The Girl with Big Guns General Discussion

Discussion in 'Launcher' started by Victorique, May 23, 2014.

1. Nope you are right f launcher naturally has less post cast delay than him. At lvl 75 both launchers can start lvling passives which decrease their post delay by 35% with tactician's contract. [​IMG][​IMG]

It seems even after 2nd awake f launcher has better post delay :<, but I haven't really noticed it. Plus concentrated fire is fun.

Fyi I would bind concentrated fire on to a hotkey, no directional input spacebar if ranger rod or whatever your buff input key is.

Attack Speed with subwep crusher will depend on emblems/clones, and the same can be said about movement speed. Most lvl 85 epics have some kind of speed increase option in their set somewhere.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
  2. Yarigumo Aspiring Space NEET

IGN:
    Yarigumo
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain
    Welp, I got a very... depressing drop from Hell today. My first Epic cannon. I should be excited, you must be thinking.

...It's
    [Laserholic].
    Is it worth making this thing work? What equipment should I get to make it work? Should I just not bother until we get our element equalizer passive? Any and all ideas are appreciated.

3. 5does

Guild:
    VagrantEX
    You could try a meme build to oneshot OV and lesser dungeons using laser setting, I've done full refined + 6 Quantum Theory but it's still super lacking.

4. rainybeat

I'm guessing Boom & Boom will be the best pickup from the upcoming Epic Road² event?

Edit: talking about the selectable 70-80 epic box, obviously there are better drops.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
  5. Does anyone know what the state of this class is like right now and in the future? When we get the hell rework I'm going to craft LoR on an alt and I'm trying to decide which alt to craft it on.

Additionally, what is the gear progression like after 6 pc sudden annihilation? Are epic sets the only answer?

6. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    hmm, so I've been getting back into playing my Launcher lately. wondering if a Grinding Overfield would be worth the cost(since they're pretty cheap atm) and an upgrade over her current halidom gun?

ScreenShot2016_1219_144915916.png

mind you this isn't a character I play seriously, but I still want her to have good gear...

7. Yarigumo Aspiring Space NEET

IGN:
    Yarigumo
    Guild:
    Caliginosity
    Server:
    Cain

Assuming you're not close to getting a Requiem weapon, Grinding Overfield is a fine investment and definitely an upgrade over the halidom cannon~

8. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, I gave it some thought and realized that full buff from Overfield beats out Halidom gun by a long shot... had 17K patk before, now she gets up to 23k atk with the full buffs o.o

now watch me end up getting wooyoo gun from epic road...

9. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

Been way less active due to intense DFO grind. Having done Anton raid a good deal now, Crushing Ator is not that bad on this class. My party usually gets sent to hatchery 3 (if not infested) and since I'm in party slot 1, I just do it since the few times I had the Vagabond in my party do it, Ator didn't die that much faster. As long as you don't do Extruder, you shouldn't die. However, since I have Wooyo's Golden Cannon, it may be possible to use Extruder and dodge the explosion from him going out of range with the invincibility. Ancient Trigger might be usable in a similar way in the future. Also, Ator is too close for Operation Raze to hit as well as you'd like it to.

Also, I was wrong about future Heavy Firearm Mastery from what I'm seeing here (@TacticalToys):
    chrome_2016-11-15_04-23-24.png
    I.e., heavy firearm damage bonus scales with level instead of being constant like it is now, so getting this skill a battle platinum emblem is viable.

Boom & Boom with Saturation Bomb 3, Splintershell 3, and Bulky Configuration is often mentioned as raid viable. I couldn't tell you how much better it is than liberation hand cannon, Sudden Annihilation 6, and Bulky Configuration. The only caveat is that you'll want to do everything you can to reduce Steyr cooldown since all of your damage will be coming from it. On a non-serious note, Genius Posthumous Work with Saturation Bomb 9 is really fun as an assist since it makes Extruder suction range enormous. I'm tempted to get it, but my alts need that epic box.

Stormtrooper gets a lot buffs in the future. We should see this update fairly soon, otherwise it will probably be incorporated with this much bigger update. In short, this class does decent damage, but she's a sustained DPS in a bursty endgame, so you have to accept that. The incoming updates give us some quality of life changes, allow us to ignore some defense, and increase damage across the board.

Sudden Annihilation is your best option outside of epics. Our new Dual Trigger passive in the future makes our fire and light damage equal, so at that point, Gracia Family Heirloom may be viable. I'm not sure how additional elemental damage works on skills that don't match its element though. E.g., despite being fire damage, skills like Hellfire will still benefit from Gracia's 6% additional light damage, but I'm not sure if that 6% will scale with your light damage and the target's light resistance in this case. I'm asking someone to look into it for me.

Barring some truly terrible legendary weapons, most uniques, including Halidom, stand no chance. Grinding Overfield gives you some impressive stats when you're fully buffed by it, but keeping the stronger buff when fighting tough enemies may be difficult to achieve without keeping Laser Rifle maxed and using it often. Also, the independent attack buff, like all others, doesn't work on refinement IA, whereas requiem/liberation hand cannon additional damage does.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Azure Lune I never said I was -good- at this

IGN:
    AzureLune
    Server:
    Cain
    I do use my Laser Rifle a lot on her, so that's not an issue. Though I doubt I'll be getting a Lib cannon anytime soon since my Monk is next in line for one since he's my second main pretty much

11. rainybeat

I do have a Magical Rainstorm which should help with the cooldown. Is it worth making the switch from my Doppelganger of Fire title to Water Splash for an additional 8% CDR? I'm bad at math and can't figure out how much of an DPS increase it would be.

