Time and Space Rift Guide

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jay, May 10, 2017.

1. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    i looked at stream doing new hell in party for straight one hour, and entire party didnt get more than 2-3 epics after full fp run and none of them were good lol.

its all about luck and i rather have higher chance in return than running hell mode that cost 2 DI more, more fp + no epic soul/gabe/hell orb

2. Schala

IGN:
    KenZeal
    Guild:
    GodsofWar
    Server:
    Cain
    They showed their individual inventory at the end? Because I don't think you would see what the others drop. In Pandemonium Rift, I sure don't see what people who run with me get.

Also I've had days of doing 35 hell runs and getting a whole lot of 0 epic, and 0 soul. That doesn't mean the rate is very low, just bad luck. Also had days of 6 epics and 3 souls and 2 orbs.

3. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    "Bad lucks"
    Lol
    Like I said, it's RNG at the end so I ain't gonna throw chances at hell mode that doesn't give all other things normal hell mode would give away
    And just go and look up on YouTube, generally I see people saying there isn't much difference and doesn't see benefit on running it (both by uploader/comments)

4. Raze

IGN:
    Vyncentz
    Guild:
    Valor
    Server:
    Cain
    Only reason Pand rift was worth doing was because it had its own entry materials. Sharing an entry mat with one of the most inflated materials in the game wasn't an idea that was clearly thought through.

5. Ark Administrator

Considering kDnF has a completely different economy than DFO, I wouldn't really judge them too hard on that. DC prices are nowhere near as high as they are in DFO currently.

6. Schala

IGN:
    KenZeal
    Guild:
    GodsofWar
    Server:
    Cain
    "And just go and look up on YouTube, generally I see people saying there isn't much difference and doesn't see benefit on running it (both by uploader/comments)"

You need thousands of runs to normalize a rate. So they wouldn't know, and are using superstition the same way a guildmate of mine who claims hell or the game hates them personally.

7. Kamov

1.5k DI, got 5 epics. Going to spend another 700 DIs today. It is a nice break from regular hells and, from what I seen, its a good place to farm lvl 85 epics since the epic pool from Hell Mode Time and Space in CotD is only for 85 epics. Diferent from regular hell modes maps from CotD which gives 80-85 epics.

8. Ark Administrator

CoTD only gives 85 epics in general. Was changed quite some time ago, back when 90 cap came out.

9. Kamov

Oh I didn`t know that. didnt stick around too much when level 90 cap hit. Got back a few weeks ago. Anyway, so there isnt much point on running this hells tho. Only if you are tired of regular hells. I`ve spoken to a few streamers that I know and they said that this new update was not so great but it wasn`t that bad eighter ("so - so" as they said.) But all of them got atleast 3 epic sets completed so there isn't much a point on running hell for them :P

10. Pyros

Because it's RNG, you need very large sample size to draw any conclusions. It doesn't matter that there's "more things" in normal hells, what matters is the % chance to get these things. It is pointless to draw conclusions without enough data, and especially pointless to discard discussion because it's RNG, because by that token you could say the exact opposite too, that running old hells is pointless because it's RNG and new hells are obviously better because one or two people on youtube got better drops one day.

If you've ran a fair amount of hells you know that being RNG mean you cannot rely on a small sample size at all to judge hell droprates. I've had several days in a row with less than 30% returns running 600FP of hells at 4FP each(so about 150runs), and several days in a row with 70+% returns running the same amount. Sometimes it's average, sometimes it's way better, sometimes it's way lower and the only way to get an accurate pictures of the rates is to run several thousands of runs to even out the RNG. Even with 6000+runs at 90cap my numbers are noticeably different than some other people who have also ran 5k+ or even 10k+, even 6000runs isn't an accurate enough number to draw conclusions on the rates accurately. And you say that you've watched a few ppl on youtube run a FP bar and that tells you it's not worth it? Cmon now.

