The Most Important Battle Mage Thread (Bug Mage Discussion)

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by burritoblob, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    This explains a lot. The bugs never end.

2. Zyrixion

IGN:
    Cyrael
    Guild:
    Virtue
    Server:
    Cain
    A decent idea would be to make a nice clinical list of bugs and methods of replication that we can send en masse into bug reports. I would do this myself but I have no real clue about them. x3

As an aside, does it feel to anyone else that Evolution Chasers in dfog have no AoE at all? Like literally at all, not reduced damage, just a straight up lack of area of effect. (this is with normal chaser launcher for clarity).

3. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    That's intended design. The original Astarte launch in CDNF (Remember that Mage 2nd. Awakenings hit CDNF before KDNF) had Chaser Launcher EX with a 0.3 second CD. IF you wanted single target damage on Evolved Chasers you'd use the normal Chaser Launcher. If you wanted AOE damage on Evoled Chaser you'd use the Chaser Launcher EX.

The problem was that apparently the 0.3 second CD was too strong with the Relentless Chaser set so when Astarte was ported to KDNF they increased the CD of the skill to 3 seconds without really balancing it out.

4. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    I'm still here. I've been slowly working on a video to spam to do just that. It's going to show ways to replicate every bug I can think of in both DFOG and KDnF along with damage theorycrafting to show how bad it affects BM play.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Classy Classy x 1
    • List
  5. Cyclone

IGN:
    Cyclone
    Guild:
    Halcyon
    Server:
    Cain
    Let me know if you need any help with that.

6. Zyrixion

IGN:
    Cyrael
    Guild:
    Virtue
    Server:
    Cain
    Wow. What a terrible design failure, evolved chasers are basically useless garbage then? = =

Regardless, it already went in as a bug report, maybe it'll turn up to be unintended after all. Maybe. I can dream.

7. Syn

After having playing with them for the whole week I can say that, while they're fun to use, the fact that:

They make you bleed mana if you have any other chasers that arent evolution chasers
    They do lower damage
    Have no AoE
    Do crap damage in apostle form

IS KIND OF lame... I wanted an all in one chaser so much but we get this buggy mess instead :/

8. Lloyd

Despite their bugs, I currently have both Evolution Chaser and Chaser Launcher EX maxed.

The mana bug isn't much of a problem to be honest, at least for me. In OVs, Ancients and Slote, I haven't ever came close to running out of mana. Evolution Chasers are kind of a slow starter as you need a high combo count to get big chasers. After that though, they do significantly more damage than regular chasers. Due to their lack of AoE of course, I only turn them on when I know I will be against a single target and it sure does a good job at pinning a single target down.

Chaser Launcher EX is another story though. I have SP left over so I now use it as a single target chaser dump nuke. I still think it's pretty useless though and probably the first skill I drop if I change my build and need SP.

9. Ancientmoose Meteor Dash

I'm out of mana midway in practically every OV run due to the bug :fmage: (Granted, Duoing and not in a full party so...)

I always have evolved buff on unless I'm in apostle mode though.

10. Pencil 100% Duck

IGN:
    Pencils
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I am proud to be a BUG mage activist, how bout you?

11. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Okay, so I've been testing on and off and I've replicated most of the things I wanted to confirm. Just some quick notes:

--The evolution chaser "yarn bundle" freezing on the map instead of coming back to you.
    Happens a lot more in DFOG than KDnF. Same way to replicate as the yarn glitch. Seemingly random if you get the full slingshot or the dumb ball getting stuck to the ground. You can still push mobs onto the white galaxy shit and they take damage, though. Really annoying if you are intentionally (HEH :fmage:) doing the yarn glitch.

--"Disenchants" (like that of Scarver) can terminate Teana/Apostlize early.
    Nope. All fixed. Kind of expected considering the beta client patch point.

--Battle Groove Randomly Decaying Mid-Combo.
    I can't tell if it's a bug or shit design (BM issues aren't just bug related), but I've finally been able to replicate this. The current Battle Groove is supposed to save your highest phase when you end a combo. Your next hit, no matter what, will make Battle Groove start decaying phase-by-phase. If you meet a higher combo requirement than that of the current phase, though, then Battle Groove will update to the appropriate phase in realtime. That Battle Groove Phase can then be saved again once you drop the combo. This was given to us to make general play and setups much easier (think Chaser Press build or just OV in general). Now the sadness part. Try this in training mode:

-Achieve phase 6 Battle Groove then stop completely to drop the combo.
    -Phase 6 Battle Groove should be saved as usual.
    -Start a new combo and don't let the combo counter drop for a while (go for over Phase 6 hit requirement).

Notice something strange here? Depending on your additional damage gear, BATTLE GROOVE CAN FULLY DECAY AFTER THE COMBO ENDS EVEN IF YOU HAVE 9999 HITS BUILT UP. So what is happening here? If Battle Groove is decaying from a saved Phase 6 and you meet the Phase 6 hit requirement mid-combo before it changes to Phase 5 or below, the game says haha fk you BM and starts the Battle Groove decay again no matter how many hits you get.

Welp. That's really dumb. And, to be honest, it may not even be a bug. I don't think this is even the only source of mysterious Battle Groove decay. There has to be more. Either way this is another fail that BM players have to work around. I actually suggest destroying your Phase 6 Battle Groove by hitting random objects often so you actually get the Phase 6 to save at the right times. I can't believe I just suggested that...

Oh yeah. If any of you guys have like screens or videos of any type of BM bug, confirmed already or not, please share.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • List
  12. KingofDefeat The King of Being Defeated

IGN:
    Mixia
    Guild:
    Homodachis
    Good to know. I have no idea how much health any boss has, haha. It was probably 5.7 mil then, which is still ridiculous. I think the damage caps out at 9999999 anyhow (at least visually).

But yeah, that battle groove bug bothers me a bit... I don't think I do 116 hits faster than I'll lose phase 6 most of the time, but I can imagine a few situations where that would happen and how much it would suck. I'll have to keep track of the meter from now on... ><

13. Cyclone

IGN:
    Cyclone
    Guild:
    Halcyon
    Server:
    Cain
    I think I might just make a video showcasing everything. Think I should make several smaller videos or just one big one?

14. Syn

A big one feels better to me, you can show everything in one go

i,d probably send that to neople too so they can fix the bugs..

inb4 they only fix the galactic damage bugs

15. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Well that was one of the goals I wanted... having MJ on stream commenting on BM bugs twice LOL.

Oh... I just meant I wanted to see if others used the same setups to get the same results as I did. More examples of these occurrences help, though, so go with anything.

They would've done that by now since they don't like BMs lol. Dat DAY 1 CLIENT HOTFIX BEFORE REGULAR MAINT DATE infinite Apostlize bug fix... And Witch 2Awk breaking invuln patterns on bosses only just got fixed in KDnF...

16. Cyclone

IGN:
    Cyclone
    Guild:
    Halcyon
    Server:
    Cain
    I was so close to playing. I was next in line after that monk :(

I'll get something soon as far as a video goes.

17. Jay Cutting Wit

18. burritoblob :blobhyperthinkbutfast:

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Amazing...

19. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

20. Jay Cutting Wit

Surprised and laughing that you knew the references.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)