Tips on how to fight ___ in PvP?

Discussion in 'Blade Master' started by Lowen, Oct 19, 2015.

1. Lowen

IGN:
    Scabbard
    Guild:
    Dying_Breed
    Server:
    Cain
    Just want to discuss on how to properly fight these classes.
    [F.Slayer] -All of them
    [M.Gunner] -Ranger and Launcher
    [F.Gunner] -Ranger and Spitfire
    [M.Fighter] -Brawler and Nenmaster
    [F.Fighter] -Haven't fought many of these except for strikers and grapplers, will gladly take any advice.
    [F.Mage] -Elementalist and Summoner
    [Priest] -Exorcist and monks.
    [Thief] -All of them
    My Build: http://imgur.com/RBNd8cd
    Will appreciate any advice :mslayer:

2. Dstarboy

IGN:
    oDstarboyo
    Hey, now i'm not the greatest wm but i do pvp a fair bit, i'm at work atm but ill try and help you out a little.
    [F.Slayer] - I still don't know how to handle most of them.
    [M.Gunner]
    Ranger - Be wary of revenger(boy do i hate this skill with a passion) learn to read when they're using it and save wws/bloodlust (when we get it) to counter it. They have a lot of ways to keep you at bay that involve super armor so be careful of that as well.
    Launcher - Stay off their x axis and stay near them. There are usually two types of launchers ones who play a bit defensive and try to read your engages and the ones who run away and try to spam skills, for the latter stay on them but remember guard is your friend. For the other, remember that as a wm you have a lot of ways to close gaps.
    [F.Gunner] -Ranger and Spitfire
    F.Spit - Enjoy what it feels like to be bombed by an AC130. You can guard all grenades so you aren't popped up into the air except for the freezing nade, you can learn the looks of each grenade but you must be quick with your decision to guard or retreat, iirc they can only drop 2 nades at a time while in the air.
    FRanger- for the most part similar to male but their form of punisher is a bit better imo. Also keep in mind their wildshot sucks you in while male knocks you away.
    Both Fighters- Guard blocks seismic. A good fighter may not even attempt to use seismic on you unless they can get a good position on you because if otherwise its a free combo for you.
    [M.Fighter] - All m fighters become deadly once they're able to steal both torpedo and neck snap, torpedo for their ability to rush you down and NS to camp your quick rebound and render you immobile.
    Brawler- I cant help you here maybe some prayer will.
    Nenmaster - I personally dont use autoguard here because their nen spirals can proc it and fuck up your combos. Their nen press can knock down and keep their bubble in mind when you try to go in for an engage. Zanbato ashe fork can help engage here esp if theyre hiding in clones 24/7 just dont become too predictable with it.
    [F.Fighter]
    Grappler- I find both grapps to be extremely challenging to fight due to their buff that sucks your ass up from underfoot to powerstation. Again necksnap is a powerful skill keep that in mind as both graps can camp your quick rebound with numerous grabs and ns.
    Striker- Their name implies what they do best, strike tf outta you. They are fast but most of their engages can be countered with guard.
    [F.Mage]
    Elementalist - get your nikes on. As you know already all eles will zip across the map and play extremely defensive. Use your chasedowns to get an advantage but keep in mind phase shift before you start a huge combo or try to walk up isd etc. and ice wall. Bring out SS here as it will help you catch them even if not on axis, zanbato also helps with its SA ashe fork.
    Summoner- Rush or get fkd. Almost similar to ele but you have to play even more aggressive.
    [Priest]
    Exorcist - Most play a hybrid which is difficult to play against. GWL is extremely good and you should treat it as such. Look for an opening through their many forms of super armor and if you get the chance destroy their amulets to save you some headaches, not always possible but it helps when you can.
    Monk- Abuse ashe fork. Many try to open with sacred counter or sway chopping hammer learn what you can do when you see sacred counter, wws is your friend. I find SS to work extremely well against monks because most try to play a little off your x axis and enter with duck/sway at the perfect time. SS helps counter this a bit with its range.
    [Thief] - They both have alot of tools especially necros but always keep their molting shift in mind before you try to get an aerial combo going, esp against rogues.
    Necros- Bend over and lube up ever so gently.
    Rogues- They have a ton of tools at their disposal to engage and are extremely fast so keep that in mind when you think you have a good opener.

