Weapon Master Balance Change (KDNF Feb 2015) Info

Discussion in 'Blade Master' started by YanDaMan263, Feb 12, 2015.

1. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    I dont know what to tell you.

2. SlayerGauge Master Race

So are light sabers at all useable? If you had to rank the weapons, how would it go down? Short sword #1 etc?

3. omegaman

You should be leveling with a short sword early on anyways, the fixed damage sst is really good early on. Just don't level sst past 1 unless you don't wanna mp.

4. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    Epic lightsabers have busted effects. But until you get a hold of one, stick with Short Sword or Katana.

LS is considered best for 3 reasons:
    -Balmung
    -Stupid high attack speed especially with swap buffs.
    -Little to no hit-stop, meaning you can attack faster with little to no delay in-between SSTs.

BUt finding a Balmung is not a realistic goal for most players. So assuming I was using all Magic seals: SS > Kat > LS > Blunt > Zan

5. Someone

What about the Liberation weapons that WinzAz uses?
    Is that LS good?

6. Nier FPriest main since 2017

He uses all lib weapons though and relies on swapping + other gear effects for damage.

7. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    I somehow left out the Overdrive buff change on the balance change.

Overdrive now increase skill damage instead of raising weapon p.atk.

Lv21 Overdrive now make skills do 27.1% more damage.

Now all the sudden the only damage multiplier advantage SM had over WM is gone, GGs.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  8. Someone

So with enough Gear, WM outclasses all his fellow subclasses damage wise?
    Also one of the top damage dealers in the game?

9. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    WM with certain epic gear is among top 5 damage dealers in the game. Without epic gear they are average.

10. SlayerGauge Master Race

Blunt and Zam are that bad? I thought this change boosts those two pretty big.

11. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    They're not bad, the other 3 are just better.

12. Gilgamesh The First Sword God

Yan, did they ever fix the SS clash damage cap or was that intentional, cause I noticed it on both kdnf and cdnf.

13. Orbus

I think they eventually fixed it, you can only ignore crap like that for so long.
    There's no way that kind of damage was intentional.

14. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    They fixed Clash damage in the sense that you no longer hit damage cap for no reason now. But there is still supposed to be a fair amount of fixed damage on Clash when using Short Sword, making it stronger than other versions.

In 85 cap there was a new bug where Charge Crash gained an ridiculous amount of fixed damage instead, letting me one shot every Despair APC and Dragon Tournament APCs with 1 charge crash LOL!

Wanna see? http://www.twitch.tv/yandaman263/c/5246128?t=15m02s

Thats fixed from the recent balance patch in February though.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  15. Orbus

You can select multiple things for disassembly now instead of having to go through them one at a time oh sweet baby jesus thank you.

16. Gilgamesh The First Sword God

Some of the best news I've heard all day.

17. verdanta

How big of a buff did WMs overall get? Huge damage increase or just made it easier to level as in scale better early game?

18. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    Easier to level, and 2nd awakening will now give them a major damage boost. Before 2nd awakening didnt do much for them besides giving them a few new actives to use and a good super hold skill. Now Ultimate Sense will give a huge damage increase to Charge Crash, RDS, ISD, a small damage boost to Draw Sword, and less charging time on Lightning Draw Sword similar to M/F Launcher's 2nd awakening passive that gives a huge buff to some of their skills.

The biggest improvement though, is the fact that most additional weapon effects on skills now do a percentage of the skills overall damage, meaning if a skill is boosted by chronicle gear, the extra hits/effects will also be buffed with it.

For example, Katana's Draw Sword's 2nd hit will always do 21% of the first hit's damage, meaning if you go full Thousand Sword Warrior set to buff Draw Sword, the damage increment will be much higher than before now due to this change, as opposed to before where it only did like 2000% physical damage no matter what.

Oh and this patch pretty much doubled RDS's overall damage after lv4 Ultimate Sense.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
  19. Yeldo

How much behind are we?
    There are some stuff that I don't see in the game yet, like Charge Crash SS mine has no independant extra damage at all :v

20. Everspace I will murder your family

Guild:
    Haberdashery
    This weird magical land of about a couple of months give or take some things. IIRC the Avenger Rework (Metamorphosis or Awakening-lite from 2nd Awkening) and some other fixes were not to far off from these.

I don't see them doing many gameplay updates until much later however.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)