Vanguard General Discussion

Discussion in 'Vanguard' started by Poison, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Thoughts on Black Plague - Death? My current setup is lib/gracia/gp. I don't actually have the halberd yet but I was thinking of getting it from the epic road box.

I think I have an armor setup that can replace 6pc gracia and synergize with shadow damage, but I'm not sure if it's worth the trouble because I've never seen the halberd used.

2. PiColossus

Server:
    Cain
    Got a Soulbreaker on my Vanguard today. Is it decently viable for him, and if so, would it be better than, say, Liberation?

3. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    No, because of demonic lance mastery

4. PiColossus

Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, that's a pretty sizable bonus from the mastery alone, and the defense shred's a little trickier to stack since Vanguard is kind of slow. But is Soulbreaker even that great of a long lance for Skirmisher?

5. Ark From Pain, Awakening

Yes. It requires Cold Princess accessories to really shine though.

6. LuxAeterna

IGN:
    LuxAeterna
    Guild:
    Airbears
    Thoughts on value of 80 epic box on Vanguard? I'm under the impression that the fire lance is for all purposes, not that great.

My vanguard has a +12 75 epic, which I've been told is basically a +12 lib or slightly better. 80 Halberd probably not an upgrade, or a small one if that?

My vanguard is running something like 275 dungeon fire + fire dropper so 300+ effective fire. Should probably grab a Prominence instead, but rather slow about gearing alts.

7. Sanshou fite me irl!!! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

IGN:
    Lats / Versus
    Server:
    Cain
    just starting gearing my vanguard since it's a nice change of pace from monk. having a blast.

any hidden tricks when it comes to the class? for example when you cancel your x-string into duck/sway you travel a longer distance. stuff like that.

8. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    I think you should give the box to another character if you already have one, though I'd like to hear expert's opinions on said weapon.

9. I saw someone get bamboo lance from Epic road which I thought was not suppose to happen. So I wonder if its in the box as well. What is the epic wep tier list for vanguard anyway?

10. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    1. Savior halberd
    2. Heavens halberd/black dragon
    3. Demons bane/liberation/prominence (if fire setup)

11. Zorc James One Skill, one kill

IGN:
    Mazurn, Kyaho
    Guild:
    NewWorld (Mazurn)
    Server:
    Cain
    so, when I was running on my vanguard, I had managed to fall upon a Blackness Auto Shoulder. It had gotten me wondering, is there any epic/legendary weapons that I could use to take advantage of it?

12. zzRot

anyone have any vids of korean vanguards running luke or being op just in general? Im starting to lose motivation in mine and need some help.

13. madchickins Flesh

Heaven's halberd and assassin blade ring or black dragon and night shadow top?
    And how much of an increase will I see from a +0 reinforcement to a +12 if I only ever plan to play with a 2.5k or higher vit saint? My raid slave just got new toys.
    I'd math this out myself however I never worked with reinforcement and physical attack gain aura.

14. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    Heavens is better solo, black dragon is better if you are partied with another good pdps

Abr and night shadow are almost the same, abr averages out to 19%

15. VituNavi Twitch.tv/aulowry

Does Prominence keep the Crit Damage if you go above 90 Fire Resist? I know it's worded in a way that says no, but translations, etc.

16. Gruel we made it

IGN:
    Gruel
    Guild:
    NEET
    Server:
    Cain
    Is it true the 75 weapon is almost lib tier?

17. madchickins Flesh

Slightly better

18. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Pretty much, if not better. The lack of base stats are compensated for by the additional 3 levels to Demonic Lance Mastery. You also miss out on 7% crit but it's not a huge deal.

Even once you find a better weapon it's still your best swap halberd.

19. leemoksou

prominence's crit dmg and extra fire dmg is an OR handle
    can only have one or the other.

That means prominence is great for fire build with 90+ fire resist.
    but also very good for a non fire build with under 89 fire resist. since its a 20% crit smash mod.

example: if you have say full DG set + full refine set. then you can use prom for the crit smash, refine neck handles the normal smash.
    then you are set.

p.s. not to mention prom is alot easier to get and don't rely on RNG.

20. Kamoe YONAH! >:O

IGN:
    Egregori
    Guild:
    CrimsonDawn
    Server:
    Cain
    Got me a Heaven's Halberd, now Vanguard is my new main character. What epic accessory set should I be gunning for? A lot of them seem to revolve around Smash damage, which is made useless by the fact that the Halberd's 40% will take priority.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)