[Updated 1/4/2017] The Holy Path - General Crusader Guide (FS, Hybrid, and BS)

Discussion in 'Crusader' started by BuckToothBob, May 23, 2014.

1. Shinigami936 Gimme panties

IGN:
    Caineghis
    Server:
    Cain
    Battlesader, what should I dump the rest of this SP into? http://imgur.com/MUqrIfP

This is a contract build, SP there is from taking out of Blades of Purity because it was doing trash damage, although I haven't tried it with a reinforced cross.

2. BuckToothBob Let's Play: Kingdom Hearts

IGN:
    ZenTori
    Steam:
    ZenTori
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    I suggest hammer.

3. Blackjack toot toot

Guild:
    Communism
    sanctuary, ascension or light of divinity

4. BuckToothBob Let's Play: Kingdom Hearts

IGN:
    ZenTori
    Steam:
    ZenTori
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    Finally updated with legendaries and card enchants. If there's anything I'm missing (especially with aura items), feel free to tell me.

5. Hiyuu You PC?

IGN:
    Kuroiel
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    The Nilvas boss unique cross has a p cool effect with spamming the EX wall, is this thing worth it with +8 refine?

6. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Save your energies. Use it on a lib or something.

7. BuckToothBob Let's Play: Kingdom Hearts

IGN:
    ZenTori
    Steam:
    ZenTori
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    Welp, little late on the update since I was in vietnam for a month and wanted to play when I came back, but at least there wasn't anything super major to add.

8/18/2016 - Added insignias, noteworthy quest legendary pieces and set effects, and Natram magic stone beads

As always, if there is anything wrong or anything to add, feel free to tell me. Guess my request for this post will be to see if the skills are (still) good enough as far as descriptions and recommended levels go. If not, please tell me how to change it or what to add to make it better fit our current patch.

8. caveman1095

IGN:
    Xelnar
    Server:
    Cain
    Only thing I can think of at the moment is Revenge of Light is pretty much a must max skill after 2nd awakening because Jupiter has 100% chance to proc it. On the same note Supernova Rosary and chronicle pieces can be used to effectively buff swap and make it more powerful.

EDIT - This of course only applies to PvE Battlesaders.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2016
  9. BuckToothBob Let's Play: Kingdom Hearts

IGN:
    ZenTori
    Steam:
    ZenTori
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    Noted and added. Thanks

10. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    With slow heal's vit removed from the TP, is the buff rotation still the same just minus slow heal? Also, is divine flash getting passed level 1? Feels like we have such a free assortment of SP now.

11. Kiwi-poi

Yeah, just subtract Slow Heal. Divine Flash is entirely preferential, I personally don't find it useful enough even for its buff-extension effect because I put my TP to the buff upgrades, which means I don't worry about which ally's buff I should extend since I buff them all at once anyways.

Right now you can max all your essential Fsader skills (i.e. Strike, WB, BoD, RoL, Sign, Grace, Melody + Harmony, DI, FoL, Ascension) and still have about 3.3k SP. You can spare some for level 1 Divine Flash, but to get beyond 1 for an Fsader is not really worth it IMO. Other than that, you can invest your SPs in something like LoD / HWind for extra defense & heal, CCross / Hammer / Jupiter for extra offensive prowess, or maybe Spear + TP for utility.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. Valic I don't mind...

IGN:
    Valic
    Server:
    Cain
    This is the kind of freedom that will get me to finally enjoy this class. Thanks!

13. squarep4

Hey thank you so much for this guide, as a new player it's really helped me out a lot.

Will you be updating this for the battle sader rework? How good is battle sader after it?

14. caveman1095

IGN:
    Xelnar
    Server:
    Cain
    Battle sader is good already. They seem to remain so after the rework. The class seems to become more streamlined in it's play style and doesn't require buffing before each run. I usually help out on the battlesader side of things and BuckToothBob has always been good about updating the guide as new information appears.

15. BuckToothBob Let's Play: Kingdom Hearts

IGN:
    ZenTori
    Steam:
    ZenTori
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm just kinda busy with schoolwork (coupled with fading interest) so I can't really update soon after changes come out. Probably at this point you're gonna have to look at around normal holiday/break times to see any updates.

This doesn't mean that people can't just write up stuff for me to add though. This started as a community-made guide, after all. I'm just simply putting it all together.

16. jon mike kanashi

Guild:
    [commie]
    Server:
    Cain
    whats the reasoning behind the recommended dusky pieces? i always kinda figured if you got 2 acc, mstone, pants+belt or shoes you could save on enchants

17. I just got Toerua. Is it worth to use over rental (lol) for FS? -100 to all status might hurt

18. Kiwi-poi

I believe Toerua should be a Bsader instead of Fsader weapon... But frankly, I don't believe Toerua should be a sader weapon at all. Given that it constantly reduces your stats and your HP, for a chance to curse enemies, and also it dealing shadow damage which is contra to the inherent light damage skills in a sader's kit, it's just not a good sader weapon IMO.

19. Firefly

The curse only kicks in 5 seconds after equipping it. Just swap to it for DI and use it before the curse kicks in. I used toerua for fking ever as my DI cross (from 2300 spr to 3100 spr) until I got deep root 2 weeks ago and its even better after u buff ur party cuz losing HP gives u a shetload of int for battle skills (100mil holy sancturaries ez). As someone with both toerua and savior axe at ref8, I can confirm toerua legit beats unreleased savior axe and end up using it over savior in BG and other dungeons that's hard to build up stacks.

Ditch it as soon as u get labarum/deep root. For comparison, my amp 10 toerua with 45 spr enchant gives less stats with +4 DI compared to 0 deep root 0 enchant 0 nothing +5 DI.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  20. I just use a toy then buff. It works well

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)