What should I map Chain Rush to?

Discussion in 'Elven Knight' started by Nezumi, Apr 19, 2015.

1. Nezumi

Trying to figure this out. The default of back, forward, X is too difficult to consistently pull off in the middle of a chain and also follow up with another skill input and tends to end up making you do the forward/charge version of it even when you don't want to.

I've heard the suggestion of "space", and that works fairly well... so long as you don't actually have to move or readjust yourself at all before using it. If you do, it's too easy to trigger a buff and mess up your chain, unless you remap all of those to something else. (And if so, what?)

Mapping it to Z makes it harder to use the launcher with it (since you have to map it to something else) and that's such a useful go-to chain extender that I hate to do that.

I'm honestly a little stumped.

EDIT: Just Down+Z came to me, but I'm sure I'm missing an obvious reason that's a terrible choice.

2. Arc Seuss

IGN:
    Laterality
    Server:
    Cain
    i put mine on left shift so i'll just my left pinky. I used to have it on B until i needed the hotkey room

3. Nezumi

As in, you rebound one of the skill hotkeys to left shift, then bound Chain Rush to that hotkey? Interesting. Didn't occur to me, even when I was considering using a skill hotkey, rather than command input -- I tend to favor the latter, because it usually includes a cooldown reduction/MP discount, plus I can use it without having to worry about what hotkeys I do or don't have set. I only rarely use the actual skill hotkeys -- I used it for Mage's Magic Missile while it was still relevant, and use it to actually fire off Curse Spear once I've already set it up because you can't really manage a good rate of fire with two-down+z.

4. Arc Seuss

IGN:
    Laterality
    Server:
    Cain
    im probably going to switch it back to space since it's more of a fluid movement for me.

5. Yon

Spacebar.

6. Noriginal ㅡ_ ㅡ

IGN:
    Grass
    Guild:
    Communism
    I tried spacebar first but I found out that you could move left/right during chain rush so I'd sometimes buff instead of rushing. It's on w now.

7. Nezumi

You can actually run all over the place so long as you get in the chain rush hit before the bar disappears and don't accidentally trigger anything that messes up the chain. (Basic attacks are fine, as is moving, but much else will either reset it or end it. Not tried jumping) You can also do it as a stationary strike or a jumping charge.

EDIT: I've been using "s" now. Easy to reach mid-combo, and Chain Rush's cooldown is irrelevant and cost is only 3 MP, so the bonuses from command input don't really matter.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2015
  8. I have chain rush on V, backstep on space (By moving the H and Y hotkeys) and skill2 on left shift.

The annoying part is that you can't change input commands while skill2 is on left shift so you have to move it back to space if you want to change skill commands to it.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  9. Mikaya The Incompetent One

IGN:
    Mikayano/SariaViolet
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    Default layout and spacebar, It's just easier for me since I keep my left thumb on space for anything. Force of habit I guess, and it stuck with me.

10. B3RRY

Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    space bar, just so use to it that i find myself hitting spacebar on my other alts lmaaaaaao

11. Skiptrace

I would say Spacebar is a good option. Any major buff skills or skills you need easy access to are great for it.

e.g Strengthened Throw, Strike, Will Driver, etc.

12. ή☆VGPG | Swift

IGN:
    Rayot
    Steam:
    Swift4
    Guild:
    Kawaii
    Server:
    Cain
    Funny...Ive been using spacebar to jump. The C key is one of my quickbar commands. So what key should i use now?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)