New Lancer Subclasses (September 13th)

Oh, some things that weren’t in the Patch Notes that I figured are pretty relevant to the people here:

1. To the people who were super excited about the return to the old dungeons for the nostalgia/old music, I’ve got bad news for you. While the old music was originally there on last week’s Test patch, they’ve now replaced it all with remastered/orchestral versions. They’re actually really good and I like them, but RIP nostalgia.

2. In last week’s Test patch I leveled to 50 just to see what Awakening was like now and it actually became a part of the Scenario chain. After you finish it, you complete a Scenario Dungeon (which is supposed to be unique by class) and you Awaken after you clear it.
    After this patch, however, they’ve re-added XP Books to the NPC shops so you can bypass leveling again. Also sold was a Quest Clear ticket which cleared all Scenarios until your current one. Because of this, it cleared the 50 Quest Chain and doesn’t automatically Awaken you. Because of that there was a new Awakening quest which required you run Abandoned Mine for 5 quest drops (drops 1 at a time, difficulty seems to matter because I ran once on Expert and got nothing and ran 5 times on Masters and got one every time), then 2 more times for 5 drops that drop 3/2 at a time respectively. It also required all of the old materials that our current quests have.
    I’m unsure if this is because of the fact that I cleared Scenarios with the Ticket or if they just decided to change the Awakening Quest back to a non-scenario quest since, like I mentioned, it wasn’t in the notes. I’m hoping it’s the former because the latter would be a worse Awakening Quest than we have now. I’d much rather do Tower, rofl.

tl;dr version: old music was replaced and the Awakening Quest _might_ be more annoying now

Dark Lancer’s evil laugh at the end of the 1st Awakening is great.
And his 70 EX skill has a really cool animation.

Really looking forward to these two now.

so what are the new epics for these sub-classes?

This should have pictures of all the new epics for the subclasses, but it’s all in Korean. I think it says “The very last epics for each weapons is the craftable one”. Starts off with Dragonian Lancer’s and then changes to Dark Lancer’s when it says 투창 with the very black screenshot.

so what are the new epics for these sub-classes?

I’m going to regret doing this since it’s Test server and everything’s probably going to change, but…

Beam Lances

Level 85
아괴: 지로자메
Inflict Water
5% Physical Crit
7% Magical Crit
13% Physical/Magical/Independent Attacks
30% Additional Damage
Dashing and Dash Attacks create bubbles.

Level 90
Pain Over Pain
6% Physical Crit
8% Magical Crit
17% Additional Damage
Critical Hits increase Additional Attack Damage by 5% for 100 seconds. (Max 40%, Cooldown 0.1 seconds)

Crafted 90
Steropes’ Fury
2% Magic Crit
18% All Attacks
Pressing the Equipment Option Control Key activates Steropes’ Lightning Buff for 150 seconds (30 second Cooldown, Canceled when the item is unequipped)
-10% Attack Speed, 15% Casting Speed
-35% Additional Attack Damage

Javelins

Level 85
Abadonian(?) Scream
Ruler of Darkness +1
25% Additional Damage
17% All Attacks
10% Attack Speed, 10% Movement Speed, 15% Casting Speed in a 500px Aura for all party members

Level 90
Hell of Devil Lord
Dark Javelin Mastery +1
Ruler of Darkness +3
42% Additional Attack Damage
10% Skill Attack

Crafted 90
Era of Purity
35 All Elemental Resistance
When equipped, your character is enveloped in light and given a buff:
-35% Additional Damage
-18% Physical/Magical/Independent Damage

I’m not doing anything under 85 because let’s be real, who cares.

Yo holy shit. Dragonian Lancer looks so fucking epic. I remember suggesting some while back about a spirit lance class and I was NOT expecting Dragonian to deliver on it. HE LOOKS SO COOL. Fucking hype for his 2nd Awakening.

So anyone else notice the general theme for the Demonic Lancer Jobs?

