The 6th DFOG to kDNF; Back online.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mms0208, Mar 1, 2017.

1. mms0208 A Certain Ressurected Translator Passing by

IGN:
    The_Launcher
    Guild:
    FLAG
    EDIT: The question pool for the 6th DFOG to kDNF has been closed. Thank you for your participation.

Hello folks. mms0208 here.

At this point, I can't really tell if I eliminated the root cause of what caused the technical problem I've encountered at DFO Reddit. For some reason the question collecting post was only visible to some of the users, and I didn't know it was getting questions to be asked.

Long words short, I did get 2 questions from DFO Reddit, and now it's your turn.

Oh, and as I mentioned in the early attempt on DFO Nexus for the 6th DFOG to kDNF, Jaðarsormr's question will be included, but this question will be counted as extra, so I'll still take 2 more questions from DFO Nexus.

Here are the rules.

1. To ask question to fellow kDNF players, submit your question as reply to this thread.
    In order to distinguish regular replies and actual question candidate, please start your reply with '(Question)' if you are submitting a question.

ex)
    (Question) (Your Question without parenthesis here)

Or, if you don't have good question to ask but you see one among submitted questions, Click on 'Agree' on the question you'd like to hear back from kDNF players.

2. On the deadline, top 2 questions with the most number of 'Agree' will be chosen.
    Anything other than 'Agree' will not be counted toward the vote.
    If there are multiple questions with the same number of 'Agree', one that was posted earlier will get the priority.

3. If a submitted question is pointed out by 3 or more users that it has problem for reasonable, rational cause, that question will not be chosen regardless number of 'Agree' it has or how fast it's been submitted.

Should be easy enough, but if you don't get any part of this project or have better suggestion, feel free to tell me about it.

The deadline for the 6th DFOG to kDNF is March 3rd, 2017, 0500 PST.

Now then.... ask away!

PS) Oh.... almost forgot. For your reference, here are the questions that has been asked in the past DFOG to kDNF. Questions from the 1st to 3rd DFOG to kDNF is old enough that it won't hurt to ask again, but it's better to have you guys noted of questions that has been already asked.

1st DFOG to kDNF (This was held only in DFO Core, and I believe it was before the actual launch of DFOG.)
    1. How well do you (the kDNF players) think Neople is equipped to manage a global version of DnF as their first solo publishing project? How successful do you think they will be in spreading the word about the game's revival in order to create a successful game launch and maintaining a healthy number of players to sustain the game's existence?
    2. What do you like about DnF? What are the aspects that you would tell someone if you were to recommend the game to them? What do you believe separates DnF from other games?
    3. In the time that you have been playing kDNF, have you noticed a significant decrease in the number of players? If so, what factor have contributed most to it?
    4. How do you fell about M.Mage and thief starting with only 2 subclasses, while newer classes are getting all 4?
    5. How many avatars does the average F.Mage player possess in their wardrobes?

2nd DFOG to kDNF (From this point, DFO Nexus was included into this communication event)
    1. How optimistic are DnF players about the future of DnF and where it's headed? What DnF players generally want to see in the future of DnF? (For example: More balance, more content, more classes, etc)
    2. How much do Koreans "listen" to tier lists when making OV parties? Do they care about what class somebody is playing or do they base it on what kind of gear the person has rather than what their subclass is?
    3. How well do you think Neople will handle priest second awakenings?
    4. What do they suggest Veteran players do since the game is starting off completely fresh and we'll have potentially the largest impact on the market. How can we get our economy off on the right foot?
    5. What nicknames does the kdnf community have for Kiri?
    6. What does the PvP community think of the revamped General Arena vs Fair Arena?

