Tips on witch skills?

Discussion in 'Witch' started by Nezumi, Apr 18, 2015.

1. jmdude Dead Classes of DFO

Guild:
    Ingenious/Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    If you're soloing and still leveling just don't bother with FC for now, idk what boss doesn't die to a furnace and icedrill

2. Nezumi

I'm mostly soloing. Not by choice, but because a significant portion of the current player base seems to have decided "Quick Party? Why would I use the efficient, actively-incentivized method for finding pick-up groups when I can shout outside the dungeon entrance, annoying people and making it harder for those who ARE using it to find anyone to play with?"

EDIT: Sorry, just really, really annoyed with the spam and ESPECIALLY the random party invites without so much as a whisper first, when the game has both a party finding feature and a quick party system.

Last edited: May 2, 2015
  3. Tradewind

The reason why I don't like acid rain is because its debuff is physical and you are mostly doing magical damage so it doesn't seem as useful as lavajuice. Just started out recently, I pretty much completely ignored the ice tree. Maxed jackyl, pluto and florae. For normal mob I use shururu to attract enemies and broom spin into them or manteau then giant fly swat. For boss, lavajuice plus furance and scrubbing until the boss is squeaky clean. So far it works pretty good.

4. rain is for the water debuff tho

5. Tradewind

Maybe I gave up too soon on megadrill, its early damage is really weak and I am short on point so I didn't pay it much mind. acid rain has good water debuff but since I have no spammable water skill I just kind of gave up on the whole tree and focused on the other 3.

6. plus rain stacks multiple times

7. Hazozat mantoe

Sleeper drill + acid rain debuffs in a Shururu circle does many damages. I think getting only one of lava or rain is weird, but that's just me. It's like having just jam or peanut butter... okay alone, better together. Like... Witch is all about throwing down your AoEs and a machine to hold people in them.

Pluto skills are pretty meh in pve imo. I got Collider, EMM, and Befriend Florae instead.

8. Tradewind

Pluto is great because I use deathdust and manteau a lot and pluto effect damage and blind rate for them respectively. If I were to level frosty I may actually cut florae because light based magic's failure are normally not very detrimental. I mean it's nice to get more out of EMM but you can probably get by without florae level.

9. bellasus —a hand held against the world.

manteau and death dust are pretty good early on but they fall off hardcore once you get your machine skills; once you get to 40/45 everything else basically becomes a setup to using one of your machines. and unfortunately the dark tree machine, gravitas, is notorious for being completely worthless garbage

10. Novaan Verdiano

IGN:
    Noeri
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, Gravitas is pretty bad overall, I only have one point for utility in it because hey, it's a free stun.
    I personally like Manteau + Flyswatter though, even later on. Damage is alright, low cd, iframe on Manteau and super hold etc. - and it's not like Witch lacks SP, I have everything I need (maxed Shururu+Jackyl, Florae, Furnace + Potion, AL, Elemental Burn etc.) and still can get a good amount of points into those two skills.

//Though I gotta say I'm not using Rain/Drill because it never seemed worth it to me. Might need to try it again?

11. Tradewind

I am currently level 51 and manteau is still working well, in fact I sometime wish it wouldn't finish enemies off because I want to fly swat them. But I see your point the machine skill in dark tree is very bad compare to furnace and megadrill.

But do you think it's worth it to level florae? Light skills mostly have no notable downside when skill fails.

12. bellasus —a hand held against the world.

ehhhh that much is up to you i think, personally i like the light skills so i level it. im not an expert tho so take that with a grain of salt

youre almost definitely gonna want to take fire but fire/ice and fire/light are both viable im pretty sure

13. Hazozat mantoe

I don't think this makes sense. Failing is still a downside. Successes do more damage and often inflict shock, which adds bonus damage. If you're failing you're not succeeding and therefore doing less damage.

Sleeper EMM does more damage, inflicts shock, and bounces A LOT more. Same is true for collider. A failure will only hit a few targets. It says one, but I think it'll actually hit like 4? The difference in attack between a normal collider and a sleeper for me is 2000. A sleeper will do way more damage, hit everyone, and inflict shock (again, more damage). Befriend Florae will also increase the speed at which you set up collider and its range.

I'm not saying Florae skills are necessarily better. Maxed swatter hurts. It would definitely out damage EMM if used on a tightly clustered group of enemies, say, after manteau, while EMM spreads its damage out and needs at least 2 targets to fulfill its potential. Just saying the difference between failure and sleeper on some skills is huge, and pretty much all the Florae skills are like that.

14. just going to put out there, fire is core

light if you want to be a bro w/ collider

dark sux late late 6x and I'm just like w o w I do no damage

get ele burn, jacky things as much damage as gravytoss

15. Narcodix

Always loved gravytoss but ya the damage is very lackluster. Had an idea for a new signature dark skill to replace it (although just more damage on it works or maybe adding like an elevated stasis to the lifting effect, and I use the term lifting lightly, could make it a cool utility skill) called:

Black Cauldron: The Witch mixes a blend of potions in her big black pot than spills it on the floor dealing damage. Additionally casting Lava Pot. 9 or Acid Rain on the leftover oil creates another effect (only one extra effect, the one that was casted first). Casting Lava Pot.9 causes small explosions over the duration, and Acid Rain creates a corrosive pool with a chance to poison the enemy. Just an idea though.

16. Tradewind

My dark machine idea would be pluto vacuum, pluto turns into a vacuum cleaner. First it sucks enemies close to you dealing continuous dark damage, as the dust bag fills witch turn the switch and black dust blast out of the vacuum dealing one finally massive dark damage. failure will have the vacuum jam and witch can't turn the switch and the vacuum just blows up after sucking enemies in. Sleeper leaves a cursed debuff on enemies much like devolution flyswatter does.

17. Narcodix

That's actually really cool! I like it more than my idea because mine seems like it would be to good to pass up over collider but with yours they do almost the same thing one trades utility for damage while vice versa for the other, so very good from a balance standpoint!

Maybe sage stone success increases the suctions range and adds an explosion to the dust bag for enemies you miss or using it on top of a big boss for x2 boom.

18. I have zero points into ice abilities and instead max Pluto and dust, swatter, and manteau in addition to emm, fc, shururu/Jacky, lava, and furnace. Every time I try getting max rain over these filler pluto skills my dps feels so much less.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)