The first set was Skirmisher and Vanguard which had the theme of…

Skirmisher = The Path to resist the influence of the Demonic Lance

Vanguard = The Path that embrace the murderous influences of the Demonic Lance caused by the Evil within the Demonic Lance.

Now with Dragonian Lancer and Dark lancer we have…

Dragonian Lancer = The Hero Path where the Demonic Lancer learns to develop his Demonic Lance into a weapon to fight Evil turning it from a Weapon of Darkness into a Weapon of Light.

Dark Lancer = The Villain Path where the Demonic Lancer embrace the Darkness and Evil inside the Demonic Lance resulting in his mind becoming twisted into something most would consider Evil.

So anyone else notice the general theme for the Demonic Lancer Jobs?
The first set was Skirmisher and Vanguard which had the theme of…
Skirmisher = The Path to resist the influence of the Demonic Lance
Vanguard = The Path that embrace the murderous influences of the Demonic Lance caused by the Evil within the Demonic Lance.
Now with Dragonian Lancer and Dark lancer we have…
Dragonian Lancer = The Hero Path where the Demonic Lancer learns to develop his Demonic Lance into a weapon to fight Evil turning it from a Weapon of Darkness into a Weapon of Light.
Dark Lancer = The Villain Path where the Demonic Lancer embrace the Darkness and Evil inside the Demonic Lance resulting in his mind becoming twisted into something most would consider Evil.

A N I M E

*Dichotomy

I thought Dragonian Lancer was said to be basically a hunter? I didn’t think he was based on light anyways. If he really is a hunter then it can be assumed he uses a Beam Lance to cut through the thick hide/armors the beasts he hunts has. Since Beam Lance is the lance version of Lightsabre and well, Lightsabres are based off Star Wars and those things cut through like, anything.

he hunts dragons

So basically M.Slayer on a stick.

Did’t Nipple state that the ideas for his classes was from M. Slayer anyway?

well in a sense he is somewut technically a expy of m slayer’s since both r cursed by beings of less then positive influence and their subclass path do shares similarities

• gives into and embrace the influence of their curse (vanguard/berserker/dark)

• forgo any reliance on it (wm/skim)

• learns to wield it (sb/draco/dark)

hes just missing a subclass that strikes a deal with it for a asura comparison

Maybe if DragLancer sacrifice his hearing or something then we can have an Asura comparison.

Maybe he does go blind, only he’s…

Oh look DraLancer’s YET ANOTHER class that has better aerial attack options than Swift Master.

On a more serious note, Dark Lancer looks like everything I wanted in a ranged class for this game. The way he can intensely reposition and juke and jive around with Backstep skills.

Dragonian looks delicious but I really don’t like his level 35 move. Probably just me but it looks out of place and not very well thought out. I get that it’s meant to be a Gather skill for him but the flow of action in it is so weird. He swings his lance up, spears go into the sky, they come down to make rectangles that box in enemies?

EDIT: Looking closer, it’s called Lamb Fencer so it ties in to his hunter theme so I can get behind the concept now but I’unno still seems a bit off to me.

My inquiry to anyone who does know, can Dark Lancer cancel his normal attack/any skill into backdash? If so, I feel like so many stylish moves could just be brought out from that. Also, I look forward to seeing the 1a cut in along with the benefits the 1a gets at higher levels.

Dark Lancer can cancel out of his basic attack into backstep but can’t cancel out of skills with it.

The 1st awakening bonuses are actually on test this time:

Dragonian Lancer

level 3: Increases the Shockwave Size by 25%
level 6: Invulnerable during the skill animation
level 9: Gain 10% CDR on all skills for 30 seconds after the attack ends

Dark Lancer

level 3: Temporarily increases Encroach duration by 1 second for 30 seconds
level 6: Invulnerable during the skill animation
level 9: Gain 10% CDR on all skills for 30 seconds after the attack ends

I am surprised that invulnerability wasnt already attached to the skill. Also, to whoever knows about it, does Dark Lancer’s 1a hold, or is it just a bunch of hitstun? Or just hits and no hold potential?