Weapon Master PVE Guide (Based on DFOG's latest patch)

Discussion in 'Blade Master' started by YanDaMan263, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Raiden Sunlight Yellow.

So are Zans still trash I totally love the high damage they do. (makes up for the fact that im poor)

2. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    They decent with THousand Sword Warrior for casual play. Outside that, yes they are trash.

3. So stacking Water damage is a good way to go with epics? Or would a different element be useful?

4. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes, water is the best one for multiple reasons. The Epic Ice Princess Set stacks it a crazy amount and is the ideal end game acc set, and those who use the Sea God Leggings will get use out of it's +7 water damage.

5. Well guess I'm going to have to save up for skasa cards, kinds sucks I might not be able to get shoes and belts with the +3 ele damage in time.

6. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Updated stuff to match All in One patch.

7. I noticed in the section for optimal damage setups, you include masamune with balmung and the savior weapons. Is masamune that close to balmung in terms of damage (assuming with the setups you mentioned)? I have a yin sword right now, but no balmung, and im wondering if soloing dungeons it would be better to use masamune over yin sword.

I can't do proper damage comparisons yet because my yin sword is +12 and i havent tried reinforcing my masamune (waiting for weekend reinforcement event.)

8. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Masamune is probably one of the better non-Anton epic weapon for WMs assuming you have full Cold Princess accessories with no Crit Damage conflicts like Assassin Blade Ring. But Yin also has a crit damage mod. This is also mainly for SST builds, and Katanas are superior to SS for this direction. I would say Yin is a better weapon overall but in SST builds, Masamune trumps it, unless you party with a Yang of course.

9. KShrike

Hey, if I could point something out.
    If you come back to the game and get the growing equipment, growing zan at +10 murders everything until the Time Gate area, where you are *finally* outscaled with growing zan.
    You literally just SST everything, and they die in one hit, minus the bosses which die to like a couple cubes.
    Not really a contribution to endgame, just a note on leveling without spending any money on mana. Obviously you would switch to whatever weapon type is more viable when you get to time gate.

10. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    With the way the main story is now, that's basically every class and/or build.

11. KShrike

Yeah, I figured. It felt *way* too easy, with the only limit being mana sustain, and even then that's only an annoyance (it was nonexistent for Blademaster).
    I'm already 80 within a little more than a week of grind. I'm guessing endgame got really serious if they want us maxed so easily.

12. Sastifur

IGN:
    Sastifur, Agireda
    Guild:
    Lolita
    Server:
    Cain
    Is magic cataclysm the only way to go?

because im just about done with getting nature guardian set, only need the pants

13. THTmana

In the current state of DFOG, magic cata is still necessary, but complete NG is still a powerful set on WM and should do well for you until the epic rework eventually comes around.

14. For support WM are the vilmark auras good enough along with the iron strike levels?

15. THTmana

The vilmark pieces kind of act like pseudo tactical aura items. It really depends on party composition. If I'm in a party that could benefit from atk spd, I would actually use a dusky west piece, but the vilmark pieces by themselves are a solid pickup.

16. KShrike

There's something I'm ashamed to say I do not understand about the Weapon Master, and it has a lot to do with Electrocution.

Obviously, a higher level of electricute does the higher damage. But do electricute debuffs stack? Do debuffs override each other? If I'm trying to maximize the damage of ISD or SST with a lightsaber, do I need to apply shock from draw sword, thrust, and then ISD?

17. ArcLight Hiatus

It's not really a question of how many stacks you do, but which skill you use.

You'd notice that shock debuff stacks if you use SST's 1st part on an enemy multiple times. The shock damage increases dramatically.

If you're asking about gearing shock+, the damage increase isn't really that major as much as building a chronicle set 6/9 Afterimage for ISD or getting an overdrive switch set, so I really suggest not going for anything electrocution +level related unless you're intending to go full defense shred support (even then, defense shred is more important then electrocution level). Also, refine your weapon if you want more elec damage.

If you're asking about stacking shock, you shouldn't really worry about Electrocution on ISD too much, but if you're worried about giving fast shock procs to a party full of multi-hitters, Raging Dragon Slash is the fastest way to get crazy amounts of shock damage stacks on. You'd notice a huge spike in damage in ISD after RDS, but the huge spike in electric damage dies down by the time you're done with like 1/3rd of the skill.

Another reason why stacking shock for ISD isn't important is if you look at your shock debuff, it says something like "bonus lightning damage for up to __ times". The "Up to __ times" indicates how many hits until the electrocution debuff "wears" off.

In logic, ISD's shocks should be all stacking, but somehow you only do 3 times the damage of one ISD shock debuff. That's the reason why stacking shocks isn't as "amazing" as it looks at first. (It's strange because you see numbers fluctuating between 2x and 3x in ISD sometimes)

Another example, this time on proof of hit amount, use Thrust then charge crash something to build up extra hits while doing normal attacks later. You'd notice the shock debuff is there but there's no blue numbers coming out sometime later.

Tested with Gorun:
    Shock damage on ISD alone: caps at 3.1k
    RDS to IDS: goes to 64-78k for 1st third of the skill, then 3.1k (Depending on position)
    IDS's damage (with no shock) per slash: 174-197k. (Tested with a 6/9 afterimage, notice how minimal the shock damage is)

List of "up to __ times" skills and how much lightning damage the tooltip says:
    SST: Up to 3 times, ~5300 elec for me. (was originally 4600)
    Draw Sword: Up to 33 times, ~4080 elec for me.
    ISD: Up to 2 times, ~1007 elec up for me.
    RDS: Up to 22 times, 7286 elec for me.
    Mind's Sword: Up to 2 times, 4899 for me

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  18. KShrike

I think the one thing I can take away from this is that, yes, it's a good idea to refine my weapon even though there's so little fixed damage (like next to none IIRC) thanks to electrocute.
    That's something I've been wondering for awhile.

19. Got a Weapon Wielder Zenith +1 on the title for my WM, but not sure if I should keep it or try to get a +2 OD instead. I already have a +1 OD from TAO though, so I'm not sure if it's that worth...

20. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    +1 Zenith dont do anything for you, not even +2 isnt that great. +2 OD is better.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)