Can we get a spam forum

Since sandbox is gone, Can we get a spam forum to replace it?

I see no reason for it to not exist, The only problems I can forsee are interference with most recent posts, But im sure this has a work around.

Lets talk about? It can be called whatever name isnt important, All rules would go cept for the spam rule of course.

Spam wasn’t added because we didn’t add sections we didn’t need. Spam went unused on old Nexus for over a year. Sandbox is not a Spam forum.

Also, it isn’t gone. It just doesn’t appear on the homepage because it was constantly at the top of latest.
It’s at the dead bottom of the list of categories in “New Topic”'s settings and topics from that section appear in the Off-Topic Forum.

I took this pic from that same menu on my Trust Level 1 test account.

I mean I could call tons of other sections “Not needed” You can just make it not appear anywhere important, who does it harm?

That’s what I did. it’s not showing on the homepage. The section is still there in the Off Topic section.

So is the spam rule enforced there? If so it does not solve the needs of what id like to see. Aslong as the spam rule is not enforced, I have no problems with the way it is now then. But thats the deal breaker for me.

The biggest added benefit of it being a section is that you know exactly what you are getting into when you click it vs just going into off topic which is more all encompassing and has different expectations.

Spam section is very far down the list of priorities right now. We have actual site issues that need to be addressed before we worry about a section for people to shitpost.

I mean… It does not take a large portion of time, It cant even list on a list of priorities cause it takes legit two seconds as far as I know, Why not just revert the change so that forum sandbox is back then? Can you not make it not bomb the recent in a different manner?

megathreads and spam were great for idle chatter and memes, but a lot of that migrated to Discord when that became popular and spam straight up died. of course the forum revival makes for good spam fuel but that doesn’t change what made nexus spam die in the first place. and even with the nearly ruleless sandbox, there are quite a lot of users who are really testing the limits of whats acceptable and it doesn’t help that that they think everything goes when it comes to spam

either way there’s some heated discussion going on in the back room. we’ll probably have a better answer once things settle down

I mean you are essentially saying its “He says she says” but one team is the admins so we get the middle finger which I feel isnt exactly right. As it stands currently, My reasoning is that it is similar to “Ranting and venting” Sometimes people just wanna meme and let loose. Why not give people a place to do that?

Ive always disliked surgical precision in moderation and think that communities should have things that make them communities. Other games, anime talk, things of this nature is what draws people to be closer as dfo players.

I understand the need for a hub of information, but you can do both, Its not like the people who spam in spam are not dfo players or people who dont care about the game, I can name most of them and see them in other communities across dfo. Most dfo communities have a memes board or a shitpost chat or a spam chat, its part of managing a community, sometimes people need to let loose and post those things with others who wanna see them. Its not like you are forced to go there, and aslong as it does not appear on “Recent” things should be ok!

But im fine with using the current “hidden” section as it is now, AS LONG AS there is no “you spammed get banned” after the fact.

The Sandbox has had it’s description changed - it’s now a sandbox for general posting like old Spam was.

We’ll look into the activity after a while and see if it’s still a useful subforum a month or so down the line.

I’ll look into seeing if there’s a way to have it as a visible category without displaying in the recent bar on the front page. I’m pretty sure that would be the best compromise, but I don’t know if that’s a possibility out of the box.

Hello everyone,
I mean I could call tons of other sections “Not needed” You can just make it not appear anywhere important, who does it harm?That’s what I did. it’s not showing on the homepage. The section is still there in the Off Topic section.The biggest added benefit of it being a section is that you know exactly what you are getting into when you click it vs just going into off topic which is more all encompassing and has different expectations.

Thanks for your reply and @Nigan man I agree with you!

Regards.

Spam is the scourge of the internet and can do significant damage to your community if it is left unchecked. There are two kinds of spammers to worry about: spambots and human spammers. Bots are unintelligent software programs that automate the posting of spam and can usually be easily defeated since they are rigid in their behaviour. Human spammers present a greater challenge since they can bypass the traps that catch bots and can quickly change their behaviour.
shareit app vidmate app