The Most Important Battle Mage Thread (Bug Mage Discussion)

Discussion in 'Battlemage' started by burritoblob, Aug 14, 2015.

1. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Many of you guys might have noticed that I mention a lot of bugs related to our beloved(?) Battle Mage. A lot even think I'm joking when I mention on streams or forums that there are over 20 major bugs affecting the class or something like that. Well... now that DFOG has F.Mage 2nd Awakenings, these issues should be real for every version of the game now, so this thread will be about confirming/demonstrating Battle Mage bugs (and mostly complaining HEH). I wasn't sure of the appropriateness of posting something so negative about the game that could influence new players too much (especially those wanting to play only BM), but it's for the best that people know about them.

Anyway, here's a translation project that @Jay and I have been working on for the past couple of days. It's a web comic by a KDnF Battle Mage player that demonstrates the major bugs related to the class's 2nd awakening a few months after release:

[​IMG]
    Another Link: http://imgur.com/a/e3sq4

This web comic was too good to be left unnoticed, so I went and forced Jay to help translate this. Make sure to watch the re-uploaded demo vids in-between the huge panels, too. It doesn't have every currently known bug (the original post date was like 2/2/2015), but the visuals really help explain these issues and how to replicate (abuse :fmage:) some of them. Also, the author's art style is pretty nice (couldn't find a blog/website/pixiv/etc., though).

I will be updating this post with more bugs and other info, because it's not over yet LOL. Please share this post or even just the imgur album link. I doubt anything will come out of this, but wouldn't it be hilarious for this comic translation to be reposted on the official DFOG Facebook page? :fmage:

SPAM AWAY. DEPLOY KNOWLEDGE. ##RemoveBugMage

• Like x 5
    • Informative x 5
    • Idol x 4
    • Funny x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Artistic x 1
    • Wizard x 1
    • Classy x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • List
  2. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Quick Draft of a Shorter Bug List:

From the comic (in order):

Chaser Size Mods (From Chronicle Items) Do Not Work With Evolution Chasers

Evolution Chasers Require 5 Times the Amount of Hits Than Normal to Generate As Giant/King

Chaser Launcher EX Launched Chasers Collide With Targets Using The Outer Rim of Their AoE Rather Than at the Center When Shot Against Multiple Targets (The Cannonball Hitting Dust)

Evolution Chasers + Chaser Launcher EX Will Always Be Base 100% Size Regardless of Chaser Size Mods (From Chronicle Items)

Any Chaser Type + Chaser Launcher EX With Chaser Launcher TP Upgrade Hits Non-Main Target Enemies With Dramatically Reduced AoE Splash Damage (0.0000000000000000000000000000001% of Normal?)

Apostlize Chaser Launcher EX and Chaser Press deal Magic Percent Damage Instead of Physical Percent Damage With Terrible Results For All Builds

Apostlize Chaser + Evolution Chaser Shot With Chaser Launcher EX Results In Massive Magic Damage

Evolution Chasers When Shot With Chaser Launcher EX Against Invalid Targets (Dead or Invuln) Come Back As a "Yarn Bundle" That Can Be Used Again With Chaser Launcher EX or Fusion Chaser for Massive Damage

Other bugs not mentioned, fixed in KDnF, or I still have yet to confirm for sure in DFOG:

-Evolution Chasers are the only chasers unaffected by Chaser Launcher TP Upgrade (even Teana/Apostlize Dragon Chasers work with this...)
    -Chaser Evolution buff duration is 33s (the chaser retention duration and attack buff duration values) instead of the listed 40s (the ACTUAL duration for this buff). You lose 1:1 Chaser Evolution buff uptime.
    -The infinite Apostlize exploit.
    -The infinite graphical only Apostlize bug.
    -The evolution chaser "yarn bundle" freezing on the map instead of coming back to you.
    -"Disenchants" (like that of Scarver) can terminate Teana/Apostlize early.
    -Leveling Enchanted Full Swing past a certain point lowered the values of the debuffs.
    -Battle Groove Randomly Decaying Mid-Combo.
    -Using Stabbing Wheel against some bosses in the Jelva dungeon area (from Lv86 cap) will crash your client.
    -Apostlize Chaser + Fusion Chaser dealing more damage than intended (~3 times more).
    -Inconsistent MP consumption with Evolution Chasers.
    -Disappearing in party member's client when in Teana form.

This is all I remember for now. Didn't include straight up design failures.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  3. Somefool Try tongue, but hole

##

4. Jay Until the day I find this shit...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

##SAVE LENNY AND BM

:fmage:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  5. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇

6. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    OH NO BLOB HAS BEEN DEPLOYED ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇

7. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Oooops... I forgot that part at the end. RIP

8. Chaz The Princess awaits.

IGN:
    FasterHarder
    Guild:
    Heidy/Anima
    Ding Dong the BM Is Dead.

9. SpaceToast づ⊙﹏⊙)づ︻╦╤─

●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇

10. karedis

IGN:
    karedis
    Server:
    Cain
    Are any of these bugs even fixed on kdnf live?
    Is there any hope?

11. Pantsu

IGN:
    ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
    hoping for some bug fixes next update :ohdear:

12. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    They're not gonna get around to us at least til after next set of awakenings is out.

13. Sheep Baa.

Steam:
    Pyuru
    Guild:
    Dream
    We should all whine about it on their Facebook and/or send in support tickets, otherwise things may not get fixed anytime soon (unfortunately). I'm not convinced that the DFOG team is even aware of it.

On the bright side, Apostilize is gorgeous. We at least have that going for us.

14. Pantsu

IGN:
    ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)
    [​IMG]
    seems like its alrdy starting

15. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    You can wait 6 months for the Evolution Chaser + Chaser Launcher EX low damage bug to be fixed. :dead1:

16. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    I should have named my Petit Astarte "●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇"

17. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Made an edit to include just a bug list.

18. Iodic

Did some testing, AoE splash seems to be consistently around 0.5% of normal.
    Chaser Evolution definitely is not lasting the full 40s.
    Confirmed infinite graphical only Apostlize.

19. Nan0teck ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

IGN:
    Beedoof
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, it's just a visual bug, and only for you. Other people will see you in your normal form.

20. Jormungandr

IGN:
    Indignate
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm pretty sure these are live bugs in our version as well.
    EDIT: yeah just checked, these are in our version

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)