Why are they called the "Sons of Sircoro"?

Discussion in 'Lancer' started by Vince Omega, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Vince Omega

IGN:
    Omeged
    Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    Plz help me understand.

2. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain

This may help, around 1:33. They befell a similar fate to the slayers Kazan's Curse. If you turn on the capations to english; it pretty much states after Sirocco died, she looked for bodies to endow her great power into. I assume she wanted to give the power to vessels that were still in good shape and had a life to live over some worn out adventurer. What I don't understand is what the "demon lance curse" comes from. I understand defeating opponents means absorbing their souls/energy, but if that's the case, why fight then? Or how is it a curse if killing someone is the main way it comes about(other than the limitless power they were given)? Just sounds very specific to me to be considered a curse and it sounds like it came from Sirocco, not a form of demonic lance. The only backstory I gather is that they have an immense power from Sirocco that the empire wanted to abuse and the lancer doesn't want to have that keep happen, so he wants to relinquish the power in him to end the empire's desire for Sirocco's power.

When I think of Kazan's Curse, I think of a demon that parasitizes the slayer to kill everyone around him when uncontrolled by the armlet he wears. It's not like the demon lance curse is forcing him to do anything...

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2016
  3. My thinking is they can only activate their powers from Sirocco through using a spear type weapon?
    It says they were taken by the empire and trained to unlock their powers.
    So I reckon they were given many different ways to unlock their powers and only through wielding a spear type weapon did the empire manage to see results.

4. Starstruck

From the above video its safe to assume that some shrapnel of Sirocco's power, perhaps even consciousness, does indeed live on in the demonic lancers. More about the curse itself can be gleaned from the introductory cutscene where he's having a sort of inner dialogue with the other D.Lancer (his friend) that he killed in the arena, and again in Luteon in the two rooms before you encounter Leno who goes on to imply that when two Demonic Lancers cross paths, the most common outcome is a battle to the death.

It's unknown if he was hallucinating the ghost of his former friend or if there was some other spiritual hijinks in the works, but with what little we do know, I believe Sirocco's curse is basically that when one lancer kills another he absorbs the shrapnel of Sirocco's essence that the fallen possessed, this process evidently fuels their own power to grow stronger but they're also haunted (literally or figuratively, whatever works for you) by the spirits of the former hosts as seen in the intro and Luteon.

and I haven't even begun to cover the possible repercussions of collecting all of Sirocco's essence in a single vessel, that could get messy very fast.

5. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    That's actually a very interesting look at it. I never actually considered the idea that the other lancers also contained bits of sirocco's power that another lancer could take away. It always looked more like the lancer just took all the power from any opponent who died to his lance. I'm not quite sure about the ghost int he opening story too. In another post, some said it was just a Vanguard who died but now that we have translations, it sounds like that was his friend speaking for a multitude of lancers who died in the arena.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2016
  6. Starstruck

Thank you. Though really it's just the best reasoning I could cobble together with D.Lancer's presently rather minimal lore, and let's be honest here DFO's localization team isn't exactly top of the line so plenty of room for errors in translation... It's kind of a passion though and a large part of what makes a good rpg experience for me, I could spend hours speculating on some of these characters internally, it really helps numb the monotony of hell grinds too harr harr.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)