Witch General Thread

Discussion in 'Witch' started by saccharin, May 20, 2014.

1. Kiki Phantasmal Winter

Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    pumpkin is still better then handmade if ur using a fire/solar 6 build since its fire focus bonus is hard to match without going into 85 territory but handmade for everything else isnt too much better, imo get handmade since they arent too different and if ur doing pioneer setting mor then most of the non-elenore bonus of pumpkin would be useless

solar 6 is still decent for anything that isnt anton raid

as for r skill build it it may be easier to just show it to us

2. Alchemic

Get witches pumpkin broom. If you want to go 9 piece pioneer for holder, just buy a wind generator. It's better than handmade broom for ccing....

There's no reason you should take a handmade over a bis broom.

3. Kiki Phantasmal Winter

Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    wah? pumpkin is still BiS broom? though it was mana now since due to its huge bulk in addition to the same 20%

4. CryoTyrfing Curious

I could test it out, but I planned on picking a broom for my creator(or maybe play the long game and get one for dimension walker). But the Iattack gap inbetween a lv75 broom and an 85 broom that gets another 350 on top of that is enormous, and they both have 20% elenore right? So it's basically testing +3 RFF/befriend/potion and 24 fire damage vs that massive attack gap.

But that's besides the point, you can't pick mana broom from the selective 70-80 box, cause, ya know, it's not an 80 weapon. But if you do find mana broom, I'd use it over pumpkin since you can use it outside of a solar build.

5. Eurasia

Of course it's different if you already have a smash source, otherwise mermaid should beat out all other brooms for all builds.
    EDIT: Outside of savior.

6. Valraven Kero, kero, kero~

IGN:
    MoriyaSuwako
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I've been considering to change my Katana title for the olympus one, I have searched a lot of threads but never had a concise answer as to whats the ratio difference between elemental attack against independent attack. All I keep hearing is that stacking element is easier but with so many titles, auras, and pets giving iattack left and right shouldn't it be a good idea? what do you guys think?

7. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    Without knowing the exact ratio, always remember: Saders can give you stats, very few classes can give you elemental damage (or lower the enemies' res). Granted Witch is one of those classes, but I know I'm not always able to drop weather for every mob. Also, if you run with additional elemental damage (Dark Gothic, RabiRod, Sacred Fire), +elemental will almost always win out (within reasonable comparisons) thanks to the double dip mechanic.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. Valraven Kero, kero, kero~

IGN:
    MoriyaSuwako
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Thanks this helps me weight my decision more easily.

9. Alchemic

It's BiS for solar build. Mana broom is good but it's smash so who cares about it. Edit: (Nvm that's mermaids broom)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2016
  10. CryoTyrfing Curious

Mana broom is elenore, buddy.

11. Alchemic

I was thinking of mermaids, my bad. Regardless, we were comparing handmade to pumpkin broom. I also just looked in my inventory at my mana broom and saw the chages to it. It looks legit, think its better than savior solo? I know savior is better in parties but damn 210 int 350 iatk and 20 pct dmg....seems better than 35% skill damage(solo).

12. Novaan Verdiano

IGN:
    Noeri
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Bit of a stupid question or w/e I guess but oh well I'm shit with math

I currently have a Raccoon Vacuum, would a Witch's Pumpkin Broom still be a decent enough damage increase to pick it from the box or should I just take Bamboo Lance? I have no idea into how much the for example IAtk-differences translate, but Pumpkin Broom has the higher elenore + up to 6 more fire damage, which however doesn't work on the entire skillkit. And well, the obvious RFF bonuses. I heard though that AL will be a Lv15 skill at some point? And I eventually (hopefully) will move on from Solar Prom, so I guess overall it points to the Vacuum.

13. GhostlyCrow

Guild:
    Salty
    I think WPB would be a noticeable upgrade (for Solar setting) over RV. Any other setting I would wanna see testing before making a decision. Even if AL makes it to 15, that would just help for swap purposes. I guess it depends how much you care about Skirm.

