Vanguard General Discussion

Discussion in 'Vanguard' started by Poison, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Kamoe My brain trembles~

IGN:
    Kamoe
    Guild:
    RedHorizon
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, Demonic Unleash is critical damage I think.

2. Pyros

It doesn't matter what skills give you, they always stack with items anyway. No skill gives normal smash though, but a bunch of skills give crit dmg(off the top of my head stuff like Sentiment for SM and one of the passive or Assassin's Attitude for SD for example), and they stack with the actual item stat, the smash stacking restrictions is only for items(and I mean in general, creatures/titles are also items).

3. Kamoe My brain trembles~

IGN:
    Kamoe
    Guild:
    RedHorizon
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, so if you got the Heaven's Halberd, which gives 40% Smash, and then got a Gigantic Presense which gives 10%, that means you only still have 40% because the Halberd takes priority over the ring. The same goes for Critical damage modifiers like the Red Fang Pants and, say the Petite Pet. The pants give 15% critical damage, and the pet gives 7%, which means you only have 15%, but as Pyros said, Critical damage modifiers DO stack with character buffs like Death by Revolver and Demonic Unleash.

4. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    What? Gigantic Presence isn't smash. It's skill damage, which is essentially stackable smash. Ergo, 3pc Gigantic Presence does not get overwritten by anything. It has nothing to do with other damage modifiers you may have. You also need all 3 pieces of the set for that, not just the ring.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017 at 3:28 AM
  5. Kamoe My brain trembles~

IGN:
    Kamoe
    Guild:
    RedHorizon
    Server:
    Cain
    Oh my god I mixed up Gigantic Presense and Great Glory. DERP. :weep:

6. sethnes

Hi Garyuu thanks for the advice. Currently i am building my halidom set and i can beat normal without any problem. Well EX Noire i will try after i full set halidom. Currently i am using Immolation halberd, i want to ask if i didnt get any other epic, should i go for liberation weapon?

7. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Immolation is really underwhelming for a legendary. I strongly suggest saving your gold for a liberation, as crafting one is no longer cost efficient by any means.

Vanguard really shines with any kind of elenore setup, like 6pc Gracia+liberation, since second awakening passive allows you to double dip on elenore procs.

8. sethnes

Yea Immolation is just for me to go through the emptiness time haha. I am definitely going to aim for elenore weapon, but I still pray that rngesus will give me a demon bane , but well if I have enough gold to buy liberation and demon bane is still missing, I will go for liberation haha:buckteeth:

9. Drondt Drondo

What's the minimum gear requirement for buffed Anton raid? I really want to try it while the buff is still available.
    Have atm vicious 6pc and olympus leg(lv55) set, farming toward Gracia atm

10. Kamoe My brain trembles~

IGN:
    Kamoe
    Guild:
    RedHorizon
    Server:
    Cain
    So I heard someone say something about Vanguard getting buffed in the Korean server, I can't find the thread where it's stated, does anyone have any intel on that?

11. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    It came with Infinite Difficulty.

Side Slash
    • Skill Damage has been increased by 31%
    Ankle Cut
    Inferno Charge
    • Skill Damage has been increased by 32%
    Brandish
    • Skill Damage has been increased by 22%
    Impact Smash
    Crescent Slash
    • Skill Cooltime has been decreased by 1 second
    Behead
    • Skill Cooltime has been decreased by 1 second
    Dread Bore
    • Skill Cooltime has been decreased by 2 seconds
    Blade Storm
    • Skill Damage has been increased by 30%
    • Skill Cooltime has been decreased by 2 seconds
    Devastate
    Earthshatter
    • Skill Cooltime has been decreased by 10 seconds
    Lunge Strike
    Doom Glaive
    Deadly Massacre
    Burst Slash
    Demonic Inferno
    • Skill Damage has been increased by 43%
    Demonic Lance Mastery
    • Physical Attack Bonus has been increased from 20% to 30% (Master Level Value)
    Demonic Control
    • Skill Damage Bonus has been increased from 22% to 33% (Master Level Value)
    Demonic Lance Awakening
    • Skill Damage Bonus has been increased from 30% to 35% (Master Level Value)

12. Pyros

This comes with a mob hp buff of ~30% too. Or well the patch after maybe but they were 2weeks apart in korea and will probably be packed together for us. Still a buff since it's dmg buff on every skill and then damage buff on passives increasing every skill, but it's not going to be as massive of a jump as it looks like.

13. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't recall the last time a buff was this freaking huge...you mention "Infinite Difficulty." What's that mean?

14. Pyros

Ancients/OV difficulty, scales to infinite(in theory, there's probably a max). Basically it's like normal expert master etc, but it just keeps going up when you beat on, and it's instead replaced by a number. 1 is normal, 2 expert and so on. It's a pretty pointless feature since the only reward is a slightly higher lion chance, but it lets you create a challenge for yourself if you want. Since it was the big change in the patch, it's referred like this but it has massive damage buffs for most classes(2weeks after the rest of the classes also get their changes, including extensive reworks on SB/Bsader/Spitfires/Mechs and such).

15. twoez

had a lucky day today using some of my free hell tix and was wondering if tactical shoulder or magic cata would be better w/ my new setup:

demons bane
    night shadow top
    submarine pants
    submarine belt
    native shoes
    super star acc set

16. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    Neither is very good standalone, buy a flaming veil over-shoulder for like 14mil instead

17. twoez

thats what i was going to do eventually just wondering which i should wear until then

18. Smash is affected by basic training and does significant amount of your total damage so magic cata is in actuality quite good.

19. VituNavi Twitch.tv/aulowry

Can you elaborate on this?

Does the boost from Cataclysm modify smash for the rest of your skills, or the skill Smash (when used off of a skill)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017 at 12:19 AM
  20. Cata boosts basic training (increases x string damage as well as smash damage) by 150%

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)