Tips on witch skills?

Discussion in 'Witch' started by Nezumi, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Nezumi

You're one of the only people who didn't really sound hostile. Then again, I'm already stressed right now, so I may not be the best judge.

2. CuppaTea

You're right. My bad. I was too focused on my second awakened witch who has a skill that buffs lava a lot.

3. bellasus —a hand held against the world.

witches are pretty interesting in that theyre easy to play, but pretty hard to play well. it basically comes down to understanding all of your buffs/debuffs and then doing damage with your machines

use shururu + acid + lava all at once for hella debuffs, EMM and dust for filler (im pretty sure dust is a lot more viable than it used to be, right?) and machines as your primary source of damage. witches are cool and fun tho, good choice all around

4. Dubin carried by fmage

qft

5. jmdude Dead Classes of DFO

Guild:
    Ingenious/Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Witches are probably the easiest of the mage subclass to learn and play well, you're litterally just throwing out aoes that hit everything, if ur maxing shururu all u have to do is throw it out first before you use other moves, if you're maxing jacky a lot of the time you just use the explosion, if you wanna use ice car make sure it's success and rain is out or u get chip damage, it's nice to use furnace while lava pot is out but not as important as drill. Floare collider is a hold skill and once you know that it's obvious what to use it for. As for everything else you're using ur cubeless moves to kill enemies you don't want to use your cube CDs on.
    The only thing making this class difficult is the fact we can fail our skills and not get the real damage or effect.

6. Nezumi

I never managed to play long enough under Nexon or Alpha (Kept letting myself get distracted with other games) to know how it used to be, but Dusts are hugely powerful now. I recommend Frost Dust, just because Freeze is a more useful status effect -- Death Dust has higher damage boosts and success rate. Either way, with that out, and especially with an Int buff on top of it, it's entirely possible to take out whole swarms of weaker enemies without even touching an offensive skill, just bouncing and air-dashing around while swatting them from above. I sometimes actually have trouble remembering to use offensive skills because this tactic can be so effective.

7. Nezumi

Okay, new updates:

Broomstick Spin is fun and can be handy -- can take out or severely damage a surprising number of enemies -- but I wish it healed more on confuse. Also pretty hefty cost -- 40 SP per Level.

Up to Behemoth, and Disenchant is still hurt by the fact that basically nothing in PvE actually has removable buffs, and it just really isn't all that worthwhile without its buff removal (and consequent self-buff) effects.

Gravitas seems implausibly worthless. It doesn't launch worth anything (and that's not one of the factors that improves with level) and actually seems to do less damage and less effectively than Raging Flame Furnace -- all for a massive 50 SP a level.

8. jmdude Dead Classes of DFO

Guild:
    Ingenious/Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    According to meioh`s testing Drill can out damage Furnace slightly but those are ur top 2 damage dealers , not sure about colliders damage. Also gravitas does about as much damage as jackly from what i`ve heard of leon testing it.

9. Nezumi

But... Gravitas costs more than twice as much (plus a clear cube fragment) at level 1 than Jackyl+Shururu do at Level 9 and 11 respectively, and has less useful secondary effects than Jackyl's Magical Def Down and Taunt. I'm not only failing to see why you'd take it, I'm failing to see why it's even in the game if it's that bad an investment.

10. gravytoss is garbage, literally toss it aside as you can almost accomplish the same levels of damage on a shorter CD w/ jacky

ps all the old witches are salty catty witches

I remember dumping like $60-80 on resets and lethe contract / waters whatever to reset my build over and over again to test damage. let me tell you that got expensive real quick

rain is better damage, and sleeper rain and sleeper drill will do more damage than sleeper lava sleeper rain. lava's bonsu is that's it's xbox hueg and slows nicely, while rain has the pleasant / not pleasant knockdown on sleeper

p much if you get one you get them all

also broomspin did not used to be this good wtf it can oneshot rooms on hard
    also dusts got buffed, and frost dust hits harder, dark's poison is laughable

pps DE is still garbage

• Like Like x 1
    • Artistic Artistic x 1
    • List
  11. jmdude Dead Classes of DFO

Guild:
    Ingenious/Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    I never said take it, I used it while leveling cause jacky kills a room > gravitas kills a room and i just kept swapping, once I hit 55 I stopped using it. Also shururu is the one that gives mag def down and the taunt while jackyl is the one that does damage just fyi.

12. Nezumi

But they're the same active skill. Jackyl just adds forward movement and explosion to Shururu, along with removing the taunt restrictions Shururu normally has when hitting certain levels. You don't actually lose the effects Shururu normally has.

13. jmdude Dead Classes of DFO

Guild:
    Ingenious/Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Yes but im just letting you know what each one does when putting levels into, tbh I hardly Need shururu for his magic debuff, I only use it on bosses then detonate him after I use one of my cubes sometimes I just take points out of shururu and just keep jacklys when I play around with builds because the magic debuff doesn't affect jackyl for whatever reason

14. I dunno how important it is at around lv 30-40, but the Elemental Burn builds help a TON. I've always ran builds that required less buff management. The one thing that I think makes the F. Mage hard is that there's so many skills to fill up hotkeyes and input commands. Literally just today, I decided to see how well I could manage an EB build, and its Totally worth it. I believe EB used to require lv 5 frosty, lantern, pluto, and florae, but now it seems to need only lv 1 of each, which saves a nice chunk of SP. At lv 52 with a Koonail brush, I can walk into a room with EB and Library set up, throw out a Shururu, Lava, Acid Rain, and Awakening active, and that's bringing the bosses down to their last health bar if not outright killing them.

Oh, and definitely get Snow Dust! It's gotten buffed really nicely! Hitting the downwards swing in the air does a LOT of damage for a mere melee attack. Lasts a long time too.

For the Dark tree, I'd say leave swatter at 5 and Manteau at 1, and don't worry about gravitas at all. The 1st two still seem to be doing really nice damage for me.

15. Azawarau The Cat

Am i missing something then? I left spin at 5 because it felt like it was still underwhelming...

Going to play with it now

16. Dubin carried by fmage

Skills got buffed across the board. There's still pig races to leave untouched, and Broomspin is probably one of them, but like, now not because they're *shit* but because other options are that much better.

17. it's not amazing, but if you fire and EMM to start with, it makes spin that much better

18. Narcodix

Just my perspective but, Gravitas isn't all that bad in my opinion. It might not do as much damage as the other machines (Not sure if its worse then FC, but I don't really like that move all that much anyway) but its great for parties when others are constantly pushing everything out of your AoEs (which I swear is like a mini game or something...) as well as being extremely quick and anti-situational.

Id say give it a try while you level to see if you enjoy using it.

19. Dubin carried by fmage

Just think of it like a Suppression Amulet with a bonus tick on top, a pure utility move! ヽ( ゚∀゚)人(゚∀゚ )ノ
    yeah I'll probably be ticked once I start my witch up and Gravitas does about as much as a Shururu

20. Nezumi

Currently wondering if I should take points out of something so I can get Florae Collider, and if so, what to take them out of.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)