The Most Important Battle Mage Thread (Bug Mage Discussion)

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by burritoblob, Aug 14, 2015.

1. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇

Fuck everything.

• Burn Heal Burn Heal x 1
    • List
  2. Ranko

:lmfao:

3. Save 4 Less Now!

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    How does this even happen?

How long until they don't hotfix it? :orangu:

4. Jay Ultimate ???

5. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇

Not mine, but I missed this shit, too. Enjoy Evolution Chaser never working!

6. Omega2708

Just asking, do neople fix the evolution chaser bug ? I am playing BM in global sv and i still enjoy very much. But after see these things. .... a little sad but i will continue playing. ~?~

7. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    I'm a bit late on this one, but last week KDnF applied bug fixes to BM as part of their "DnF Side Update Patch"! Along with new F.Mage 2Awk art, there were a lot of fixes for many classes to prepare for character balance updates throughout November. So how many of the 20+ battle mage bugs got fixed? In order of appearance in patch notes:

PvP

Timer Bomb Bug Fix
    Timer Bomb dealt more damage than intended. Don't ask how to do this. Fuck the force lagging BM asshole who kept doing this for free huge damage as my grabs failed to work at all. Fair.

PvE

Chaser Evolution Bug Fix
    IS THIS IT? BUG FIX THE DREAM? WHAT DID THEY DO?

[​IMG]

In Neople's own words:
    "The phenomenon that the Evolution Chaser skill icon does not have the appearance of a buff skill was modified."

THE EVOLUTION CHASER "BUG" WAS IT WASN'T FUCKING BLUE.

:gorilla:

Nothing else to say. Got too excited reading "Evolution Chaser" first before the rest and got blown up. I forgot the rule: if you play BM, expect nothing at best when it comes to patch notes.

Chaser Launcher EX and Fusion Chaser Bug Fix
    OK so I intentionally introduced the bad news first. Here's the best one:

Neople:
    "The phenomenon that un-launched chasers dealing excessive damage with Fusion Chaser will be corrected."

Wait a second... They didn't really...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:notlikethis:

They literally spent more dev resources fixing bugs that helped battle mage exist instead of fixing the ones that make it a buggy shit anti-fun mess...

Oh... and the "with Fusion Chaser" part was just an example. The bandaid BS way they actually "fixed" it was making the recovered chasers always "new" small chasers. Not only are the recovered chasers always the weakest ones regardless of combo count, but they also save a new independent attack value on creation, screwing over those who actually make use of chaser swap mechanics. So a fundamental part of the class was changed just so this bug can't happen in the first place. It's like they intentionally created a new bug to cover up for an old one...

Honestly, everyone knew this "fix" would come. You would be crazy to want this to be what your class is "balanced" around (like how it is with Magic Cataclysm). But, considering how this bug's existence was the only way non-epic BM was raid viable, you would've expected this to come along with buffs to all builds at the same time (you know like the Witch "nerf"). BUT NOPE. Welcome to BM.

And the next bug fix on the list is...

That's it. Absolutely fucking nothing. This is what it's like to play BM. Everyone keeps asking me about KDnF bug fixes or skill revamps, but answering "lol no" every time is actually getting tiring. I mean seriously... if you look at the patch note page you can even see that the amount of bugs fixed for Elemental Master and Summoner OUTNUMBER THE BM ONES!

But at least there's hope! There's supposed to be character balances this month! The first week's balance changes are in test server right now! How effective was the BM revamp?

11/3/2015 Test Server Patch - List of Classes with PvE Buffs: F.Striker, Elven Knight, F.Grap, F.Nen, Asura, M.Ranger, F.Ranger

It's only been a few hours and there's already 3 pages worth of bodybag meme spam on the BM boards on gamechosun...

[​IMG]

At this point, the actual patch that has BM changes can never be good enough for the community. The amount of work that needs to be done is ridiculous, basically amounting to that of creating a new class or giving BM a "3rd awakening" patch.

So here's the status of Battle Mage right now:

Phys BM (6+@ or 9 Death Sentence): Dead. Undead rotting corpse while in Teana/Apostle, which doesn't use actual BM skills anyway. Neople would have to increase every skills' damage by like 400% or something dumb this month before anyone would pay attention to this build at all. Just play Vagabond. It's a better dead class than phys BM.

Chaser Press BM: Dead. It's almost 2016. Please stop with the meme builds of the past.

Relentless BM: Coma (possibly Dead in a month).

No Magic Cataclysm Full Epic BM: You can say it's alive the same way you can say full epic strikers are "alive". Also, you still only do damage while in Teana/Apostle. Whenever you aren't, you have to play like relentless chaser instead and use evolution chaser l0l.

Magic Cataclysm+@ BM: This isn't playing battle mage. It doesn't count and it's the problem.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  8. Orbus

It's a shame.
    I really like the battle mage.

Are they just that unpopular a class in other versions that neople doesn't pay it any attention, or does neople personally not care about the class?

The really old preist patches that completely revamped the class long ago shows that they're definitely capable, but it seems like they don't really care.

9. Jay Ultimate ???

This sounds about right.

10. Moocowow

Doing 400m damage in 30 seconds with just basic attack alone is impressive, but Burritobob is right, that's not really how battle mages should play.
    Are there any other classes that suffer because of Magic Cataclysm?

11. dafrorock I am become death

IGN:
    dafrorock
    Guild:
    homodachis
    I just skimmed over the post and when i realized what it was about i got rly hype only to get rly rly sad....

