Vagabond General thread

Discussion in 'Vagabond' started by Enoch the Fierce, May 11, 2015.

1. yuyukirby

I've been switching between each weapon every few rooms, should I just stick to my favorite?

• Derailing Derailing x 1
    • List
  2. DragonMage

IGN:
    AriaFox
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm not sure if you mean the actual weapon or the Qigong buff. For Qigong buff, Light Saber is the way to go in terms of damage. It has really good X-string damage due to the shock, so really great filler stuff. The rest of Qigong is really situational for the most part (e.g. perma stunning a boss with Bludgeon x-string to death). For actual weapon, Zanbato is the most desired weapon type due to it being so strong in Physical Attack. Bludgeon is second strongest, but it's really slow to use. Lightsaber is really weak in physical attack, but you get 20% Cool-down from it due to Lightsaber mastery and the weapon itself (also really fast to use in terms of skill rotations). Short Sword is the weakest (magic weapon basically) and kinda slow to use. Katana is kinda in the same tier as SS, but better in terms of speed and Physical attack (some epics are an exception to the rule here, but I'm excluding them for this answer specifically). In the end, unless it's harder content (Anton Normal and Raid), play what you're comfortable with.

3. Chenson

Hi I'm relatively new to vagabond, what are the swap gears or other things that you guys have to achieve max quint str?

4. swordbae

IGN:
    swordbae
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    +2/3 title
    +1 avatar top
    +1 pet
    +2 plats (+3 if you have unique motion aura)
    +1 Legendary olympus bead
    +1 sea god's pants/bleak wind suede greaves
    +1 high tech slayer ring
    +1 King's Secret Book - Dualist
    +1 ancient ruins lightsabre

Also, you get 10% extra crit damage (additive) from 6pc Ascension chrons, and 15% extra crit damage (multiplicative) from ancient ruins lightsabre after the vagabond revamps

5. DragonMage

IGN:
    AriaFox
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    15% multiplicative crit damage? That doesn't seem right. In the infinite Difficulty patch, Jay translated it as:
    This means that you get 2% crit damage per stack of Quint Str. It goes up to 10%, and says it's additive as well. Unless somehow they changed it again recently, I wouldn't know about it.

6. Greivero

Hello, so i have some doubts i have a Yin sword Dropped from Epic Road and a Mysteltainm dropped today from Hells, i wonder what would be better to use?

7. Randomaq

IGN:
    Phils
    Guild:
    ~Celestial~
    Server:
    Cain
    I believe Mysteltain is better if you just soloing stuff and Yin would be better if you party with a yang user. I never had a mysteltainm, nor I have I used a yin... but that is my assumption.

8. Frundas

Yins not that great since it has low phys att. Maybe its okay if its with a yang but myst. would be better in most situations

9. Luckycharm

So, this is new for me since i started to play DFO again. I am 90, got gracia's set ray decrease shoulder + light auto top. I got this morning the cursed blade: Muramasa but i don't know where i should go for the next steps. Also, does Sacred sword: Excalibur is better than Muramasa? Cus alot of people are debating about it and it seems to be depending on your gear and sets.

Attached Files:

10. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    For your setup, byeoll is way better since you don't have smash. Excalibur is the best weapon apart from savior zanbato, the patk on non-zan weapons is too low to be worth using.

11. Cyrus99

Guild:
    Dream
    Actually I've been hearing that Excalibur is better than 85 savior and only gets topped by and upgraded level 90 savior. Basically all of the level 90 slayer weapons are amazing except the lightsabre, that one seems situational.

12. RaySiilu

i got mura, pendulum and excalibur all for my vaga. Excalibur is super strong, only against tog and such is mura better. Pendulum is meh but looks cool

13. I got the 90 lightsaber. How much water do I need for it to beat balmug.

14. DragonMage

IGN:
    AriaFox
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    The issue with the 90 LS for it to be viable, you're going to need Cold Princess set for it. That's really the only way.

15. Pyros

You could just do the math yourself, it's not really that crazy.

Balmung is 60% smash. Birnicle is 15% water elenore but you can also probably get say, 10%smash at least from another source. So you need about 50%dmg from Birnicle(less cause smash is multiplicative but simplifying). Birnicle also has higher patk and str, so let's simplify more and say 45%. That means you need 3times as much as the base elenore. 22ele is +10% dmg, so 300% is 440water ele. Aka it's not happening.

If you get a large smash modifier though, say 18%, it becomes closer to a real number, but you'd still need CP AND some water on your armor(all ele epic set for example). I simplified a bunch of numbers, the water reduction aura is multiplicative with your other water dmg instead of additive so it's slightly better and if you have some more sources it might be semi ok, but overall it's just not a very good weapon without the perfect setup, compared to other 90 or top tier 85s. On the other hand, you don't have to manual shit, so that's something.

16. chaosglory

My Vaga now has full Nature Guardian and Wesley's Strategy but I'm kind of unsure which one Vaga performs better with currently and in the future. I have gear I can use to compliment either set as well but I just wanted to hear some opinions on which set I should focus on.

17. dcdfvr Is a Bot

use NG it's superior. also how the heck are you all finishing ng and tact when i'm still 4/5 on them aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

18. Randomaq

IGN:
    Phils
    Guild:
    ~Celestial~
    Server:
    Cain
    It's ok man, I'm still 3/5 on both of thoses sets...

19. Anybody ever think of how odd Vagabond's design is? All of her skills (except for some low level ones) are designed to be big AoE nukes with high cooldowns that accomplish the same thing, but with different sized AoE's and damage values. You can look at other classes and see skills that serve different purposes but using her skills is just a matter of "what skill will hit every enemy in this room while doing enough damage?" or just using them all against a boss because you can't really go wrong as long as you use the big nukes first. She lacks skills meant for DPS (her low level ones aren't good enough) or ones designed for single target damage.

20. Randomaq

IGN:
    Phils
    Guild:
    ~Celestial~
    Server:
    Cain
    I never though about how odd it was... The only problems I had with my character was the long cool downs and how the f ranger in my raid party out damaged me with similar gear or he kills the boss while I'm still awakening... You are right, I can't think of any skill that would be used for single target, I like to use fluttering blade if I have to kill one mob though since the range is deceiving for me if i try to use it as an aoe or I would just basic attack since it does so much.

Do you have a examples of other classes having skills that serve different purposes?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)