Weapon Master Dual Wield Lore?

Discussion in 'Blade Master' started by TheAdventGamer, May 2, 2016.

1. Ok so I just have this little issue with WM and that's the dual wielding with SST using Lightsabers or Katanas. I was under the impression because of the Ghost Arm they can't wield anything with it save for special circumstances. (Berserker's Blood Sword and Soul Bender's Kalla blade being the ones that come to mind.)

I probably should ignore it but being a lore enthusiast this just troubles me. Is there any lore reason why WM can dual wield these two types?

2. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    It's pretty simple. We just locked up the arm and made it white so we can use the left arm. Is that not in the quest dialogue anymore since revamp? It's probably not since Vetala is in charge of all the class changes now.

3. Hm, I thought the reason for the restraints that cause the arm to go white was to further lessen the influence of Kazan.

4. SpinningCane Spin2Win

IGN:
    Heihousya
    I've always just took it as that, Kazan's influence on the Weapon Master is much lesser compared to other Slayer classes, and as a result of Kazan's influence being locked down tighter, the Weapon Master regained more control over his left arm, allowing him to wield a second weapon with it now. At least that's how I've always seen it, but what do I know?

Last edited: May 2, 2016
  5. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Does restraining a demon that inhabits your left arm not sound like it would make it easier to use said left arm? That's the whole reason we restrain it in the first place, so we can apply swordsmanship without him interfering. Man things were so much simpler when old man GSD explained just why your arm goes white or you suddenly go blind.
    Lavitz gets it.

6. Ok I think I understand now, thank you all for your input, also I wish I was around when GSD gave out the starting advancement, often the cost for simplicity is depth.

7. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    Trust me, it's better this way. You do NOT want to experience the grind that was Behemoth's 2nd Spine. Just ask the oldies about lore before metastasis instead.

8. That bad huh.

9. Copain

I was going to not reply and assumed someone else would have, but it seems that didn't happen.

In the older versions of the game, you were required to do more quest to get your subclass. The Blade Master's was about making an item (I think it was a small tablet?) for you to hold that would weaken the power of the demon arm. GSD would talk about how the Demon Arm would prevent you from ever using a real sword, but you could use the tablet to regain a little use of the arm. It used to be that only Lightsabers were dual wielded, so the assumption was that it was the power of the tablet that was making the off sword. I'm not sure about the deal with the Katana, but it's likely either that, or just the fact that those weapons are lighter and that the weaker arm are letting you use light weight weapons.

10. SteamBoy27 Radical Dreamer

IGN:
    SteamBoy27
    Guild:
    WildDreamers
    Server:
    Cain
    It's our Brace; they make it a stronger seal on Kazan. The second lightsaber was also the same design as the beginning lightsabres so it's just assumed we had two and they had to make the second sword sprite static.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)