Hope this run down was decent, ill try to elaborate more when im free. Some general tips though, feel free to stick to one wep if you want, but learning others will help you in alot of situations. Try to stay below the opponent as you can abuse draw swords weirdish y axis hit box. You can abuse quick rebounds with isd and grabs. If you isd with something other than bludgeon try to chase their body with rds or drive slash if they havent hit aerial or standing damage caps. At the end of the day have fun, im still learning what you can do with this class which is why i love playing it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2015
  3. SillyCow Cat Pig Cow Man

IGN:
    Synchroneity
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    Biggest tips: learn to abuse Backstep, Guard, OTG combos (3rd X, Upward Slash, Triple Slash's second slash, Mountainous Wheel, Backstep-Ashe Fork, Neutral Wave, Flowing Stance - Rise and Swift, Backstep Cutter, etc.) and punishing Quick Rebounds with WWS cancels and ISD.

To add onto Dstarboy's post:

[F.Slayer] - In general, try to stay off their X-Axis, as they have a lot of ranged pokes, grabs and approaches. Biggest thing to look out for is their Spinning Blade (super armored counter attack where they flip over you). It has a ~45s CD in PvP. Be especially careful when using Charge Crash. Watch out for SM's Crescent range (HUGE Y-Axis), Vagabond's Soaring range (large Y-Axis), and Demon Slayer's... everything. Dark Templars have a fair amount of AoEs and holds, but don't really hit that hard. I tend to play aggressively against all F.Slayers after they burn Tossing Slash (SM), Soaring (Vagabond), and Spinning Blade.

[M.Gunner] - M.Rangers are somewhat predictable, but extremely quick, so reaction time is everything. First things to look out for are Windmill -> Air Raid / Triple Clutch, G-14 Buster, and Rising Shot catches (esp. with Hand Cannons). You should get in the habit of Guarding all of these when possible. Wild Shot can be tricky to Guard, especially if they're nearly on top of you (as it'll hit you from behind). Revenger is your worst enemy; never Charge Crash into a Ranger while they still have Revenger up. Guarding it is risky, as it can stun you, but sometimes the only option. Ashe Fork can be countered by both Gun Guard into Windmill, or a Wild Shot, so be careful with that. I tend to use a Zanbato or Short Sword against most Rangers. As for Launchers, yeah. Stay off their X-Axis, bait their G-14 Busters, and do your best to keep the pressure on by sticking onto them like glue. Being aggressive with Guard is how I usually fight them.

[F.Gunner] - F.Ranger, same thing as M.Ranger, but keep in mind that Gun Dance actually launches you when hit. A lot of F.Rangers take advantage of this by baiting a Guard from a Slayer, and then Gun Dancing to get a free combo via back-attacks. G-14 Buster is less of a worry, but their Spriggan (female Punisher) is indeed something to be feared. F.Spitfire, I don't actually know. I usually try to bait out grenades (if you have enough movement speed, you should be able to dodge them by change X and Y axes frequently), and catch them on their way down with a Neutral Wave -> OTG, or a Charge Crash, etc.

[M.Fighter] - M.Brawler, learn to backstep their throw attacks. Everything can be guarded, technically, but Net will still you immobilize you, and Brick will still stun you. Backstepping will ground you immediately, giving you a little bit of breathing room if they try to approach you from far away. Overall, try to pressure them by sticking near them (same Y-Axis, different X-Axis), baiting their Tornado Kicks and Explosive Hooks with Guards, and Ashe Fork / Charge Crash aggressively. I've tried SSA-cancelling with a Zanbato for standing combos, but that proved to be risky with how quickly they can dash away or grab you. Treat them like Launchers; never let them out of your sight. M.Nen... I always had trouble with. Nen Guard cancels and homing Spiral Nens are really annoying. Try to bait the Nen Guards if you can, and poke often with Neutral Wave from afar (too close, and you'll just get Nen Guarded and grabbed/stunned.

[F.Fighter] - Muse's Uppercut counters Upward Slash really well, so try not to approach too often with Upward Slashes. Their X Attack string and Hammer Kick are REALLY fast, but are really linear, so just keep that in mind. Seismic Punch and Tornado Kick are their main off-axis approaches. You can do one of three things: Guard and counter (Upward, Charge Crash, SSA combo, etc.), Ashe Fork off axis, or ISD on reaction. It's usually really easy to predict, as they'll likely be standing diagonal from you when approaching with it. For F.Grappler, be aggressive with your air game and Neutral Waves while their Unstoppable Grab is down. Once they buff, keep your eyes out for a sliding Spiral and random sliding Flings/etc. Leap is especially helpful here. Guard isn't going to help much outside of blocking Seismics, though, so try to use it wisely. Be extremely careful of using Quick Rebound, as they can punish you heavily for doing so; find the right timing to get out of it to counter or run. F.Brawlers and F.Nens are pretty standard, approach-wise.

