Discuss Necromancer here.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How Does Dark Ritual Work Now
- Dark Ritual is now just skill damage with no conversion.
- Pledge is a passive. It makes skillboost ranges really nice in gear, and makes Pledge a good battle plat.
|Get This Stuff||For This Percent||Slots Used||Percent per Slot|
|Bloodied Scar||+13%||1 Slot||13%|
|+10 Dark Ritual||+20%||Variable||+2% * LVL|
|Spirit of Vengeance Set||+10%||6 Slots||+1.67%|
|Green DR Taints||+1%||1 Slot||+1%|
Thanks to Belt Enchants and Motion Auras, it will possible to hit 97% skill damage on Dark Ritual on your swap setup. If there is a secondary skill boost, it will be possible to hit 98%, which will be the hard limit until new special gear for Dark Ritual comes out.
I just hit level 90, what should I do now?
- Kartel for Dusky West set
- (Prepatch) Great Glory for good Dark Ritual filler, getting as many skill boosts as you can to Dark Ritual.
- 6pc Spirit of Vengeance.
- Get legendary accessories
- Farm Echon gear for a substantial improvement on regular gear.
- Use Anton Normals to ramp up on mechanics, then go do raid as early as possible.
- Farm Guild Dungeon on weekends for daily DI/PE boxes.
- Mix up gear options depending on your hell luck.
"Later" phases you should already have a good idea on what to do.
What should my skill build look like?
The skeleton build is going to look something like this:
In no particular order:
- Transformation: Molting and Eraser are there for utility.
- You are probably going to want Vallacre’s Grasp SP+TP unless you are in a dungeon with a lot of sustained single-target damage.
AoE-Focus Farming Recommendations (Content before Echon):
- Curse Spear covers a huge area on low cooldown.
- Black Arachnia is also no slouch. Keep in mind there is a bug in which 80% of the damage goes under “Nicholas Rapport” - it does a LOT more damage than the Damage Report chart implies.
- Vallacre’s Grasp covers a large area.
- Dropping Living Dead is an option for the purely farm setup.
Burst Metagame Recommendations (Echon to Anton/Luke):
- Consider skills from either AoE or Single-Target depending on whether more time is taken up in trash rooms or on boss rotations.
- Heavily consider getting Dark Soul + TP for Luke fight; the Dark Souls stack up on him until his shield breaks.
Single-Target Damage recommendations:
- Dark Soul is great for sustained single-target damage. If you max Dark Soul, you must get the TP.
- Soul Lure, Dead Man’s Grudge, and Dead Man’s Obsession become relevant in Beast dungeons.
It’s sometimes useful to delevel Black Web TP; sometimes the Black Web TP isn’t to your favor during a dungeon.
- If you maxed Dark Soul, get Dark Soul TP. It scales much better than normal.
- If you maxed Curse Spear, get at least one in Curse Spear TP for the range.
- Common TP dumps are: Nicholas Rapport, Grasp, Nail.
What do I do on Avatars?
|Hat/Hair||INT, Casting Speed||Casting Speed*|
|Face/Torso||Abnormal Status Attack Speed|
|Top||Unholy Mastery, Pledge, Vallacre Incarnation||Dark Ritual, Pledge*|
* Will not be relevant post-patch.
You want some casting speed in order to use Vallacre x-swings effectively. Typically, the minimum amount for comfortable play is around 35-40%. Outside of Vallacre swings and related moves, INT is much more beneficial to Necro’s entire toolkit.
For emblems, here are the main stats of relevance:
|Platinum||Vallacre’s Pledge||Dark Ritual|
* Will not be relevant post-patch.
Stack Magic Critical until you hit +97% for the cap, and then hit the appropriate figure for Hit Rate:
|For:||Your Hit Rate Should Be:|