What skills to add for Elemental Bomber, PVE

Discussion in 'Elemental Bomber' started by BraveCloud, Mar 29, 2015.

1. BraveCloud

Only for PVE, not PVP

2. MistahBoweh Streamer

IGN:
    GotchaBITCH
    Guild:
    Solari
    Server:
    Cain
    Don't bother with cube skills, til endgame you shouldn't need them and DFOG so far lacks endgame. Max your passives and three ranks in your cancel skill. As soon as you get 5 tp, spend it to upgrade inferno road because it's dumb.

Take advantage of the cc generated by Inferno Road and Crystal Storm, both of which can be chained into each other and also cancelled into Chain Lightning, your highest damaging PvE skill that without cc makes you vulnerable. Use Concentrated Fury of the ice element for another freeze chance and extra damage to enemies already frozen by Storm. If an enemy uses super armor to walk through your inferno road and Storm is on cooldown, use either of your super armor skills, grab them if you can, or use your teleport to get on the other side of him. Largely your strategy is going to be to keep enemies frozen or in the air and everything else is to stall for the cooldown on your freeze and knockup.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2015
  3. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    Most of his attacks are great.

Chain Lightning, Dark Sphere, and Inferno Road will be the skills you use the most to clear rooms with a side of XXXXX. EB is 2stronk for most of the game for cubes to ever be needed. However, if you're like me, you're going to be using cubes anyway. Crystal Storm is by far his best anti-situational cube at his disposal. Not to mention, the short cooldown makes it pretty dumbdiculous and an amazing damage dealer on bigger targets.

Fire Ring and Elemental Rain are the only questionable cubes he has. Fire Ring is good, but the range isn't too spectacular and it doesn't really outdamage any of the previous moves unless it's a high/medium level. Elemental Rain can be whatever element you want for nice damage (the huge orb), but the hitbox for it is REALLY weird. So weird that positioning yourself to use it might not be worth your time considering you can just spam CL/DS/IS willy nilly to kill everything anyway.

His three buffs, Shift, Shield, and Burst should be maxed as well. Concentrated Fury is a decent point dump. Flame Shield is also not a bad choice for a point dump, since it scales OK-ishly and has nice range/speed. Although it's not needed at all since your other skills get most of the work done, with X used to do the rest.

And if for some reason you want to use EB in PvP. No pls.

4. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't even play Elemental Bomber anymore but this advice is just.....

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  5. Shirouzen Jupiter's Wrath

Server:
    Cain
    With infinite free resets you could just pick whatever you want and see if it works out for you (I fking love this, being a guy who loves to experiment with builds. Yay no more 20 dolla resets!). Also since we have auto xxxxx now, normal attacks are alot less of a nuisance.

6. MistahBoweh Streamer

IGN:
    GotchaBITCH
    Guild:
    Solari
    Server:
    Cain
    It's true, though. You have a passive revival trigger that works as long as you can kite for eight seconds after death. Until you get to the lv60 dungeons it's pretty much impossible to use life tokens and once you learn the enemy patterns at 60+ ultimates, your teleport should enable you to never die, ever. It might take you fifteen minutes a run without an upgraded weapon, but with one, you chew through bosses in no time at all without needing cubes.

7. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Still not seeing it.

I mean, what else are you going to spend that SP on, not like EBomber has 2nd awakening.

8. MistahBoweh Streamer

IGN:
    GotchaBITCH
    Guild:
    Solari
    Server:
    Cain
    It's not the sp cost that matters, it's the cubes. I'm writing this from the perspective that sp resets are free and you can reset when 70+ content comes in that actually mandates you use them. Cube skills in Tower are perfectly reasonable, but you don't need to spend an extra fifty frags every dungeon run when you need them for gear reinforcement or transferring to a cube-heavy character like Ranger or something.

