Which Demonic Lancer Class will you choose?

Discussion in 'Lancer' started by EdwinLi, May 6, 2016.

1. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    Gonna have to actually try both first but I like fast classes so Duelist most likely

2. Vatar

:ok: Both is always the answer :ok:

3. Largerock Rusted Silver Sexuality

IGN:
    Rockington
    Server:
    Cain
    Most likely just Duelist, but if there's a good enough leveling event when they're released I'll make both.

...Actually I might make both anyway so whatever.

4. EdwinLi

Late comment but...
    After reading Vanguard's lore it doesn't sound like he is giving into the Demonic Power. It is more that he accepts the thrill of a decent challenge from a good fight against strong opponents. The Demonic Lance does not tempt him with offerings of power but the Demonic Lancer himself chosen to make the Demonic Lance stronger as its form as a Halberd is more suited for these hard battles.

Of course Vanguards, lore wise, seem to be few in the world of Arad due to them seeking a decent challenges from battles eventually finding one where they can't win or that they end up being assassinated or killed by other Demonic Lancers due to Vanguards being hated by them since their "violent nature" for seeking a decent battle and improving their Demonic Lance's power is considered a disgrace to the Demonic Lancers.

Yet as violent they are considered they still have standards and expecations as Vanguards don't fight people who are considered cowards or not worth a actually challenge.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  5. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    Silly as it might be I kinda hope one of the later subs he gets will be a gunlance class... because MH, that's why <.>;

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List
  6. Hova Aether

Server:
    Cain
    Gimme a spell lance (like a spell sword) and we have a deal.
    It'd also be fucking cool if we had a telekinetic lancer who conjured spirit spears and controlled them. But that goes for swords too, tbh. EDIT: I guess Omniblade is somewhat like that but only with their 2nd awake on. An entire class comprised of it would be nice too.

C'mon Neople, the possibilities are endless.

7. SpinningCane Spin2Win

IGN:
    Heihousya
    So, Xaldin.
    [​IMG]
    Personally I'm hoping for something that plays up more of the "Demon" aspect of Demon Lancers, as outside of Warlord's Halberd going into Soul Edge territory, there isn't much that overly Demonic about them. Perhaps something akin to Bender thematically.

8. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Ever since kdnf gave them a new tutorial level and they used this generic purple swirl skill at the start of it after getting a weapon to use, I can only imagine they have some sort've demon/dark class planned for it.

Considering they already have 1 weapon based around speed and 1 based around power already, I can imagine a sub getting a unique one that requires a weapon skill license. Maybe a true lancer with a shield as well, a gun lance, or even something that can transmogrify into drills/extensions. It overall seems to favor physical attributes so far in the base skills however, that could be subject to change but neople did say it felt far different to be relative to be a set of male mage subclasses. So anyone's guess.

Last edited: May 30, 2016
  9. EdwinLi

The Tutorial is quite interesting for Demonic Lancer as he meets a shadow of himself born from what he may become as a Vanguard/Warlord then meets a Duelist/Durandal who shows him the other path leading him to becoming a Duelist/Durandal.

It is up to the player to determine which path he choose to follow.

Though I wonder if that certain Lance attack skill was a intended exclusive to that scene to show him awakening to the Demonic Lance's power or a hint to a future sub-class path. The tutorial story seems to push that there is only two paths the Demonic Lancer can follow.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  10. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Was this translated somewhere? I actually thought that ghost was just the spirit of the lancer he killed from the comic plot when he was fighting in the empire's stadium to be free(has white/blonde hair and etc, looks just like him). After all, the story leaves him off in silver crown without a weapon and then suddenly that ghost comes about and shows him the way through the forest, and to not abandon his ways just for what he had to do. Whilst leading him to the trainer so he can start his path. I don't think they'd go through all the trouble of this tutorial only to narrow down the 2 subclass choices.

EDIT: after watching again, I just noticed even at the start of the dungeon it shows the tomb with the spear from the lancer struck into it. Now I'm convinced that vanguard walking is the spirit of whom he was rivaled with.

11. EdwinLi

His rival's hair is pure white not blonde as shown in the Prologue trailer. The tutorial just pick up where the Prologue ended.

The Spirit is a separate person, most likely a former Vanguard who died due to his reckless nature to find a decent battle as the lore of Vanguard mentions tend to be what kills more Vanguard. The Demonic Lancer is still moarning the loss of his former friend/rival so the Tutorial is the means of a guide to what he can become leading up to the main storyline.

Last edited: May 31, 2016
  12. Vatar

Interesting, that could result in Neople deciding that Lancer will get 2 subs only.

(Or they will rework the tutorial for the lulz if they make 2 more subs)

13. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    Looked blonde when the helmet got knocked off from the lancer's attack, guess that's the sun. I guess it's possible but I'd like to believe they let that character have a little more of an interesting concept than just what little was given in the lancer's comic.

14. EdwinLi

A part of me wish they would give Demonic Lancer a 3rd and 4th class path but as of now it seems they plan to stick with only 2 class paths for this character.

On another topic:
    A interesting thing about the two characters DL meet is that the first is a Revanant and the 2nd NPC is a Highlander.
    Both NPC's appearance are follow the Lore of the 1st awakening with the Revanant being a Vanguard returned from the dead which is what Vanguard's become if they succeed in their 1st awakening (but those that don't remain dead) and the Highlander NPC is just traveling then gives the Demonic Lancer a Lance because he was interested in testing his skills follow the Highlander's lore of seeking people of decent skills to Duel.

15. Jouv

IGN:
    Jouv
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Vanguard! Love Lu Bu and my main is a monk so a hardhitting class would be nice.

16. Yojimzo

IGN:
    Croloachra
    Guild:
    Mavericks
    Server:
    Cain
    While I did already post in here, I'm actually leaning to maining both instead of just Van, F:GO is partly to blame there, but hey.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)