Vagabond General thread

Discussion in 'Vagabond' started by Enoch the Fierce, May 11, 2015.

1. Lifting Strive to be the best

IGN:
    Lifting
    Guild:
    DarkMatter
    Server:
    Cain
    I dont even know what that is lol

2. swordbae

IGN:
    swordbae
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Max every skill above lv 40 apart from cross sword, rest is preference

3. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Yang Ull's Twig is a pretty good weapon these days. It's obviously not the best for Vagabond, but it's very good overall. Probably one of the best epic weapons you could get besides Vagabond's BiS weapons.
    Plus, the speed it gives you is orgasmic.

You're good to switch to your FStriker for sure.

That's because Vagabond's a pretty preferential class overall. Besides Explosive Sword, Blazing Palms, Comet Rush, and our 2nd Awakening skills, you're pretty free to pick what you want. Explosive Palm is advised but it's not necessary. It's AoE is pretty meh compared to the rest of our kit, but it's still good. Many people say to keep Cross Sword at level 1, and I don't really agree with that. It's certainly one of, if not, our slowest skill, but its damage isn't any worse than Explosive Palm, and considering you can't do anything but Cross Sword itself during its hold, I like to max it so I can deal good damage while holding, which is useful in areas like True Noire room 3.
    You're completely free to pick whichever filler skills you like from Gyre/Blade Triangle, Inhalation, Ignite, Oppressive Pressure, and Cutting Palms. Gyre/Blade Triangle is a very solid choice especially considering the 2 for 1 you get, you can't go wrong with them. Inhalation deals QUITE a lot of damage for a filler skill, but eh, I keep it at 1 for the grab and pull it provides and use the SP for other things. Personally I think Ignite is kind of clunky especially with the strange change they did with our 2nd Awakening rework that changed how Ignite targeted things. Oppressive Pressure is just kind of... there, honestly. It's not bad, it's not amazing, and it doesn't really do much for us outside of its pretty good X axis AoE and damage. Cutting Palms is also very solid, can't go wrong there.
    Also, despite what others may say, Qigong - Yang is alright. Provided you use Lightsabre for the Shock. Neople intends for Vagabond to use her X string liberally, and pretty much every Vagabond skill can be cancelled into from X. The Shock damage is very respectable on targets that can be shocked and overall Vagabond's X string is extremely good compared to other classes' X strings. Qigong - Yang won't out damage true filler skills, though. I recommend maxing it.

Some tips for you:
    -There's almost no end lag after using Blazing Palms, meaning when you're sliding back after the last explosion you can use a variety of your moves really effectively. You can eliminate an enemy pretty nicely from pretty far away if you engage them with Blazing Palms and then follow up from it. Blazing Palms -> Comet Rush is VERY fast and VERY strong burst.
    -There's a neat little trick you can do with Lotus Flash. After Lotus Flash does the sword sheathing animation the mobs that you hit with Lotus Flash are superheld/immobilized for a brief moment. When the enemies are released from this they usually get launched if they can be launched. You can use Inhalation when the mobs are being launched, and effectively start a combo off of Lotus Flash. I like tossing already dead mobs away for shits and giggles.
    -Using Explosive Palm from far away and then Comet Rush usually results in both of the moves hitting at nearly the same time on an enemy. It makes for some pretty high instantaneous damage.

Here's my personal build for reference:
    ScreenShot2016_1223_030549254.jpg
    ScreenShot2016_1223_030559145.jpg
    ScreenShot2016_1223_030601664.jpg
    ScreenShot2016_1223_030605407.jpg

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Masturbator Kamen Rider

Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Just what I needed, thanks. If anyone else has additional input, I'd love to take it into consideration as well.

5. XxKen34xX Mashima Taichi

Guild:
    SRK
    so curtain of death belt just dropped for me, in a vacuum which belt is better? my weapon is yang ull twig if that makes a difference

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 25, 2016
  6. DragonMage

IGN:
    AriaFox
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    ScreenShot2016_1226_013312890.jpg ScreenShot2016_1226_013317504.jpg ScreenShot2016_1226_013328859.jpg ScreenShot2016_1226_013331557.jpg
    I agree with what Hova says. When I know there's a big fight coming up, I usually do 1st awakening right away (playing out full long-ass animation) into Blazing palms and Comet Rush. This is usually the "startup" for your skill rotations. 1st Awakening buff lasts for about 30 seconds (slightly longer if you stack it), so I use those specific set of skills that I get from that buff first so I can get it off as many times before the 30 seconds are up. 9% skill damage is really good and gotta take full advantage to that.

7. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Since we deal large chunks of burst damage, you can usually 1-shot to 2-shot most mobs with 6 piece Gracia. Due to this nature you're only going to get that +15% for one skill most of the time, and that one skill would have probably already killed without the 15%. This lowers the value of that 15% than it would on other classes.
    However, the Low Assaulter Belt also gives +10% crit as well, which is very good for Vagabond since she needs to maximize the crit she gets from equipment since she doesn't get a lot of crit from her skill tree.

Personally, I'd say use the Curtain of Death belt as long as you're not in dire need of the +10% crit because of the consistent damage increase. If your crit is low, then stick with the Low Assaulter Belt.
    Make sure to test out the damage difference in the training room though. So you know what you're working with in terms of the damage difference.

Overall, what you should do is farm for a Great Glory Bracelet and then use Curtain of Death.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  8. XxKen34xX Mashima Taichi

Guild:
    SRK
    thank you, exact kind of info i was looking for. will do.

9. LilNue

Picked up a SQoP from the event and got it +11, I'm loving this speed, it'll be hard to give it up when something better ever drops

[​IMG]

10. mchotdog33

What the best weapon to get from the lvl 80 epic weapon box and how does it compare to the lvl 85s?

11. Cyrus99

Guild:
    Dream
    Shrieking Queen of Pain is probably the overall best weapon you can get from the box. Flare Devil would be fine too if you're willing to fund all of the fire equipment necessary to do a fire build. I'd personally go SQoP

Compared to the level 85 weapons though, Byello and Balmung are both going to be significantly stronger. Yang paired with Yin will also be significantly stronger. Yang Ull's Twig is quite a bit stronger as well, but not quite at the tier of the others mentioned.

12. ryanroger

How Vagabond is when compare with Majesty/Sword Master ?

13. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    Sadly until future patches they are without investment not as favorable as any of the other f slayer classes. With great investment they can easily burst anything but there lies a problem in with if you run out of skills to use you're kinda boned unless you can cd reset. This is not saying vagabonds are bad in fact I find them underrated because their burst potential is nothing to laugh at but when it comes to that pre heavy investment state they are on the lackluster side. 90 cap buffs/equipment do remedy this quite a bit though.

14. ryanroger

Why do ppl hate Vagabond in raid ?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  15. Randomaq

IGN:
    Phils
    Guild:
    ~Celestial~
    Server:
    Cain
    Are Vagabonds hated? When I'm in the raid channel I remember seeing a couple of Vagabond in different Raids other than mine. Only thing I think people hate about Vagabond is that soaring moves the enemy in the y axis and the sword wheel can move people in the x axis. That can be annoying for the others in your party.

16. DragonMage

IGN:
    AriaFox
    Guild:
    NewWorld
    Server:
    Cain
    Did you just say Soaring and Sword Wheel actually hits in party play? Even if you try to warp grab it, it'll still miss majority of the time. Here's an example how the two skills work in party play:
    Edge dodge.gif

In my opinion, the reason why people dislike Vagabond in Anton Raid is because their skill values aren't really that high (the really good skills are too long in cooldowns), and they only really have one real hold, Cross Sword (which is really short on top of that). Basically, Vagabonds are pure dealers that can't really deal unless you have really optimized gear. With that said, people think that Vagabonds are way weaker than what they actually are and think that their kit is crap. They're not a bad class, honestly. It's just that since they're the weakest F. Slayer subclass must totally mean it's bad!

17. Randomaq

IGN:
    Phils
    Guild:
    ~Celestial~
    Server:
    Cain
    Those moves actually connect for me, but then again I'm in a static raid where the connection on my team is usually perfect...Cept for that time when we fight Eugene and he decides to heal himself without eyeing... Only time I use soaring is to fight normal mobs, tog and nerbe though... or sometimes by accident. I have soaring as down up z, and my 2nd awakening as down up down z.

My party consistence of an f ranger, me, wm (or a random), saint for doing bg b/smoke if that helps...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  18. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Welllllllllllllllll Hell Mode blessed me with Light Sword Masamune.
    Would anyone know if Masamune is stronger than Yang Ull's Twig?

19. moooooo

I got Trinity Eternia and Lightning Sword: Gorun, any suggestions about these two?

20. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    Yang ull's is stronger, it has 160 more patk.

Gorun is better if you're using gracia.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)