Vanguard General Discussion

Discussion in 'Vanguard' started by Poison, Jan 15, 2016.

1. Poison Guest

Discuss about the Vanguard class here.

2. RocForum Bird of Prey

It's incredibly fun. Anyone looking for a mix between P.exo and WM will probably like it.

3. Haru

I really like this class design.

• Cit. Needed Cit. Needed x 1
    • List
  4. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    I am in love with this class. I enjoy it alot.

The thing that makes this class so great is their Smash skill. It's kinda like Avenger's Devil Strike, it's a follow-up hit that can be applied to your XXX string (Using Smash during the 1st, 2nd or 3rd hit of your string produces different Smash animations), Dash Attack and many of your offensive skills, and the great thing about it is Smash works like a basic attack, so you can cancel Smash into another skill, then cancel that skill into another Smash, allowing for some powerful combinations. They hit very hard, and they have a pretty good amount of combo potential that I've yet to fully realize, I'm finding new things out with this class as I progress with them.

Only weaknesses I see with this class is they kinda lack in Super Armor early on, they got this Charge Crash style move that is fully SA'ed, but not much else until you start getting cube skills. Also their hit recovery is kinda low, so may want to invest in Hit Recovery emblems.

I'll put up some gameplay video's sometime soon.

5. Mr. Sly Guest

how's their MP usage?

6. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    It's reasonable. I just got my cube skills, so those have been cutting into my MP pool quite a bit when I'm using Ghetto Draw Sword and Twister Thrust every other room. But if you just stick to clearing rooms with basic stuff and Smash attacks, you don't use alot of MP really. Your buff uses more MP than anything else you do really, and you use that maybe once or twice per run depending on how fast you are going. It's alot more noticeable when running Special Dungeons.

7. TekuNesu ジェネラル

Guild:
    Savior/Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Not YouDied General Thread Title :notlikethis:

8. Memes Are Banned but when

I believe this class has a lot of tools to build a strong MACHANGA Portfolio

9. GoofyStyle

It has its issues, might be fixed with avas, but its kind of dumb when a lvl 20 skill (Head On Charge) consumes most of your mana pool. Im lvl 46 and the only skills that consume more than head on charge are the buff skill, 45 skill, awakening and both exes.

Even tho his skills lacks SA, the Demonic Lance Control passive will help you not get hitstunned as long as you have it on and while doing any attack animations. Machanga has brought a new kind of SA more or less, and if you worried about counter damage, just keep impact smash buff on going [​IMG] .

Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
  10. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    I noticed something was up when I was clearly not Super Armored but not getting interrupted during some skills. So that's what that passive does.

I wish there was more I could read into on the specifics of everything.

11. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    This week's patched changed the Demon Lancers backstep so it has a slight cooldown, and seems to slide back further. You now have a Smash Stock Gauge for canceling skills into Smash, I currently have 2 Stocks, not sure if it can go higher. Feels like MP useage has been eased up on this class a bit more.

BTW You Died is like my favorite first awakening active. It's very quick and hits very hard.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  12. GoofyStyle

Not only that, they incrased on most of the skills their Y axis hitbox, one of them got Z axis. Brandish got a 2nd hit move, impact smash can be controlled to where you can land the blow and pressing forward will make it look like a crescent slash. New hit effect looks like like an enhanced fire elemental hit. Overall class got even better now.

Not that the backstep has slight cooldown, they just made it the same distance as other characters, since it was really short.

13. Chardo Fight for truth and tacos al pastor

anyone got vids on the changes? more smash stacks also means longer combos right?

14. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain

Yeah, this class is looking amazing.

15. Doxhockity

Guild:
    Salty/Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    At first I wasnt feeling this class. But after learning the smash cancels and getting used to the skills, I like them more now. He does have that pexo feel. I'll get him to my event lvl at least.

16. Copain

So do we know what his Awakening active gives on level up or..?

17. GoofyStyle

Lvl 3 grants you +5% hit rate buff for 30 secs
    Lvl 6 grants invis while doing the awakening
    Lvl 9 grants a buff for 30 secs to reduce all skills cd by 10%

18. Copain

Thanks, friend. Are these posted anywhere else? I'm curious about Duelist as well, but I don't want to sit here asking a bunch of stuff already posted

19. Kaltz ♥Blue Exorcist;Ao No Exorcist♥

IGN:
    Tokugawa/Grott
    Steam:
    DJ Daru
    Guild:
    VagrantEx
    Server:
    Cain
    The combo savvy feel of this class is so interesting. Its sorta like "oh your a P.exo BUT WAIT your also a Sword Master AND THERES MORE!!! A hint of rogue just for you guys ;)" im interested in the infinite combos that can be pulled out from this class definitely looking forward to this class

20. GoofyStyle

Yea go to their section its posted over there.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)