Updated Elementalist Guide 10/2016

Discussion in 'Elementalist' started by Isa, Oct 20, 2016.

1. Isa Sheep

Please click right here for the guide.

Please feel free to look, comment, etc.
    Thank you to @MysticShadow @august99us and @Holypie for helping me proofread this and giving me some useful tips for writing it!

• Like Like x 3
    • Bad Spelling Bad Spelling x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  2. Misukun ◤◡ᴥ◡◥

Nice guide - I didn't know that recasting TR again after swapping to dealing gear didn't overwrite EB level.

Once EB becomes a perma-buff do you know if we still have to keep all runes lit after swapping to retain its level?

3. Blackjack toot toot

Guild:
    Communism
    Yes you do, the runes dont become permanent duration after the perma-buff update, they still can expire

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Holypie

They do increase rune duration a couple of times, and the tp becomes rune duration if you're really desperate.

5. Isa Sheep

Thanks ^^. I appreciate the kind words. And although I also mentioned it in the guide, thanks to all of you guys here for being a source of information/inspiration to write this.

6. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    this doesn't really matter because the difference is negligible but if you can hit lvl 30 elemental burn without the mana scream staff, a trans 7 staff is better in current dfog. However after the elemental burn revamp patch, mana scream is the best.
    this is not true. mana burn does NOT outperform gothic by a fair bit. gothic is still strong and is comparable to mana burn even after the nerf.

i also feel its better to use buster and then LS mobs into the main hit over using LS then buster but i guess its different people have different play styles.

7. Holypie

Is it even possible to hit level 30 burn without split screams? You can get +1 armor +3 posts +3 title +1 pet right? Or does kdnf have some cool stuff that we don't?

8. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    3 title
    2 pvp top
    2 plats
    1 motion aura(dfog)
    1 pet
    can't think of anything else off the top of my head. I just remember seeing a chart lvl 28 burn plus trans 7 staff > mana scream but it was a negligible and im sure alot of it has to be with the fact that you would be wasting the +lvls of eb from mana scream cause it caps at 30. not that it matters much because trans 7 staff basically becomes garbage after the elemental burn changes

9. Isa Sheep

I'll fix these thanks.
    I prefer to use lightning first because there is a greater chance the mini-busters will apply focus. I feel like I'd be really late on the lightning if i did Buster first.
    Also yes, that bit about Scream is with the rework in mind.

Edit -- Boosted could you possibly tell me any cases in which Burning Mana would outperform Gothic after the rework (perhaps with something using snapshots?)? I'd like to be a little more specific when talking about it.
    Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  10. Holypie

Oh right I forgot about PvP top... But yeah i guess if you have extra burn levels you could use the +2 runes sub equip as a swap haha.

Also I don't think burning mana snapshots would be any stronger than DG snapshots since ele damage is also snapshotted.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    buster to LS is mainly used for clearing trash mobs so that possible extra -resist from focus really shouldnt matter too much. I usually buster LS void on trash mobs in that order. the buster hits perfectly when LS groups them together.
    for maps like the room before nerbe, I usually LS the 4 front ones in the center and then cancel into arctic.
    well, its not +1000 int and its a percentage of your current int and the procs themselves are %matck increases so higher your stats are better it will perform. i.e. having a sader with you.

i have nature/mana burn/gothic in dnf and depending on your party gothic is still good. most sell party comp would be ele sb duo = gothic is better, sader ele duo = mana burn but the difference really is negligible. in training room, the dmg is similiar with gothic being a little bit stronger.

the set shines when you swap mana burn into gothic/nature. I gain ~35% more dmg just by doing that. in training room, gothic alone is about 130m fvv and mana burn to gothic is about 180m+ and i don't even have a swap wpn like wiz staff. that increase is just from armor alone.

you want to see real dmg? this is real dmg.

she also soloed luke raid phase 1. you can see her game play using swaps here

the only ele dmg that is snapshotted on fvv is the initial explosion dmg and thats a very minor part of the fvv dmg. the reason why the swap is so strong is because the the base attack, matck is all snapshotted when the voidcano appears.

12. Isa Sheep

...that's amazing. That ele is insane.
    Also yeah I thought about swapping from Burning Mana into Gothic, but thought that would be difficult to do...I guess it's viable?!

I'm so excite for rework and 90 cap.

13. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    it's pretty difficult lol. you would have to be very fast at swapping to get the most out of it and you can see in the video that it takes a decent amount of time setting up to do.

14. Holypie

Oh whoops my bad, I could have sworn ele damage was snapshotted by fvv. It's still snapshotted by sesto though, so swapping into nature is probably better than swapping into gothic right, because you get the huge elemental elenore procs? Or would gothic be stronger for the ele damage?

15. boosted180sx Young blood

IGN:
    Kathryne, Rhexion
    Server:
    Cain
    technically nature should be better because of the higher elenore procs. but from my attempts, it was stronger with gothic. maybe im just not swapping fast enough lol

16. Isa Sheep

smh I already have to move stuff to the main guide from future content
    *grumble grumble*

17. Sykar

Cool guide, is it still viable early 2017 now?

18. Isa Sheep

In the process of updating it all the way through to Infinite Difficulty patch. I've just been busy/lazy. Expect it within the next month.

19. Sykar

It's cool, my Elementalist is 58 only anyway.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)