Vanguard General Discussion

Discussion in 'Vanguard' started by Poison, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    Sounds good to me, I just got a Superstar necklace so I'll be keeping that. I think I'll be liking Vanguard a lot more than my other characters from now on, this Halberd turned him into an absolute powerhouse.

2. Gruel we made it

IGN:
    Gruel
    Guild:
    NEET
    Server:
    Cain
    You don't gun for an epic set, the epic sets come to you.

3. sethnes

Hi guys I am new to vanguard and I just max leveled one. May I ask what weapon should I get now (and how to get it haha) as I only using dragon growing weapon. For the amor I plan to get the halidom set, after that I will go for gracia, is it ok if I continue like this? btw I already use the epic road box for bamboo lance for my skirm

4. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    If you're just starting out, that's perfectly fine, start with Halidom, move onto Gracia, then eventually Epics. Gracia farming takes a while, be warned. Vanguards tend to skip over Chronicle gear because their sets are fairly lackluster, but since OV was made easier to clear, that's definitely an option if that's something you want to do. It's mostly up to you how you want to get there, but typically Halidom > Gracia > Epics is how you wanna climb.

5. sethnes

Yea I know gracia farming takes a lot time especially since I only do normal Noire Ferra now. But I still not sure what weapon should I use and where to get them, I bought one lightning halberd though because it is useful for buff swapping even if I get better gear later. Demon' Bane , Black dragon these epic can only get from hell party?

6. Aeschine

Epic halberds can only be found in:

1. Hell mode
    2. Epic Road Requiem (ending on 1/17)
    3. Tower of Despair floor 100 pot

If you're going for more of a consistently farmable weapon, farm for the legendary Requiem Halberd while doing your Noire Ferra stuff. When it's upgraded to Liberation Halberd and reinforced, it'll be just below Demon's Bane (I think). Otherwise, you'll be going around with a Lightning Halberd until you get a Epic halberd in hell mode. You can purchase Requiem Halberd by farming normal Noire Ferra for 70 days or EX Noire Ferra for 50 days.

7. TeriJazz

Hey im just curious but would I be able to use Immmolation Halberd? Is that viable I just got it as a drop yesterday

8. sethnes

Thanks Kamoe and Aeschine for the advices :dkface:
    But I got one question though, I thought running normal Noire Ferra will not get the appeasing stone? but only the low grade one
    TeriJazz IMO Immolation is not that good because of the passive and buff it provides. But it is above any unique weapon I guess. Lightning halberd is a must if you want the +2 demonic unleash buff swap

9. Aeschine

I believe you can purchase the "Appeasing Weapon chest" from Isis, which contains a Requiem weapon of your choice for 140 Low Grade Appeasing Stone, unless that was changed. Note that the Requiem -> Liberation upgrade does require 15 Appeasing stones for every attempt, so it would also be in your best interest to farm for those down the line once you feel like you're geared enough for EX difficulty.

10. sethnes

Hi Aeschine i just checked Isis and the low grade stone can buy that chest. Thanks for the info :downs2:

11. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    I actually quite liked the Immolation, the attack speed helped a lot and it's quite easy to manage the HP threshold with slow heal HP pots like Canna Bread and stuff, plus the extra damage on Devastate and range on Doom Glaive is really good for clearing dungeons quickly. That and it's very cheap for a Legendary, generally around 8-9 mil. I used a +11 Immolation for most of my Vanguard's life before I got the Heaven's Halberd.

12. sethnes

Hi Kamoe I bought an Immolation and it is splendid :D , at least it is an good legendary that can be bought by poor me :disappoint: the hp debuff actually quite neglectable
    Sorry to TeriJazz if you misguided by me :cry:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2017
  13. elol111

IGN:
    ElOL, 4Nature
    Guild:
    VagrantEX

Capture.PNG
    VG op

14. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    I yearn to be that strong. I will be, eventually. I almost have my first Gracia piece...

15. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Get to running EX Noire. It is 100% doable with Vanguard and a full halidom set. Granted I coupled the set with the +10 Growing Leg I got for free, but this class has everything he needs to beat EX Noire in under four minutes with a bit of practice.

Anyway, if Great Glory set grants smash, is it not worth getting since Van has inherent smash anyway? Any other options?

16. Pyros

Having a skill named Smash doesn't mean you have smash damage. Smash is just referring to the old name for the mod back in Nexon version. And only the bracer grants smash, the 3pc set is just a bunch of stats and a stun chance aoe proc. But if you don't have an actual smash mod, then get one. Current olympus pets give some, but if you have petit warlord it has crit smash and +1 2nd which is pretty nice too so might not be worth.

17. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    Plus Vanguard's damage type on his 2nd Awakening passive isn't "Smash" damage, it's "Elenore" style damage where it adds a second line. Smash Damage just increases the damage of your main damage line and doesn't stack with other Smash damage mods. Elenore stacks with itself and Smash.

18. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    It wasn't the skill Smash, but Demonic Unleash I was referring to. Then I realize I made the damned habit of confusing smash with elenore (or did Unleash used to have that?). Any options for rings?
    I stand corrected. :rip:

19. Masturbator Kamen Rider

IGN:
    0Chase0
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    What? Demonic Unleash doesn't grant smash or elenore either. I have no idea what's confusing you. Innate skill damage modifiers are completely separate from any kind of modifiers you get from gear.

20. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, Demonic Unleash is critical damage I think.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)