9. Dubin carried by fmage

my number one complaint with bomber machinegun fire back in the day, gimmeh my Dark Mantle into whole room one-shot
    bitchesdontknowboutmybasedmg.jpg
    No, no, it's literally mathematically impossible for cube cost to be an issue with any class anywhere. I think Dark Knight might be the first one in the history of DnF that is mathematically capable of running a net deficit. But like my elementalist is

*literally*
    Nothing but cubes
    And she still builds up quickly from a start of 500 to a surplus of 3-5k in just an fp bar of running and disassembly :fmage:
    Okay that's a legitimate
    wait
    YOU SKIPPED THE WRONG THING FOR 70CAP CONTENT D:

10. MistahBoweh Streamer

IGN:
    GotchaBITCH
    Guild:
    Solari
    Server:
    Cain
    Even if you are heavily relying on cube skills, you're going to need the reinforced weapon anyways. I assume it's a necessary expense once you get to 60.

Technically you can still cube profit, assuming you want to disassemble for cubes and you don't need any kind of profession mat. And assuming you're trying to fund the single character. And assuming you aren't spending cubes on those other characters in arena as well as dungeons.

The advantage to Bomber in not needing cubes is that you can shovel them off onto your pvp character and fund the cube quests of alts while still earning profession mats at the same time. It accomplishes a lot of goals at once. If you don't care about any of those things, that's fine, but having a character with a large cube surplus is key for the reinforcement lottery and for being able to spend a large amount of time playing pvp without caring about the expense.

If alts, pvp and professions aren't things you care about, that's fine. But you're still spending resources you don't actually need to spend. The only argument I've seen is 'spend them because you have them', as opposed to 'spend them because they actually help you.' Because they really don't. You clear all obt1 dungeons just as easily either way.

11. Dubin carried by fmage

Actually, I do care about alts and pvp.

But like
    You literally get this bigger and faster spamming cubes than skipping them.

Here are the hundred and one ways cube spam directly helps your direct cube surplus
    1. You kill dungeons faster, so you generate whites and blues to disassemble in a shorter time period. With enough alts, you'll generate more cubes over a given time span with cube spam than without.
    2. As long as we're on about professions, the same applies to a higher drop rate of mseals in a shorter time span, to toss to your alchemy/etc. extractors for profession mats.
    3. You kill dungeons more efficiently, so you spend less money on repairs and have more to buy cubes off the AH. Or buy low sell high and make even more money for pvp, professions, etc.
    4. You actually kill dungeons faster, better, and harder with +0 cube spam than with +11 or +12 cubeless. My elementalist literally ran a ~3min Arden Kings with a +0 after taking ~4min+ on the same with her previous +11. In that instance it was due to chronicle gear, +wepattk enchants, and so on--and there's a bigger difference in clear time between cube and cubeless than there is between half-geared and purple geared.
    Well actually, you get cubes by the bushel from blues and even whites, but only the one bottle of wind when you extract them. And you get just a solitary clear cube from disassembling purples, but profession mats by the bushel when you extract them. So there is literally no reason you should be running a deficit of the one or the other, ever. :fmage:
    Again, in terms of cubes it is mathematically impossible for a character to *not* be able to fund themselves. In terms of money you just need to have each alt operating at not a loss, and have a source of Dollars Per Second (gaming the cube market, alchemy extractors on everyone, etc.), and you'll always make more money.

In terms of arena you're not actually saving any money by having one character pve-only and another one pvp-only. It's a great way to have a pve you love fund your pvp, sure. But in terms of time spent on pve to time spent on pvp, there's no actual savings in any direction in doing cubeless pve. In fact it's worse on a pvp fiend to do cubeless pve, because that means more time spent in pve and less time spent in pvp.

Oh!
    5. You get the exact same funding for pvp either way, but with cube spam you get to spend less time in the dungeon and more time in the arena.
    My elementalist kills literally everything in one hit with a +0 :fmage:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  12. Kupo a moogle

IGN:
    KupoFlare
    Steam:
    the-spoops
    Guild:
    80percent
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm pretty sure cubes are your best friend because Darkness mantle + Lightning wall pretty much cripples a boss for your awakening or fire road/glacial storm

as for Fire circle and Chain lightning, do not be decieved by their great early game damage, they do fuck all in damage compared to your other skills down the line. you won't have enough SP to max 1 tier 2 and 2 tier 1s. and thats not counting if you opt into Elemental Rain, which tbh is nothing compared to Dark Zone + lightning wall, plus you cant cancel Elemental rain with elemental bombing.