[F.Mage] - In general, early-game aggression is your main priority. For Eles, it's really easy for them to start sitting behind Ice Walls and Frosty Heads while sniping with Lantern Firebombs, Fire Pillars, and Plutos. When you get too close, Eles tend to react immediately with Ice Wall or Sun Burst, so guard accordingly, and try to catch them with Charge Crash, etc. Always keep track of their casts/cooldowns, and plan accordingly. Never let them too far away from your sight, and keep the pressure on with Ashe Forks and Neutral Waves. Phase Shift can often be countered by Triple Slashing into them if they move left or right from you.

[Priest] - Watch out for GWL in general. For Avengers and Crusaders, it's an easy Guard -> Charge Crash. For Exorcists, however, if they GWL away from you, you'll get hit by the shockwave (which can hit behind you if you guard too close to them), and since they can charge it, their GWL becomes available "sooner". In general, you'll want to stay below them on the Y-Axis, as GWL has a really large Y-axis range when hitting from below you (much like Draw Sword). Never Ashe Fork from above, always below. If they insist on standing below you, you can counter with aggressive WWS cancels, usually with a Zanbato, Katana, or Short Sword. Make sure to spam Backstep when you see them approaching you with Spinning Cross, as it'll floor you instead of keeping you hitstunned. As for Monks... Guard, Ashe Fork, and Charge Crash aggressively. Playing too defensive can lead to really easy Smasher warps and cancels on their part. Backsteps don't help as much here, but using a Zanbato or Short Sword does. Bait out their Chopping Hammers and counter immediately. If you hesitate, they'll just combo you as soon as it finishes. Try to create distance and poke often with Neutrals. Ashe Fork is very easily countered by Chopping Hammer and Exquisite Combo, so be careful.

[Thief] - Ummm... Yeah... Thieves are dumb. ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ Backstep often against Rogues, as their approaches and standing combos are second to none. I always end up playing defensively against both Thief classes, and it works out sometimes. My win rate against them is... abysmal though... Hard to help you there, honestly.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Lowen

IGN:
    Scabbard
    Guild:
    Dying_Breed
    Server:
    Cain
    Greatly appreciate the advice from you two, any tips on my build?

5. Dstarboy

IGN:
    oDstarboyo
    Idk what wep you use but generally clash isnt great maxed in pvp, unless you use bludgeon a lot. Force i believe is pref, i personally dont max it anymore. Flip Side is great maxed because it lowers its cooldown by almost 10s. Also try to pick up leap and gore cross if you want, Leap can get you outta some sticky situations or wait some stuff out and gore cross is good for extending combos.

6. Lowen

IGN:
    Scabbard
    Guild:
    Dying_Breed
    Server:
    Cain
    I used to use max gore cross learning how to use all the weps, but now I don't.

7. kamira

I like fighting all f fighters except nens. Since their main approch is that seismic punch. Which i can just ashe fork over. Demon slayers just stay on y axis.

8. Ikuzo Jordan Reigns In Blood

I've watched tons of vids and played tons of WMs so I know how to play them, esp since I main a zerk, which does similar simplified combos with ACS/Gore Cross/upward slash, etc. My success rate will depend on how well I apply everything I've seen to my personal gameplay (proper distancing for draw sword. otg-continuation. guard baiting. wws from behind. raging dragon slash timing. ISD on quick rebound reaction. etc. etc.).

ANYWAYS, PvE seems pretty self-explanatory, but I need help with a PvP build so I'll post here instead of manifesting a new thread:
    Gore Cross - just 1 for utility?
    Triple slash - used more by WMs due to extra slashes. Should I max this since it can be used in so many combos with that 5th launching slash WMs get or just 1 for utility?
    Thrust - I see it canceled by some players. Is this a max, esp if coupled with Clash?
    Moonlight Slash - waste of juggle time or worth using with a good laucnh?

I'm nearly certain every WM skill is a must-max.

I know many use Katana/SS due to some of their properties but I'll prob fuck with LS/Zan more.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  9. kamira

im p noob but i maxed gore cross, drive slash, no moonlight for me, and max thrust if you use bludgeon imo. rds i left at lvl 1 for utility.

10. Ikuzo Jordan Reigns In Blood

RDS lv1 makes sense.
    Guessing max thrust only blud since stun proc, correct? but otherwise meh dmg and just a poke in between shit.

I figured moonlight was out of place and basically unnecessary/just to show off (seen a few zerks use this...like...lol?) unless you're a benderp.

thanks.

11. kamira

Like other than poking i dont see many people using theust for damage. I guess some zan lightsaber guys do it. But i personally dont. Zan thrust clash thrust kinda works. I usually use neutral over thrust as a poke. Since less delay. Only other class i see use moonlight. Are suras.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)