14. Novaan Verdiano

IGN:
    Noeri
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Hmm... Sounds reasonable, yeah. Well, if I'm not getting anything else in terms of weapons by the time the event ends I guess I'll have to try around with both brooms. Thanks

15. Eurasia

https://namu.wiki/w/마법사(던전 앤 파이터)/여자/공통스킬#s-5.2
    The page looks pretty updated. Library is still a level 5 skill, unless it's changed again very recently.

There's a lot of discussions about pumpkin broom because of the epic road box. If you enjoy playing witch, by all means pick it up. Solar witches can go far with farmable/buyable gear (6pc solar + bulky/great glory accs/absolute field/fire legs, etc), but her main bottleneck is her weapon. There aren't any good farmable/buyable weapon that can compare to pumpkin broom.
    However, if you're planning to do hells on witch, I'd recommend not opening your epic road box till the end. This is because there are plenty of weapons that are comparable/better than pumpkin broom in the 80-85 pool, after the epic revamp.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2016
  16. Novaan Verdiano

IGN:
    Noeri
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah I'm a Witch main but my luck has been atrocious over all this time so I'm pretty much still stuck with Solar Prom and some random stuff. Hoping to get submarine finished at some point since I'm 3/5 there (my only set with that much progress), or at least get something like Flame Drop Trousers. Currently have my Req Broom and the only useable weapon drops I got over time (which would also make some sense to equip) are Snow Princess and Raccoon Vacuum, along with Tact Staff from last Epic Road, which is mostly memes though.
    Definitely waiting until the last day anyway, otherwise I'd probably get fucked over by the game. lol

Thanks for the link, too

17. Kiki Phantasmal Winter

Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    ur not the only 1, think getting inf piercing from 1st todes pot and pumpkin broom from 1st hell after AiO bck then used up all my luck since my luck seems normal so far (for the low amount of hells i done), im still stuck on solar 6 too and at most 2-3/5 on all epic sets though spider queen is like 4/5 if i decide to use the epic transfer once hell revmp comes

18. Apparently a witches only Luke Raid clear was a thing. Don't know if stuff like burning buffs factored into it, but I found it hilarious.

As for pumpkin broom, I use it and I can get by in raid (flame drop, tarantula/mana burn top, sacred fire) though usually I stick to naval/bg. But you can instead go for an aura witch build and pick up the militia captain horn (?) legendary pole that gives def shred for your weapon until you get enough epics for a shadow build... When that patch comes where enemey hp increases by 30%, and all witch attacks except furnace gets buffed by 30% to compensate, furnace build is going to be even less impressive...

Also, for people who swapped from furnace to shadow off-chron builds (not full epic ones), how did it feel in terms of strength and how fun it was to play? I've been thinking of going for DG shoes, belt, dead captain shoulder, giant bat pants, mana burn/tarant top, blooming, exec neck, filir/elven ring, ??? bracelet, and rabi rod once the next set of furnace nerfs hit, but not sure if it's worth making the jump right now.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  19. CryoTyrfing Curious

Can anyone identify any 90 weapons in that video? Poor quality+weapon avas makes it hard to tell.

I'm using an shadow build right now(dead captain, bat pants, abso field, DG top and belt), and when I last tested it my nugol was slower than a solar build, but much higher burst, which is more important for anton. I don't have a rabi rod cause muh wallet, but I think I'm doing fine without it. You just need to make sure you don't miss anything of course, and be sure to writhe in agony when you decide to cast mega drill without showtime and you watch how loooong it takes to set up.

20. Eurasia

While 8-witch raid is cute, I found it more impressive that they did it with 0 saints. :wideeye:

P1 is using an 85 broom, heartneck broom.
    P2 uses savior/gleipnir.
    And I believe either p1 or p4 is using NG.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)