Witch Help. Lots of it?

Discussion in 'Witch' started by Garyuu, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    This is one of those times when I feel I need help on things I have no clue need help at all. I keep feeling as though I'm doing something horribly wrong with my Witch, at least solo. Though I am using a full Growth set from the Link event with a +9 broom weapon, I don't think I'm able to do a lot of damage at a consistent rate unless I use over 6 skills in one room, leaving me with nothing to use (or waste on) against leftover enemies. Maybe it's just not a good utilitarian class for me or Witch is generally a support DPS class or something. I guess the real problem is my attack patterns. I want to know yours. I need to know how the class can be used effectively and conservatively.

First are the minor details:
    -As mentioned, full Growth equip set
    -Level 68 currently
    -Naked, as in base avatars. No clones on Witch yet (I most likely should).
    -Pictures of skill tree: http://imgur.com/a/OCPWN
    -Despite the tree, I tried a lot of builds and mixes.

As for skills:
    -Magic Missile used to be my spam move, but then the damage wasn't getting any better compared to the Dust buffs, it has bad tracking and firing speed and enemies can counter me. Sadly, no other skill is all that spammable.
    -I'm getting into the habit of using one cube skills per room, after using a few other skills, but that don't work solo with (or without) Magic Missile.
    -Tried Fire/Light build with a lvl1 Drill for CC. Again, not working solo, especially when enemies aren't where I want them to be.
    -I'm gonna need cooldown items, aren't I?
    -Don't ask about Lasher. lol I thought pushing enemies to AOE would work. Guess not.

2. Winjo

I forget what my skill build looked like then but I would recommend the following:
    - Take points out of Mega Drill, Shururu, and Giant Flyswatter
    - Take TP out of Lava Potion and Acid Rain
    - Try to max Florae Collider, Befriend Florae and Ancient Library, Max TP for Florae Collider and Enhanced Magic Missile

You'll basically move from room to room switching between Collider and Raging Flame Furnace, spamming EMM and Jackyl to clean things up. Try to cast Collider when you have magic festival up so the cooldown isnt awful.

3. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Florae Collider TP is trash and so is Enhanced Magic Missile.

4. Winjo

What other moves does he have? I never saw Mega Drill or Gravitas do any significant amount of damage when leveling.
    Edit: Anyways OP, just tough it out until 75 because then all of your moves become (more) awesome. I don't remember Pursuit being that tough but if you need to party theres usually people around. I only remember hitting a huge speed bump around Time Gate (before our 2nd awakenings).

Last edited: Nov 23, 2015
  5. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    No can do on Shururu[/rhyme]. Mag Defense debuff and AOE range makes it too viable of a decoy skill for me. One user claims with all AOE skills, Mega Drill will do good damage. Kinda seems like it does, but nevertheless, it's better to CC enemies into those AOE's. I'll figure out if TP cube passives are worth it as I level up.

EMM is one for spam moves. What else do I have after using the bread and butter?

6. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    I guess I'll have to hope that GeneWiz makes me feel better.

7. drill is ASS gravytoss is ASS

furnace and rotate

pick up AL for free stats. it's pretty decent

lose the ice tree if you're running solo, acid rain debuff is great for physical parties but damn near worthless for solo witch. put the points into befriend florae (so that EMM successes can trigger, and honest to god you can dump points into manteau too since it hits hard enough and is spammable.

fired / half-dark/light with maybe 1 point in drill utility, is that making sense?

spare points dump into back m.crit because tbh considering the nature of witch spells you can basically get back attacks on like everything

EMM whenever it's off CD, manteau things all the time, spam the swatters, jacky lava / rain (1 point in rain just for ticks of electrocution if they proc on EMM)

it's grindy,

attack pattern:

start of dungeon

AL, EB, MF, get all the marks (honestly level 1 of a dust is useful for cleaning up stragglers. this is one thing that a lot of new witches seem to forget ????
    buffs done, EMM jacky lava rain manteau furnace

honestly that will clear basically any room. several times over. rooms where furnace is on CD just use the lower CD things like EMM / jacky / swatter / manteau

basically every other room is a furnace all clear

8. SuperStringy Curiosity-dominated

I used max snow dust, if you would like to scrub, before becoming GenieWiz and changing to ov-oriented build. Maps like pursuit are large and therefore you may not gather every monster in your AoE.

