Like, the other day i got it so bad i was literally going server to server on discord begging people to hang out with me because i knew i was miserable and i needed some kind of companionship, even if it was fake or un-wanted. Otherwise i would've just spent the whole day crying in bed or hating myself :(

6. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    As someone who has been clinically depressed for the past 6 years, the only way I've been able to deal with it is to use it as motivation. Long story short, I've survived thyroid cancer twice, suffered permanent damage to my body, lost my wife to illness, gave up custody of my daughter out of grief, and was cut off by my recent girlfriend for no reason that I'm aware of. I can't speak for all depressed people since everyone is depressed for different reasons and to different degrees, but if I've had it this bad and can deal with it, so can a lot of people.

I go through tons of phases and times where I'm just so depressed that I feel like I physically can't ever come close to accomplishing a single task. However, for every passing second of those phases, I am fully aware of what I need to do and what I'm capable of. No, it won't fix my depression or solve any internal issues, but why not try, if I'm aware and smart enough that I know what I can do for myself? If my mind is healthy enough to imagine myself going to the gym consistently or even playing more games, why not do exactly that, even if it doesn't fix anything? Why let my mind affect me to the point I'm a vegetable when I have total control of my body? I know that if I wanted to, I could get up and play some video games and/or go to the gym in happiness and satisfaction, so why not do that instead of laying in bed all day moping? No matter how depressed I am, I know for a fact that I'm still sane and myself. I know that I still have full control of my body. Depression can and will affect your judgement, but at the end of the day, you are the one in control of your body. You either let it control you, or you abuse it in whatever way possible.

Considering it's a mental issue for the most part, there's no telling when and if it will ever go away. Even if you assume the worst case scenario where it never goes away for the rest of your life, the saving grace of the situation is that you use it to your advantage. If you lay in bed all day and blame your depression, there is an absolute zero percent chance your depression will improve. If anything, doing shit like that fuels it and encourages it to control your life for god knows how long. You don't want that. If you want it to go away, make an effort. Do something that makes you happy, even if it's generally perceived as silly and/or a waste of time. As far as I'm fucking concerned, as long as you find enjoyment and/or satisfaction in something, that in itself is never a waste of time unless it negatively affects your life. Last time I checked, the small chance of it helping your depression or helping you cope with it isn't a bad thing.

Sorry if I come off as rambling, but I hope to maybe help anyone in need because I know for a fact that depression is a pain that doesn't make sense to anyone who isn't affected by it. As someone who has been depressed for way too much of their life, just know that we're all in full control of it. If the depression is strong enough to keep you down, it's strong enough to be used as a catalyst to better yourself as a person. I treat my depression not that much different from playing DFO. I've run nearly 200k demon invitations in metro center hells on my main character, but in spite of being in full epics right now, he still only has 3/12 best in slot gear.

I don't care how small of a chance it is to find ideal drops for my particular class. I know for a fact what I want is right. I know for a fact that in spite of my depression, I am well enough to be able to get on DFO and play for that tiniest chance that I'll get lucky. Will it free me from depression? Probably not, but it definitely makes me feel a fuck ton better about myself, and that's the only reason I need to run hells daily. For real world application, that goes a long way. When I'm not playing the game, I'm at the gym or catching up on my studies to become the youngest English teacher in my city. I'm always doing something to better myself as a human being and to show myself and others what I'm capable of in spite of something that holds most people back. Depression sucks, but at the end of the day, you can choose to suffer, or you can choose to suffer less. I know not everyone is in the same situation or has certain luxuries, but you can always choose how much it affects you. If you're capable enough to accept that you're depressed, you're capable enough to know what can help you, even if it's just a little bit.

Granted, I'm not free of depression and may never even reach that point, but I'll be damned if it hasn't forced me to get healthy and to enjoy my favorite hobbies even more. It may be more of a personal thing, but my depression has made me learn to enjoy and appreciate things more; especially in things that will always be there waiting for you. You don't need to be someone who is positive all the time or looks the part. Hell, most of my friends and partners think I'm a dick; in a good way. You don't have to pretend. If you need to, talk to me or someone else. It helps a massive fuck ton. You will get better. It's fine to need help. Deep down, everyone does. The worst thing about depression is the fact it can and will creep up on you, even during the times you believe you're genuinely happy. That's a bait. You can let it affect you or you can tell it to fuck off. It's no different from someone anonymously messaging you and trying to make you feel like shit. Also, fuck what anyone thinks of you. Fuck it if no one cares about you. The only opinion you need is your own. Surround yourself with better people if you want opinions that don't degrade you as a person. No friends is better than 100 shitty friends. Sometimes a few good friends are all you need.

tl;dr - I play a shit ton of DFO. When I'm not playing it, I work out a shit ton or study for my master's degree. Don't let yourself suffer from depression, make it suffer from you. Find peace and happiness in every single thing you've ever enjoyed. Take it to the next level.

• Like Like x 5
    • Classy Classy x 1
    • List
    Last edited: May 19, 2017
  7. DaenyrisT Grand Lady Shitposter

IGN:
    GenoXCaust
    Steam:
    Hi I'm Geno
    Guild:
    Meow!
    Server:
    Cain
    Thank you. I'm going to show this to my boyfriend, he doesnt have very many people he can talk to and i think this can really resonate with him. He deals with...idk what, it seems impossible for him to get his head above water though, and i hope this helps.

8. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Just recently there was a marathon supporting NAMI (National alliance on mental illness) https://www.nami.org/#
    Maybe you can find help from them as depression is a very real mental illness.

9. denwa

this, jerking off to anime tiddies while wearing a skirt and pretending to be a girl

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Derailing Derailing x 1
    • List
  10. Mormolycia Administrator

Server:
    Cain
    nice my dude

we should meet up sometime and have some fun

• Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. come on denwa skip the pretending part and just embrace it

• List
  12. denwa

lets do it

• List
  13. Mormolycia Administrator

Server:
    Cain
    nah im good

• List
  14. denwa

no I meant do drugs haha pranks

• List
  15. gay

16. denwa

ur gay

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. yeah I am

18. denwa

Screenshot_2017-05-22-09-11-03.png sani is that u

• Derailing Derailing x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  19. Sani 2.0

20. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    You could build a full train with them derails :hungergaymes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Wizard Wizard x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)