Witch General Thread

Discussion in 'Witch' started by saccharin, May 20, 2014.

1. Kamica

Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Sign me up for the dfog all-witch luke raid session.

2. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    5 are full DG, 1 ele dropper, 1 NG, one aura. All except aura and ele dropper have savior, ele dropper has what I assume is 90 epic rod. Everybody except aura has Five Senses or Infinite Greed/Mateka brace/ABR with epic sub/stone/ear.

3. Lilliya orb girl

What epic armor set would be considered BIS for witch? would it be DG? or are some of the 90 epic armors that like outplay it, because I've started to gear my witch on the side and I want to know what to aim for O: currently the only epics i have tho are dg belt, pioneer auto bottom and homemade/pumpkin broom

4. CryoTyrfing Curious

For 85 armors it is I believe natural guardian. If you don't have 4/5 DG there's no point in worrying about it since the 90 cap is tuesday and it won't be worth going back to grandine just for DG(hard to say it's worth even at 4/5). From what I've heard NG is better than at least the lv90 heavy armor set and is weaker than all the rest but of course, epics being epics, you don't get to choose what armor set you want completed, so you take what you can get. I myself am likely on the verge of being a full plate witch.

5. Kamica

Guild:
    VagrantEX
    I think just about any 85-90 epic set should make you incredibly strong. The reason why Dark Gothic witch is so prevalent is because of how easy it is to complete in 85 cap and because of how broken it was compared to all other epic sets before the epic revamp. Kdnfers invested a lot of gold into amps/enchants and since the set is still highly competitive in 90 cap, most players see little reason to switch until they upgrade a 90 epic set by using materials from Luke Raid

Here's a chart of potential damage for a fixed magical class:

[​IMG]

With strong enough off-armor slots, I think any of the sets in the top 21 should be capable of Luke Raid.
    The epic sets listed here should also be strong enough for SSS-rank in 85 cap given the right gear combination. Here's an example of when I pulled off a 28-second Nugol with Tactical:

[​IMG]

Bottom line is: Save your 85 epic armor sets if you plan to farm 90 hells.

6. Dun

[​IMG]

Last Nugol session before 90 cap

7. Valraven Kero, kero, kero~

IGN:
    Moriyako
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I was wondering, is the pumpkin broom relevant in 90 cap at all? I am tempted to use the box to get one on my witch but not really sure if its worth it since I already have a handmade broom that has served me well and all I have read through the forums is that fire setup is subpar now.

8. CryoTyrfing Curious

You might as well get it if there really isn't anyone else who would better benefit from the box. I would argue that unless you have savior or rabi rod, every 90 weapon a witch can get is an upgrade. Even the spear, with its battle/blood mage stuff on it still has 25% elenore and 30% bonus crit damage. Once we get the buff patch that buffs everything but RFF, then that's when pumpkin broom as a valid item will be well and truly dead.

9. Kamica

Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Flame Furnace did get a 10% damage boost with kdnf's 90 cap update, but then it got nerfed by 30% in the their next update. So basically, Flame Furnace gets nerfed by 20%.

10. Kiki Phantasmal Winter

Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    think furance with solar 6 is still good as a casual set for farming purposes though at least, but going anywhere further would require something else, then again the interview did mentioned about how they wanna make chrons relevant again so there is still that off chance tht some sorta rework or revamp on how chrons function would keep furnace relevant on some sorta lvl meta or not

11. The Winged Professor だが断る!

It is sub-par but okay enough for Anton Raid boats. Anywhere else you're probably more of a holder/subdealer. RFF simply does not do enough damage in the short damage periods available for most raid bosses. Considering Luke cutline is more along the line of full epic sets, it is definitely not cut out for anything there.

I would use the box on someone else and use handmade to begin investment into shadow setup. I guess the bonus is once Necromancy dies, using fire magic won't be a huge disadvantage anymore.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
  12. Rhasa

Sorry if this has been asked before, but how exactly do you gear witch? im a bit lost aside from swap/epics i have no idea what to get

13. Kamica

Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Solar Prominence from Otherverse is starting gear.

14. What's the next step for gearing a witch at 90 cap with Solar Prom and Pioneer sets and a Handmade Broom? Reworked legendary sets? No stepping stone between chronicle and full epics?

15. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    Maybe not with this patch, but the next big balance patch, Gracia will definitely be better than Furnace (most witch skills get 30% damage buff, but Furnace is untouched). Vilmark is also an option for support.

16. Rhasa

That sounds good, might start working on it then. Not really a fan of furnace. Do people even use furnace outside solar prom?

17. Kamica

Guild:
    VagrantEX
    Furnace is used in every scenario that's not DG or Gracia related.

We did this yesterday as a way of saying goodbye to the level 86 cap.

The party has the following setups: Dark Gothic, Tactical, Nature Guardian, and dark-based legendary setting.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2017
  18. Kiki Phantasmal Winter

Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    [​IMG]

achieved maxed library buff swap, also for anyone interested in the stats of a lvl 40 library

19. CryoTyrfing Curious

Is that in town or in dungeon? 6 piece pioneer/absolute won't show their added skill damage until you're in dungeon.

20. Kiki Phantasmal Winter

Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    dungeon ofc

that nearly 1k int though

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)