13. Lil Puddin Duke of Diabeetus

IGN:
    ALOT
    Yeah, EB is all about them cubes, 'bout them cubes, no charging.

All his cubes are ridiculous. His elolimentalist sister has to wait for longer to use her cubes to get off cooldowns. Sure, they are stronger and usually bigger too. But she must also charge them for 2-6seconds, after the initial cast time, to utilize their full potential. And if she gets hit, she's mad4lyfe. So the loli will spend a good 5-10 seconds setting up just one of her cubes. But here's the Elemental Bomber... He just unloaded 3 of his room clearing cubes in the same amount of time it took her to just use ONE. That's assuming he even needed to since Cube+Strong PseudoCube = ded.

About 1-2 second cast times:
    Crystal Storm is 11 seconds cooldowns and then less with the TP upgrade.
    Darkness Mantle/Lightning Wall/Fire Meh have 22 second cooldowns.

Casting times barely exist for these:
    Inferno O+TP still has a 5 second cooldown. Yeah. Kill everything in front of you on two entirely different X axises. OKEE. Cubeless cube skills for everyone then!
    Dark Sphere has a 15 second cooldown. The range is about the size of Soul Bender's summon circles. It can blind. It's another cubeless cube skill.
    Chain Lightning has a 12 second cooldown. It's 4 Enhanced Magic Missiles tied together and they are also all on steroids. It can chain entire rooms.

He then gets further cooldown reductions if he cancels his spell into another one after casting his first spell. So he removes the end lag of all his attacks and just replaces it with a casting time for his other attack and then get a lower cooldown because of it. The only draw back for all his perks is his super high MP usage per skill, which is justified given damage:MP ratios and stuff, but MP pots exist so that's totally fine. He's just going "Oh boohoo, I gotta use more mana. #LifeIsSoUnfair #WhyDoesEverythingITouchDie" (I guess his PvP game is severely penalized outside of FFA and teams, so that may count as well. Though he isn't nowhere as bad as a Nicholasless Necromancer or slow M.Grappler lol.)

Excuse me, sir?

Please stop littering the entire battlefield with them.

Sir, you better stop.

My husbando is the CEO. You'll get fired from ever working here again.

Sir.

I'm calling the cops.

14. Kizkun

Infernal Road, Chrystal Storm, Dark Zone, are your definite max. When it comes to tp, it is a must have on Infernal Road and Zone, (Chrystal Storm) is up to you.
    As for Fire Spin, it looks great but once you get higher level you tend to notice how long it's cooldown is, and in some situations being wide open with super armor for a good 3-5 seconds is not worth the damage it deals. As for chain lightning, get it up to its preq for Lighting Wall.

15. Red Amnesiac

Shut the fuck up.
    What kind of dumb shit are you mixing with solid advice. Get your fucking cubes OP, holy fuck. Literally all of them are a fine max

Actually what kind of poverty level dumb shit are you saying. If you really want to shill your cubes to some other character fine. But don't offer that shit as advice. What on earth is wrong with you.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  16. Vex

why do people even ask about skills anymore

try them the fuck out

ebomber is probably one of the hardest classes in the game to fuck up a skill build for and become useless in PvE

you even have an option to just spam X and you'll still get to 70 solo without issue

even you have the least optimal build possible, you'll probably just end up having more fun against most of the bosses and your clear times will be 50 seconds slower

17. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    elebomber is a newer class so it has like one of the most streamlined skillbuilding

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Daidarapochi Male Enthusiast

IGN:
    ShotaLicker
    Server:
    Cain
    Max everything til 30 OP

19. Goldeneyes Cat Overlord

cubes are your friends cause they be OP, inferno road is your friend because CC, chain lightning is your friend cause cc and chain damage, crystal storm is your friend cause freeze hax, and even dark zone is your friend because it blinds AND pushes the enemy away from you giving you some breathing space to use TP to get away

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)