trash class without ranger rod/+13?

Discussion in 'Ranger' started by Mr. Sly, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Mr. Sly Guest

That's what I keep hearing... Seems like no one takes them into OV3 either unless they have a ranger rod or a maxed out wep, or OV3 full sets(in which case, why do they need OV anymore?). What's the real story here? I'm sporting a +10 with 3 piece standard procedure and my dps seems fine...

2. Well there's sorta an expectation that rangers need to be godly to be useful. Which ungodly rangers will need to face on a regular basis since thats the standard every ranger is compared to.

3. Mr. Sly Guest

That seems so backwards.. People do OV so they can become godly, but to do OV, I need to begin godly(or farm hell until I get that rod). Bottom line, would anyone say rangers are bad/broken from this? Seems like every class is accepted into OV except them.... Maybe Summoners? I know utility always comes first with holds, the buffs from saints, and so on.. but that makes me think, does this class need something else (other than a wep) to be good? A utility or something that makes them not so compared? Just seems like they've been broken for so long(and not in a good way). We have a passive to headshot every 2 seconds now and even that seems like it's not enough with a normal +10 wep and basic set.

Bottom line... It's fund out the rear end or not at all for male rangers huh?

4. Dthugtherealist KingCutletz

IGN:
    DthugDaKing
    Guild:
    PhantomFores GM
    Server:
    Cain
    I think it's because people assume that you've been playing since March and should of already had great gear. That shouldn't be the case if anything you can either find a guild that will do OV with you or keep trying to get into Pubs at different hrs. you could also try to get a Lib or Grandis Wep or even do Slote to get Burning Meteors to get a Sandstorm Zero. I've partied with quite a few rangers in OV but tbh I've never looked at their gear so Idk what else to tell you.

5. SkyArt

IGN:
    FlameEmpress
    Guild:
    Effortless
    Server:
    Cain
    Just make your own party and people who don't care will join. I mean, OV isn't even that hard in the first place...

6. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    You could do every content in this game with a +11 rev.
    Those are just losers who have been poisoned by Anton Raid speedrun vids.

Most people don't expect Ranger Rod but at least have the courtesy to get a +12 Purp

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  7. Quickshot "Happiness is a warm gun"

People are shallow when it comes to Rangers and expectations. Honestly, you'll be fine with a +12 purple (as stated above), and then use that to work your way for a Req/Lib revolver since that's probably the second best weapon before a Silver Bullet/Rod. Other than that, h8ers gonna h8

8. Orbus

It's also an old stigma from the nexon days before rangers got a hundred buffs between then and the version number neople opened back up with, and back then sadly this was true.

9. Keikaku The Unrelenting Storm

IGN:
    Kakuseizero
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    A ranger's utility is that things die and fast skills, however DPS is rather low valued in our current meta of burst damage which is why people prefer to take things like Asuras and whatnot over a ranger. Technically, you don't "need" to be godly to perform decently at OV, just some degree of skill and a +11 gun at bare minimum, since that's when pierce damage+dbr starts to be noticeable to a degree.

Anyways, rangers in general are a rather stigmatized class and even with the buffs, the upcoming balance patch in Jan might actually be the lowest point of m-rangers ever since cubes will be getting a 10-20% reduction in damage while your 2nd awaken passives are going to get sliced in half which pretty much means those "buffs" we recently got are going to be yoinked in favor of "balance."

Just Ov with guildies or something if you're finding a hard time with pubs or try to form a group with a schedule.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
  10. Mr. Sly Guest

Well ty guys for the advice, I actually feel more determined now <3(that's not just a reference). Also I did notice that the next patch "balances" them too >_> Wdf kinda balance thinks asuras need ANOTHER BUFF.... and rangers deserve a NERF?... I mean just wdf are neople smoking? They're finally in a decent point and they're going to bring them back down... Why does neople hate male rangers/spitfires ;~;

11. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    They balance around the dumbest logic.

Their reason for nerfing Male Ranger is because the top 1% of Desperados/Raven made the class look too OP.

12. MysticShadow Mystipedia

IGN:
    MysticNebula/Vecilia
    Guild:
    CuteMages
    Server:
    Cain
    Uh, what? Everything I read said Rangers got buffed. Unless you're talking about a different patch?

13. Quickshot "Happiness is a warm gun"

Nah, it's as Keikaku stated: We get nerfed, and then later on, we get buffed with new skills and numbers

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  14. Isa Sheep

I've seen this first hand, I feel you. Was recruiting for OV and this Summoner kicked 3 ravens from our party.
    "Less than 6k patk....zzzz"
    "No +12....zzzz"
    "Purples....zzzz"

15. Mr. Sly Guest

^

This is exactly what I'm talking about. People's standards for OV have been set so ridiculously high... Everyone wants to do things in 2 seconds like kdnf I guess. Then people complain about the content when they're purposefully skipping through it in 2 seconds lol...

16. Takashi Nen Gunner

IGN:
    Yaira
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Some things i can kinda understand. if your attack is so low that you can't kill the mobs in nebulous 1st room we're in for a long ride through OV.
    And by long ride i mean 1hr30mins-2hrs for just OV2.
    Also not many likes carrying pubs for free. especially if you can't carry it in the 1st place.

but for a Ranger now. this is by what I've seen as of this past month or so.
    The going standard is the lv80 rare has to be at least +11/12
    Uniques can be +10
    Requiem can be +10 too

17. BlackDawn Fuck JavaScript

IGN:
    BlackPaladin
    Steam:
    The Silent One
    Guild:
    VagrantEX, Auxilium
    Server:
    Cain
    Are rangers damage really that bad? Whenever I party with them on my characters other than my sader I don't even notice them. Just normal players to me.

18. Keikaku The Unrelenting Storm

IGN:
    Kakuseizero
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    Damage with a +10 rare is iffy, if not on the low side.
    Damage is fine for now with a +10 req or +10 unique, ranger wise.
    After January though, the damage expectancy for rangers will probably be higher since they'll be taking a big hit unless neople decides to compliment the mega nerf with the other buffs they get down the road.

19. Mr. Sly Guest

Using a +10 unique too... even when I used the +12 gothic tickets it wouldn't fly though.. Silly e.e

20. Keikaku The Unrelenting Storm

IGN:
    Kakuseizero
    Guild:
    YeOldeSauce
    Server:
    Cain
    Those tickets only work in gothic dungeons, they don't do jack all in regular dungeons, ancients, or OV :U

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)