Test Server: Legend Dungeon (Update: March 7th)

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jay, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Kiwi-poi

It is mentioned that out of 11 gear slots, a maximum of 6 can be turned into set effect, and only one set effect will apply so you can't go Set6+5 or Set4+4+3. That said, does this apply with older QL set effects? Is it possible to do something like SoD5+QLset6 or Gracia6+QLset5 or something to that effect?

2. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah.. Like with the new Tower, it seems like a case of the people that'd need the rewards [the most,] are the people that aren't geared enough to run it.. >_<

3. Ark From Pain, Awakening.

It really isn't that hard to get a decent chunk of exo parameter in kDnF, especially given the ancient set rework so I really don't know what you are even talking about.

Difficulty level is a different story but who knows how Neople's gonna handle that and their future plans. I don't think they want it to be easy as fuck so I would imagine for people in Gracia/Kartel, it will be a little bit challenging. That's not a bad thing though and I look forward to not face-rolling it.

4. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    It's not impossible to do with bare minimum gear but you're certainly not going to be clearing it fast with it. The only struggles I had in the test server running it with the bare minimum gear was running out cubes mid-run.

5. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, the Exo isn't hard to get.. I meant that the Dungeons look REALLY hard and slow for people in all Legendaries.. Especially with just 3 Tokens, with the runs taking so long, chances for making mistakes increases..

I don't think it should be necessarily be "challenging," since it's something meant to help undergeared people, not punish them.. The challenging bit would come from RNG/having to run it hundreds of times.

6. Jay 테미

Difficulty wise, Legend Dungeon is bit more difficult than Pandemonium Rift. However, you honestly can't expect the dungeon to be any easier. This dungeon is meant to be toughest dungeon next to Anton and Luke. You don't just jump from few chronicle pieces to 90 QL. You must work your way up (Epics being an exception due to luck). This dungeon is here to help you progress, not jump steps.
    I can clear the dungeon fine with 6pc gracia with no death. Use your 'combat' efficiently.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  7. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    That Dungeon looks A LOT harder than Anton, or at least, more annoying. How long does it take you to clear it in 6pc Gracia?

8. Jay 테미

4 ~ 5 minutes. Only annoying part is the constant summon (frame drop).

9. NERVNQSR

• Unleashing Combat will apply ... "Additional Attack from Z Skill"...
    What does this mean?
    You seriously want raids to continue being the only meaningful content? Any challenge outside of a massive gear check is very welcome at this point. I even like that it's solo-only, since you can't just buy runs or get carried through it. It's a shame that the gear apparently isn't enough for Luke anyway.

10. Sheriff The Deputy Sheriff

IGN:
    5heriff
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, I guess challenge is fine and needed; I just have PTSD from SuperSonic in Rift... That guy hits TOO hard and obnoxiously.. UGH <_< (He really pisses me off when I mess up.)

And yeah, it's a shame that they release this to help gear people, but also make Luke Raid harder at the same time.. 1 step forward, 2 steps back.
    Forget these Legs helping you do Luke, you won't even be able to do Luke without 5/5 Upgraded 90s -_-

11. Cross187

IGN:
    FlashLuna
    Guild:
    Cygnus
    ...But ironically, you can only get upgraded 90s by running Luke Raid.

Seriously, though, just because you're not able to clear raid in a quarter of the allotted time (you get like 70mins total), it's suddenly impossible to run? I'm pretty sure they're working on balancing everything, so that it all works out. Sure, it isn't going to be ez clears within 15-25mins, even with some of the strongest parties (upgraded 90s, 4-5K mainstat + 7Sins 3pc, etc.), but I think that's the point: to weed out any players that aren't going to take their gearing seriously.

More to the point, it seems the 90 QLs are meant to be a supplement to the endgame, not an alternative. You can run Anton Raid with just 6pc Gracia and some various other legendaries; Luke is meant to be much tougher, and therefore require much stronger gear than that. As it seems right now, 90 QLs are meant to be strong enough to act as accents to the epics that you do have, while you build up to ultimately replacing them with stronger epics. Ideally, if you're serious about Luke Raid, you'll only be bothering with 90 QLs but so much. If you're at the point where you have 6pc, and you're still in an underwhelming state, then maybe you shouldn't be trying Luke Raid just yet.

In this way, Luke Raid becomes the kind of endgame that you can't mindlessly run on an alt, or even sell to someone that doesn't even care as much. You'll need to put actual effort and dedication into reaching and clearing that high bar, which makes it all the more rewarding, when you do make that ultimate upgraded 90 set, upgraded Savior weapon, etc. That's kinda what an endgame should be like, right?

12. anontroll

To reiterate one of the developer's stupid ass words, they were aiming for 90 QLs to be "a gateway to luke raid" and "stronger than 85 epics." That's clearly not what we're seeing here, although I don't think anyone actually expected them to go through with that idea in the first place. There's a good chance they'll rework luke raid again if too many players are dissatisfied.

13. Cross187

IGN:
    FlashLuna
    Guild:
    Cygnus
    Well, there are a few things to consider, here: First off, it's. still. test server. Let the developers do their job, and balance the game as necessary. Second, even despite the fact that we don't have any raw numbers for the 90 QLs, based on what the gear can provide, and the fact that it can be COMPLETELY customized how you want it, right down to the set effects, then yes, I DO think 90 QLs can be comparable to 85 epics, if not potentially stronger. At the least, not being locked to a 5/5 armor set or 3/3 accessory set for that kind of power should make them FAR more convenient. Not to mention not having to worry about the gimmicks the majority of the 85 epic sets' power lies behind (camouflage for Assassin, super armor for Full Plate, etc.), and not having any concerns about it being sub-optimal (Battle Mage not benefiting from Burning Mana's M.atk boost).

14. Laande Third best girl

IGN:
    Ilynnit/Kriiha
    Guild:
    TGP/Ingenious
    No major offense but if you really think you'll need 5/5 upgraded 90 then you really underestimate the real powerspike of koreans as a whole. Do not and i repeat do NOT ever judge things off of test server cause live server will shatter those expectations. You can say so for dfo but never for dnf.

Also on the subject of 90 quest legs. People need to not judge them based on paper. Remember how people tried to do so with the 85 epic rework and how quite a lot of it didn't live up to it? Stuff like that is super situational to what kind of gear you can get with it and what kind of synergy it has with it, not the stuff by itself.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
  15. anontroll

Yea that's what I said; I don't expect them to leave luke raid at this state. As far as "doing their job" and "balancing the game as necessary," they deserve no defense there. A handful of classes already needed very strong gear (all 90 epics) to viably participate in luke raid, and with the proposed buffs it'll just put a harder strain on those classes. I never said anything about any of this being concrete, but I will establish something I didn't mention before; I don't expect much out of Neople when it comes to certain things, such as class balancing when there are still any classes left twisting in the wind. The best people who play those handicapped classes can hope for in terms of being able to play endgame is for Neople to eventually buff their asses. Sure, they can whale and deck themselves out in the best gear possible but that's not realistic for everyone nor fair at all. However, the proposed reward rework for luke raid does sound relatively promising.

Apparently some are saying that luke raid in test server is about the difficulty of what it previously was, so if that's the case then it seems fine.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)