3rd DFOG to kDNF (It had 7 questions because I made mistake in the 2nd DFOG to kDNF that one question that should have been chosen did not get chosen. To make up for it, I added one extra for that one question.)
    1. What makes a famous player famous...? Do you know of well known subclass players that have large influence when providing feedback to Neople? How did they come onto the scene and are they still in relevance today?
    2. What do you consider as the golden age of DFO, is it just simply before the Kiri's promise incident happened?
    3. What are your opinions on Male Mage, do you think people would go back to play Male Mage if he got the last 2 subclasses?
    4. What is the general consensus among the Korean community on which classes are fun?
    5. Which class would you want to see buffed or re-balanced and why?
    6. Which events that have been released in KDNF only once would you like to see again in KDNF and why?
    7. Is Male Grappler weak?

4th DFOG to kDNF (It was a miniature event right before I enter the R.O.K. Army, and it was the first time when DFO Reddit was included into this communication event.)
    Is DnF Fun?

5th DFOG to kDNF
    1. Do you miss otherverse sets or do you prefer the way it is now? Back when otherverse was the endgame, every class had a very diverse number of builds and permutations, even if most of them were just unviable gimmicks; but now it's mostly radiant gold, 5 senses, and ancient civilization with savior. Though this makes it easy to understand what to strive for, it also kills a lot of diversity, since chronicles and legendaries are now a minor stepping stone, and every epic seems to strive for some kind of baseline dps rather than focusing on a specific facet of a character.
    2. What do Korean players think of the DFOG PvP scene, and do they have a desire to watch DFO PvP tournaments?
    3. What is the one thing you would like to see happen to make kDNF better for the players?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. mms0208 A Certain Ressurected Translator Passing by

IGN:
    The_Launcher
    Guild:
    FLAG
    The deadline for the 6th DFOG to kDNF is coming pretty close. It might be your chance to ask your question since I'm not seeing much of question submitted here ;).

3. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    (Question). In your opinion, do you like the burst meta? I know it may seem like a weird question, but with the whole meta of kill boss fast then run to next room, the gameplay kind of feels like it is getting stale. I mean don't get me wrong, I love this game and have been playing it for a long long time, back when level 10 was the maximum level in fact, but I just feel that all of the classes that are more sustained damage type get put to the side for classes such as weapon master and berserker. So what are your thoughts on the current meta of burst and would you like it if the meta shifted back to sustained dps? If so, how would you change certain classes to fit the sustained dps meta?

4. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Uh... Even though I asked one question already, can I ask another one? Or even two, if no one else's gonna ask one.

5. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

(Question)
    What is your opinion on current state of TP Skills? Are they okay as they are now, or should they be reworked / improved?
    A lot of things have been done lately: every class finally got Second Awakening (which balanced out some weak sides of each class), a new Equipment type was added ("Earrings" item is mostly a stat boost that makes your life easier in Anton Raid and is required for Luke Raid), as well as Lv.90 cap (gives more stats and Skill levels) and Lv.90 Epics (you know how good they are).
    With all these additions, TP Skills look really... outdated, I think? I mean, they're still not affecting First or Second Awakening skills (not to mention that, even without Awakening skills, not every Skill have its TP version) and most of them are just another form of damage increase. These two factors make it really easy to level TP Skills of your best damage / buff Skills and ignore the rest, even if those "useless" TP Skills might be more interesting in terms of design. It reminds me of Chronicle set effects a bit (many options, but only 2 or 3 Chronicle settings will be used for most classes), and I don't think that this is just a coincidence.

6. Orphane Za Earringu

Server:
    Cain
    What are kdnf's top memes?

7. Tate ▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬

(Question)
    What does kdnf think of our male mage trailer?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  8. mms0208 A Certain Ressurected Translator Passing by

IGN:
    The_Launcher
    Guild:
    FLAG
    Ok.... so I would just say... the 6th DFOG to kDNF have gotten some sort of bad jinx or something by having number 6 on.
    First DFOR had a issue of post not being shown well to many users, then one on DFON is kinda messed....

Technically speaking, only one question (Excluding Jaðarsormr's one that has been submitted prior to pause) made it in deadline (I didn't formally closed the pool, but I did check this thread around the deadline while I was outside), but all this is making me confused....

Here's what I'm going to do for questions from DFO Nexus.