Another question:
    With the upcoming changes to Alpha Support, are skill levels for it somehow more valuable?
    I still have this lying around:
    [​IMG]
    but I see no reason to use it over my other offslots right now (Filir, Magical Rainstorm and Red Fang Bottom).

12. Firefly

13. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

I feel it might be, but it's hard to say since I'm not really sure how all the cooldown reductions interact with each other (stuff like Mind Stimulant, MV pieces, and that title). Not sure exactly how the new Alpha Support works, but it might be better than your Red Fang Bottom if you have a critical damage +10% creature to replace it.

14. rainybeat

Scratch my Boom&Boom plans, I just got this:
    [​IMG]

Wasn't this barely on par with Lib just a few months ago? It seems insanely good now.

Edit:
    Wooyo's 12% damage buff doesn't seem to trigger inside the training room. Is this intended?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Idol Idol x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  15. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    Just got an ice spark, is it still one of the best weapons or is it outclassed by Woyoo's now?

Also, what is the standard build after reworks in KR? Is 6pc sudden annihilation good enough to raid or do I need to get gracia or some other legendary set now?

16. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

It is insanely good now. The 12% attack buff not working in training center is a bug resolved in a later patch. Weapons like Open Fire have the same issue.

Wooyo is better. I have no idea what the DnF standard is now. Sudden Annihilation 6 should still be good. Even Sudden Annihilation 3 works now with various good gear. I had a friend do some testing with Laserholic and from what I saw, additional light damage will still scale with your light damage even if the attack itself cannot inflict light damage (e.g., Flamethrower). It doesn't seem to take the mob's resistance into account though, which is a problem if you're hoping to do serious work on light Tog with Gracia Family Heirloom. Even so, at least 6% across the board, high fire damage (due to the new passive), the convenience of Light of Divinity, and those light explosions should be enough for it to be at least equivalent.

I heard quest legendary sets are getting reworked in DnF however, so maybe it's better to wait and see how those turn out on live.

17. rainybeat

Wow, I never even considered just going 3pc SA. It actually seems a lot better with all the buffed epics that are now good offslots, especially once we get the ability to move during M3 Flamethrower.
    With a 20% CD potion we can rotate between M3, Steyr and Gatling with very little downtime.
    Am I missing any major downsides here, other than the loss of Flame Pillar's range?

18. AliasZ

IGN:
    AliasN, bbyNen
    Server:
    Cain
    Once the reworks come around the less chron pieces you are wearing the better since more of your damage is gonna come from awakening and high level cube burst

19. Rayhai

Uhhh... The reason that the less chron pieces you wear (in favor for epic sets) the better because it makes everything you do do more damage, and by a lot. I've really fallen out of keeping up with updates and reworks, but as far as I know, F.launcher cubes are average at best.
    Lancer does crummy damage
    Qbomb is light damage
    Extruder is too slow in most cases, and you can do more damage in the time it takes to fully charge (Thanks, AJ Reinforcement Parts)
    Ancient Trigger is apparently okayish after rework, but I feel it's still sub-par to other 1st awakenings
    Arctic Booster is for utility, not damage
    EX Lancer is great, but has a long cool down
    Prototype is also good, but isn't amazing. Less damage than Extruder, same cool down, but at least it's faster.
    Operation Raids does good damage, but has an annoying startup and 180s cool down.

Again, I'm pretty out of it with updates, so correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't most of our damage still comes from flame pillar and flamethrower and not cubes/awakenings?

20. Psycho K Keeper of Territory

Flamethrower's Y axis made the lack of movement with it not too much of a bother, but it's only fair that we get to move with it too. I'd like them to restore our movement speed with Pampero Booster though. Sudden Annihilation 6 gives a 67.76% damage boost to Hellfire as well as reductions to its hit interval and duration, so it becomes damage:time spikes sharply and it has intense strike holding. Hellfire's range is only affected by Grave Robber King's Hidden Empyrean Secret and the upcoming level 90 legendary hand cannon. On the other hand, with Hellfire at its longer default duration, it gives more time for your other skills to cool down.

It's been a while since I did a post on what's coming, so here's a combined version of 28 Jul. update, 4 Aug. Gunner Balance, and 1 Sep. Infinite Difficulty.

I guess you can use these damage analyses as a vague idea of what's coming. As you can see, Flamethrower and Hellfire are mostly left alone in this series of updates. Damage:cooldown-wise, they're probably still really good, but in terms of raw damage output, they won't trump everything like they do now with Sudden Annihilation. We were never really locked into Sudden Annihilation; these updates just make it a lot easier to transition from (especially level 90 epics) or skip entirely. Personally, I already have all 10 pieces of SA and all of the armor at level 86, so settings like Gracia don't interest me at all. Quantum Bomb and Lancer will definitely be worth looking into again for my Tactician's Contract build.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)