9. honestly dusts are still underrated for regular dungeons

10. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

I pretty much play melee Witch in normal dungeons right now at 61. Not having any problems. I just scrub, flyswatter, and spam the ever living fuck out of EMM throughout the entire dungeon. I only use cubes and the other AoEs when I'm up against green names tbh

P.S @ everyone: we have a skill builder

11. LeonSilvis The Original Leon Silvis who is Pure&Innocent

if you're worrying about soloing max these 4 skills
    EMM, Manteau, Jacky, and Swatter

these 4 skills will pretty much carry you till time gate, which is when you'll become reliant on your cube skills to do damage on enemies and bosses. one point on a dust skill is fine, mostly people use dark dust cause it does more damage than snow dust. 1 point on acid rain and lava is fine as the other skills do more damage than the two. You can still max it though if you want.

Drop ice car, the damage is too low compared to furnace and collider. You can leave it at 1 point for utility, but you will definitely not use it until much much later in the game. With those points, you can invest it on ancient library. Witches are the only f.mage subclass that can break its lvl limit. Mine is currently lvl 29 and it gives 534 int (around 800 with chron pieces). And if you get befriend florae, you can give that buff to someone else in the party, which in turn gives them the mp recover/int while also applying the buff on yourself.

as for the TP, you should drop it on your buffs (ancient library, lolipop, Elemental Burn) rather than your damaging skills for now. Elemental burn TP is good for the int buff, and you should invest some points on to ancient library tp since it increases the int bonus by 3% per lvl.

the TP skills for acid rain and lava only increases its atk and duration which is kinda useless since other skills can easily out damage them.

during ghent lvl grinds, i usually start up all my buffs then go Jacky (placement) > Manteau > swatter > ex swatter > jacky explosion > emm. Hell you can just use Jacky and manteau to clear rooms. The only problem is lighting up ice mark on EB, which can be easily fixed by using frosty head since its just Down+z.

12. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    Except I did use a Dust buff (Snow Dust, in fact) for a long time and gave up because the damage and proc wasn't working for me, especially when being conservative with the skills that are on cooldown + skills I need of the next room. It doesn't even hit OTG for how small mage is. lol Also, where is everyone getting this idea that a lvl1 dust is fine, anyway?

Also, new tree. Guess who ain't getting Genewiz skills? http://imgur.com/a/ryvzq

I should note another dilemma, and that is EB vs. AL. Having them both feels like a big waste of SP. Two runes on EB give me 360 INT right now, so what good is AL when 4 runes give me double the amount?

13. LeonSilvis The Original Leon Silvis who is Pure&Innocent

tree is looking better. You'll want to change your build later on though depending on what area u want to go. Either Damage with solar prom (which is RFF focused) or more of a physical support with max acid rain and what not.

lvl 1 dust is good simply because its a filler move. Currently i have lvl 1 snow dust, without the buff i do 43k. With the buff i do 83k. Death dust lvl 1 does around 86k. So its also good for killing mobs when your skills are on cd since you can just sweep then use both swatters in the air as they will have no cast time while you're in the air.

also for eb vs al... which is better? having 557 int with just eb? or having 832 int with eb and ancient library?

14. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    I'll just have to keep leveling and find out. 640int is better for me as long as my options aren't limited further than it should. But I guess that's just par for the course to being an F.Mage.

15. the whole point of 1 pt in dust is that your melee doesn't do TRASH damage. just slightly above trash and you just use it for filler

16. Isa Sheep

If I may -- coming from an elementalist's perspective: You have AL and EB because AL is set and forget free INT. EB takes more work but is quite rewarding if you can keep 3-4 marks lit when you're dealing damage.

17. marks are easy as piss to light
    in order of ease
    dark is piss easy since you're spamming manteau and swatter
    light is easy since EMM spam
    fire is slightly more difficult because all the skills (jacky / lava / furnace ) are not spammable
    ice is probably most difficult since all you have is frost dust / rain and (fuck off drillcar no one cares)

basically maintaining EB is regular rotation with an occasional down Z for frosty head of down forward z for a lantern

to save space I winded up doing most inputs for buffs by hand

start -> down up space up down space up up space up right space down right space right right space

18. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

no joke this class has like 26000 buffs. jesus christ. i had to put the majority of my buffs on manual just to keep actives on my hotbar

19. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    Do most people actually use hotkeys for buffs? That's ridiculous. I use WASD+numpad, so it's really easy for me to but all my buffs on spacebar. The only trick is for buffs that can be deactivated (Apply Poison), your input has to be specific enough that you don't hit it by accident.

20. SuperStringy Curiosity-dominated

Disenchant also lights up ice mark. But even lv.1 snow dust does some damage.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)