Elementalist General Discussion

Discussion in 'Elementalist' started by Sani, May 20, 2014.

1. Osaze Oink!

IGN:
    Rainbows
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    Jesus christ... I truly wonder if the people in charge of re-balancing play the game...

I mean taking away int for more skill dmg is probably not that big of a deal (someone correct me if im wrong) since snapshotting is no longer a thing but maybe they dont know just how weak we are without snapshotting

2. TheFatMage

I mean, skill damage is more important than int since saints give you so much, but I mean we didn't need more nerfs.

3. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    yeah amount of int they took off and skill damage that increase is not enough

but the problem is they made Transrune into live now with today's test server patch

so it double nerf lmao
    and trans rune not only affects ele burn int and skill damage, but also effects first awakening passive too so i dont know why they bothered making trans rune into live

4. TheFatMage

So we can't even swap for buffs anymore then?

Cause I read it as we couldn't benefit from the change from Ele Amp 9pc to 6pc by getting more levels into trans rune with the 3 added offslots.

5. Osaze Oink!

IGN:
    Rainbows
    Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Server:
    Cain
    ? Pretty sure transrune being live doesnt affect swapping ele burn. Currently you can snapshot extra levels in trans rune to boost ele burn effects, so its basically just min maxing stuff. The rework just means we cant do that anymore. Not that big of a deal, but on top of everything they are taking away this is just adding extra salt to the already well seasoned gash.

unless they screw up and manage to kill ele burn swap through some botched coding or something idk

At this point im not concerned. I love this class and i will continue playing even if these current changes go live, ill just stop gearing her for luke raid and stick to anton raid until a new balance or new epics or something

Last edited: May 19, 2017
  6. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    it doesnt effect ele burn swap
    but rune being live doesnt benefit anything

7. TheFatMage

Update is up boiz, time to shitpost
    Only difference I can notice is sesto now got buffed by 43 percent rather than the test server's 20 percent.
    Link
    Edit: After consulting with yunha, verdict is it's a nerf if you have any snapshotting gear, and a buff otherwise.
    So RIP us geared ele fanatics

Last edited: May 24, 2017 at 5:59 AM
  8. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    yeah server is live and all updated
    only sesto does okay damage
    rest is hot garbage

i will post more stuffs later tomm but too stressed with this bullshit right now

and there is no fucking words of AS weeks for future balanced patch. so fucking done right now with this garbage

its fucking joke 3 new high damaging ex dps skill they gave is rolling on the bottom of the damage chart

9. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Press F to pay respects to the OG Magic DPS

10. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    From asking a lot of different elementalist in KDnF and showing their damage and overall dps

Elementalist seems like not a pure dps, but more of sub dps position now.
    1. First awakening passive is indeed useful passive
    2. With show time, it has shorter cd with clear cube skills and able to gather mobs and aoe control

Now there are classes with party buff/debuff with stronger damage but they are prob consider unbalanced... so prob more balance patch in June to nerf them and adjust overall damage for them.

Back to rework, biggest current problem is 2 new skills such as elemental curtain and elemental quake... these 2 skills are garbage. It's shining chilling fence 2.0 and quake is very low damaging channeling super hold skill. And after rework seems to be suffering in SP points. So I seen people give up on quake and invest into other skill points.
    Rest clear cube skills are "okay" such as Crystal and gate, Halloween buster doing decent damage. And skills are black hole and others are rather of just normal room clear skills at this point. Not something you would use on named boss.

Sesto is one skill that seems to be par with damage. It's quite strong. But yeah that's really about it.

One change they made sesto good is now it has damage lingering after skill went away, so possible for pattern kill for mateka after orb and such.

Overall most of opinion is rework is "good" terms of Anton raid. Skills are faster and easier to use.

Biggest issue right now is new ex skills are doing almost no damage + quake being channeling skill. If those 2 can get buffed and changed, most people seems to be settle down for the damage they can deal atm.

P.S they say they will let you know after Luke raid run tommorrow, but most likely expecting to use your refine ring or time set to reset your sesto a lot since your damage is focused on there

Super con set ele, 12/12 upgraded savior (all good amp, best enchant only)

Same but cloth upgraded instead , testing leg build (burning on)

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2017 at 11:46 AM
  11. TheFatMage

Zail, can you find a damage test of that Ele before the rework? I want to see the direct change in damage.

12. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain

before

after

there are other comparison but most of them are not end spec (lacks on amp/enchant) so dont want to post them
    gotta say thats based off burning as well, 2nd and 1st awakening like i mentioned, does pretty much similar damage as it did no swapping before rework.

but they deleted FVV and rest of skills below seems to be weaker for sure and lost of overall damage. doesnt help new 2 skills are garbage terms of damage as well

thats the swap he did in luke for max damage before rework

it does over 6billion damage with sesto

and thats the max gear swapping he can do after rework and that is 2.4 billion

and i dont want to compare with other classes, but no swapping for full 12/12 upgraded savior for rather good class these days do alot more.

m men does almost 4b no swapping with just burning. ele can never hit damage like that + m men has way stronger clear cube skills and etc.

ele got "buffed" for people who never swapped any kind of gears before. but compare to the other pure dps classes, ele deff does pretty much low tier damage. she needs to buffed alot to match with other pure dps classes but people prob thinks that her first awakening passive adds alot on party play, so i dont expect much improvement from here

this probably the best ele can get atm (and future for very awhile)

Last edited: May 25, 2017 at 12:30 PM
  13. Denomus

So, ded DPS class with cool looking skills. Let's just get some support set and play this role lol. Cuz, what is the meaning in first awakening passive adding dmg to ourselves but we don't do significant dmg at all? let's support :dance:

14. I heard that the new ele has some sp troubles. So much trouble, in fact, that they can't afford to max all their cube skills. If anyone here as a screenshot of a post-rework skill build, would they mind sharing?

15. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    I have them saved on pc but in bed now so later tomm I will post them here. But yeah compare to test server even with master contract on, they didn't have SP problem but people do now so could be bug idk

16. TheFatMage

Wait, so can we cast stuff during Sesto now? Or is google translate being weird?
    [​IMG]

17. TheFatMage

So, after reading some of the Korean complaint threads, it turns out that the elemental burn intelligence reduction is more devastating than I previously thought, since transcendent rune increases a percentage of the intelligence that ele burn gives. So transcendent runes also got a nerf.

Last edited: May 26, 2017 at 2:30 PM
  18. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    there was a bug that after using black hole and casting sesto, you could cancel out from the animation and just black hole again.
    fixed anyways

19. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    KakaoTalk_Photo_2017-05-24-22-17-31.jpeg KakaoTalk_Photo_2017-05-24-22-17-27.jpeg KakaoTalk_Photo_2017-05-24-22-17-20.jpeg
    some basic idea of skill points
    after rework you dont really have much sp, became one of the classes that lacks sp on alot of skills

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. Jolleon