#removebugmage #neopleplz :(

12. Nier FPriest main since 2017

P.Exo, WMs, m.rangers(?). Hard to buff these classes when this single item makes one of their skill to retarded levels.

13. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    lol no. Also, most of you weren't active for the BM "revamps" they introduced after the new balance patch. You know how chasers are all level 15 and give certain phys skills for "free"? Free my ass. The total SP cost for maxing chaser skills and the skills that generate them may be overall lower, but, because every build skipped maxing those skills anyway, most players LOST like 200+ SP by being forced into garbage skills. Also, making chaser skills level 15 made it way harder to find items that can boost those skill abilities due to being at an uncommon level range for event gear.

To be fair most of the phys skills are bad anyway, so that loss of SP didn't end up mattering much. The only real "good" thing about that change was that neutral chaser > pole master's expertise (+attack to basic attacks) saved BM by locking them into Magic Cataclysm. Wait that's not a good thing...

Or how about when they revealed in early patch notes that they were "revamping" BM abilities. Then... on patch day we only got the ability called "seal". What a useless fucking skill. It's a 0 SP passive that lets you lock your abnormal resist to 150 in apostlize so you can get hit by status effects. It's for that one guy who has that epic confuse necklace and that's it. "Revamp".

That's not even impressive anymore. Also, with players overall being much stronger and supports being used more, characters that can deal their damage in huge bursts and/or have great utility skills make more sense in raid at that gear level. For example, I think average gear Stable Spin M.Grap is overrated, but full epic M.Grap is way above the other full epic characters since he hits one turn burst milestones IN A GRAB CHAIN (yes... m.grap "holds"). Magic Cataclysm BM just presses X and nothing else.

Anyway, although there are quite a few that can use that epic, WM and P.Exo are probably the 2 other classes most screwed over balance wise by Magic Cataclysm. It's really hard to think of a character worse in overall DPS/Burst than WM right now, but give him that shoulder and now you are playing the new class Neople released called "Magic Cataclysm" with skillful play like pressing SST, pressing SST, and pressing autoaim 6s superhold Control Sword. P.Exo playing normally isn't that good either, but just like WM he has good utility abilities that become excessive as he stands in place multihit fishslapping bosses.

14. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Oh wait, I forgot already. I found more battlemage bugs while researching...

Sources if you can read/access them at all:
    http://df.gamechosun.co.kr/board/view.php?bid=job8&num=1310291&cate=5
    http://blog.naver.com/go20021/220516645072

The first one is just a big list of what we already know, but there were some that I didn't know about that were actually discovered recently:

Neutral Evolution Chaser does not accept weapon/cube/enchant element
    I might have mentioned this already, but forgot to list it. I mean seriously... you can use all the elements in the rainbow at the same time when using dark/light/water/fire evolution, but neutral evolution is stuck to not applying anything making it completely useless. The best part is that, with normal chasers, this phenomenon is the complete opposite with normal neutral chaser accepting weapon elements.

Charging Fusion Chaser does not increase the damage of apostle chasers during apostlize
    This one is kind of new. I remember when Fusion Chaser Apostlize dealt 3 times more damage than intended at 2awk release only to be hotfixed the day of. What a turnaround. To be fair, the reason it went unnoticed is because no one uses apostle chasers anymore LOL. Nice randomly bugged magic percent chasers on a class that has a PATK MASTERY.

Because of Pole Master's Expertise (the passive you get after class changing linked to neutral chaser), the damage of the apostlize x attacks is REDUCED by 100%
    Holy. Shit. This is in reference to the second link. Seriously, I had to get more TL help from Jay since I couldn't believe what I was reading. Look at your Lv1 Apostlize basic attack values right now:

x1 skill damage ratio: +218% -is actually-> +118% (AKA 2.18 times basic attack damage)
    x2 skill damage ratio: +223% -is actually-> +123% (AKA 2.23 times basic attack damage)
    x3 skill damage ratio: +244% -is actually-> +144% (AKA 2.44 times basic attack damage)

Amazing. All that damage was gone all along. This is Neople's 2nd Awakening design budget hard at work guys. How do you fuck up a rushed for China skill that wasn't even designed to be interesting at all. Honestly, I've tested this really early too, but I actually thought it was just a mistake in the tooltips. Having a value of +something% in the tooltips, though, is VERY obvious what it means if you compare it to a bunch of other skills listed the same way, so this should actually be the sad truth of the skill. Seriously... when are they going to make Teana and Apostlize like Avenger Metamorphosis and Demonize? THOSE SKILLS ARE LITERALLY WHAT BM AWAKES SHOULD'VE BEEN.

Talk about bug fixes that will never come thanks to MAGIC CATACLYSM...

15. Orbus

Aww I think you're underestimating the usefulness of the physical skills.
    Sure palm blast isn't going to match fusion for damage, but any comparison is unfair next to chaser damage.
    Heck, we all know all the real damage from using punto is from machine gunning chasers.

Everything else though.... yeesh.

16. Flannel Werewolf

IGN:
    Flannoit
    Server:
    Cain
    Geez. Were any of these bugs fixed, or even addressed since then? 'Cause if not, then there's... Really not much of a point playing BM lol. Astarte is hella cute and I really love stabbing things with sticks, but if her damage output is slowly getting more and more like whacking people with a feather, then... Why?

17. two-headed Kartel > Liberation

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)