I don't need souls or orbs or even gabes when I'm still gearing up my main, I need 90 drops. The new hell mode transfers some of the droprate from the "useless" items into "possibly useful" items. What matters is how much exactly, and is it worth the increase in entry cost and the lower returns(presumably). But to know that, we'll need several thousands runs at the very least to draw any sort of conclusion, and even that won't be 100% accurate until we have tens of thousands of runs or even a hundred thousands(obv from multiple people).

Last edited: May 12, 2017
  11. It's such a shame elementary statistics isn't standard high school curriculum

12. Pointy03

Looks like a noob trap

Where does it say that?

13. Pyros

It says it has a higher droprate than normal hells in the OP/patch notes? Souls aren't useful(for a char you're trying to gear, obv for anton alts you're running just for invites, the whole thing is irrelevant), so it transfers some of the "useless" soul droprate % into more actual epic droprate%. That's why we need to know the droprates before any conclusion can be made on wether or not it's useful.

14. Pointy03

Uhh you're still getting the same "useless/possibly useful" items though. Not to mention that the total runs in a day are cut by 33% so you're getting fewer returns and less chances
    Aren't soul drops independent from epic drops?

The only reason I can see to run this place is once to set your wish epics for dat shine whenever they drop in a normal hell/rift run

Though with that said I guess it's actually pretty good for new players since they wouldn't have enough invites to run full fp bars anyways
    And they never will without those returns

15. Pyros

FP is only a concern if you somehow have infinite DI/DCs. Realistically, this shouldn't be happening, you will eventually dry out, at which point wether or not you can run 100 or 150runs a day isn't a big deal, running 100 just means it'll take longer. It's like how a lot of people currently have switched to 8FP hells because terraniums and because they don't really have the invites to sustain 600FP worth of 4FP runs everyday anymore(a few still do, but most people at this point are low enough on invites, and got a lot of their drops already). Anyway, you're not losing the invites, you're just delaying them.

On the items, obviously you're still getting useless items. But a soul is ALWAYS a "useless item" regardless. Because a useless item is also a soul. Souls have little value besides the returns. The returns are nice obviously, but again, what matters is the increased rate in epic drops. It's either good enough to compensate for the lower returns by better odds of getting epics, or it won't be, but until the data is out there and somewhat accurate rates are known, forming an opinion is pretty premature.

16. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    To be honest I'm getting similar returns to the normal dungeons since orbs hardly exist for me. Honestly if you give fuck all about gabe or orbs and care more about shines then the alternative of this dungeon is great for you. If you care about returns that could be few and far between then run the normal dungeons. It was made an option for a reason and not forced upon. Plus I still say we should go by real data when it exists rather than arguing over the worth of the dungeon when it's more up to what the user finds more worthy of their invites and time.

The way I'm viewing it is "These are epics i may not have gotten if I was running the normal dungeons thanks to the higher drop rate" And frankly for me it's paying off in slightly better returns minus orbs and gabe thanks to finding on average more epics than my normal 0-2 epics a fp bar. And as a person who is 4/5 on quite a few sets and hopes that next epic the one I need to finally hit that 5/5, I'll take all the epics I can get my hands on.

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  17. ZailKnight BuffCrowSet

IGN:
    Sail
    Server:
    Cain
    Just my point of view, it's much wiser in longer run to run normal hell. Amount of frag you get stacks up. And I don't spent single dime on dc in 90 cap and I still managed to craft few 90 epics.

But like I said it's all about opinions, I don't believe it's actually giving better odds because it has higher drop chance. There are still large pool of epics you need to go through to get what you want and need, and frag is there to at least able to get what you want without relaying entriely on RNG.

There are few positive things I see which is able to party with geared person to carry your alt who can't run slayer hells (aka alt you buy raid on/sader) but beside that, appeal of this dungeon is not there for me. And there are others feels that way as well (as much as others who thinks this is great addition)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)