1. As I mentioned already, Jaðarsormr's question, which was submitted before pausing the pool, will be translated and asked.
    2. Though it's well past deadline, it is my fault for question collecting post becoming more confusing with the addition of past questions and not closing the question pool formally, so I'm taking Orphane's and Tate's question for this time.
    3. However, since MetalBatkun did made it in time (just didn't receive as much agree as others), I'm going to guarantee one question for MetalBatkun in next DFOG to kDNF. Just like Jaðarsormr's question, this will count as extra for the next DFOG to kDNF, making total of 5 questions to be asked.

I'm sorry about all the confusions, and will try to figure out better way so this sort of confusion won't happen again. If any one of you felt bad about this decision, I'm terribly sorry.

and I'm now officially closing the question pool.
    Thanks for your participation.

9. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

@mms0208
    Just one question - wasn't MetalBatKun's question... kinda similar to the question from previous DFOG to KDNF?
    I mean, they're not 100% same (one is about "how do you feel about current Burst meta", another is "how would you change Burst meta"), but I'm not sure if there will be different answers from Korean players. No offense or disrespect to anyone, just a thought.

10. MetalBatKun

IGN:
    IHealDaCrew
    Server:
    Cain
    Huh, never read that before so I am just saying my idea was totally original in my head

11. mms0208 A Certain Ressurected Translator Passing by

IGN:
    The_Launcher
    Guild:
    FLAG
    Well, though my goal of having those past questions up was to prevent this kind of happening, but guess it wasn't so efficient.

Nevertheless, MetalBatKun, when it's time for submitting the question for the 7th DFOG to kDNF, I'll try to note you.

12. Jaðarsormr 抜けない事があきらかだからって、オレが努力しなくていいって事にはならない

Again, I don't blame you for anything - it's totally normal to ask that question, because it does have a point to discuss. I just don't think that we need to ask that question so soon (like, immedeately after the previous DFOG to kDnF). This is probably why your post didn't get any "Agree" - not because the question is dumb or uninteresting, but because we already asked a similar one not too long ago.

I think it's because you forgot to include questions from Nexus in your "5th DFOG to kDnF" section of opening post:
    (Question) What do Korean players think of the DFOG PvP scene, and do they have a desire to watch DFO PvP tournaments? – DFOR Miridia - 21 Points
    (Question) Do you miss otherverse sets or do you prefer the way it is now? Back when otherverse was the endgame, every class had a very diverse number of builds and permutations, even if most of them were just unviable gimmicks; but now it's mostly radiant gold, 5 senses, and ancient civilization with savior. Though this makes it easy to understand what to strive for, it also kills a lot of diversity, since chronicles and legendaries are now a minor stepping stone, and every epic seems to strive for some kind of baseline dps rather than focusing on a specific facet of a character. – DFOR nervnqsr - 14 Points
    (Question) What is the one thing you would like to see happen to make kDNF better for the players? – DFOR DivineAsura – 13 Points

(Question)
    Kind of a weird question, but I'm curious. As part of the small western community who plays kDnF and participates in Raids, etc. regularly, what are your thoughts on foreigners playing kDnF and endgame content? There's been times when my party members have found out I'm a foreigner and they were very nice and even made an effort to converse with me, but I'm curious what the overall impression is. – DFON Ark – Recc'd 11 times.

(Question)
    How do you feel about the way most classes play now compared to many years ago? Is the burst meta right now truly what most of you wanted, or do some of you still prefer the old days when juggling+backstep was important and you generally had slower, less flashier skills? - DFON NERVNQSR – Recc'd 10 times.

(Question)
    How much do you guys know about dfog? for example: do you guys know our "famous"/"named" players, follow the dfog raid scene, check out our region's events etc. – DFON Loriciferica – Recc'd 7 times.
    Bolded questions are the ones that not being mentioned in opening post.

It is hard to do this kind of stuff all by yourself, so it's no wonder that some mistakes happen. People are still grateful for your work, so just take your time in preparations and don't rush / overdo yourself.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)