Test Server: July 8th Update (Paladin and Dragon Knight)

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jay, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jds975

My main gripe about dragon knight, which is similar to some kdnf users' sentiments, is that her skills lack a cohesive theme and/or visual impact.
    We got rocket punch, and transforming into big sword just to slash once, a double uppercut, a spinning dash followed by a kick, and a downgraded version of vanguard's smash that will pretty much see no use, just to name a few. What do any of these have to do with using the powers of dragons? Nothing, really. Overall, especially in terms of visual cohesiveness, the class as a whole feels like a rushed job.

I feel like the least they could have done would be to have these skills' effects at least have dragon-like visuals. For example, the rocket punch skill (seriously, this skill is so dumb) could have been Astra (the dragon pet) lunging forward and returning, pulling enemies with it; something similar to what FMage's basic Pluto skill looks like, but with the dragon. If the ratio between dragon and human skills was a problem, we can even make it an energy blast in the shape of a dragon. Honestly, we can make the case that "these classes aren't complete, they don't have 2nd awakenings yet", but unless Neople goes back and addresses pre-awaken skills, just tacking on 3 extra active skills won't change how un-dragon-like most of the DRAGON Knight's kit is. After all, about half or more of a dungeon run is using pre-50 skills to clear rooms while the big guns are cooling down.

Overall, both knight subs feel like a rushed job. I wish Neople would just admit that it was not properly able to meet the deadline they hyped users up with, and delay their release for a few months to properly work on a polished product. Part of this may be me getting my hopes up too high for over three years about this class, but it feels disappointingly underwhelming for me. Neople has put itself in a no-win situation on the long run if they keep going this way as well; if lancer subs turn out to be very well done and visually and conceptually appealing, I (and probably many others) will assume it pushed aside knight to dedicate resources to lancer instead, meaning it set aside a class that has been announced and should have been in the works for three years for something that has probably been in planning for less than one. Otherwise, if lancer subs come out as shoddy as paladin and dragon knights, people will not be happy that Neople is not putting too much effort into these new contents. It's likely though that lancers will look much more polished than knights; director Yoon mentioned in the past that lancers were a favorite class of his (this is also why they were released before knight subs apparently).

That's my half-rant take on Dragon Knight, a subclass I've been very excited for since the beginning. I can only imagine how disappointed some Paladin users might be. I really hope Neople makes some adjustments with their 2nd awakening release.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  2. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    They probably rushed it and had it complete already. They then began working on the lancers which is why they showed up along with knights. This would explain why knight seem garbage. Maybe it was due to the negative views on the first two knight subs. Still this really is no excuse.

3. Ruhig

IGN:
    Ruehig
    Maybe dragon knight's 2nd awakening will get a passive that changes her skill effects similar to chaos, demon slayer, and some other classes i can't think of right now.

4. animus

IGN:
    Hydro
    Guild:
    Communism
    Neople should've taken some inspiration from the Breath of Fire series for Dragon Knight. Shame they didn't.

5. Arrol

Or maybe the Dragon Knight from Maplestory.

6. DeftFunk

I was hoping she'd have some sort of Aura Skill, like Paladins in Diablo 2.

7. Largerock RETURN BACK TO ZERO

IGN:
    Rockington
    Server:
    Cain
    Man, imagine. Inspired from BoF3, you do one dragon skill, and in the middle of that start another dragon skill and they both mix to make a new/super powered attack.

8. DeftFunk

I think you're thinking about Breath of Fire 4. But that would still be really cool.

9. Tsurugi

Server:
    Cain
    I'll have to agree. Gave Dragon Knight more play than Paladin and she's underwhelming. This sucks because I fear how the two lancers will turn out. I want to get hyped for Dark Lancer but feels like im gonna be disappointed.

10. Misukun ◤◡ᴥ◡◥

agreed, complete over-focus of melee skills on dragon knight

tbh the class should have been a caster with 80-90% of the skills involving the dragon itself

11. Ark From Pain, Awakening.

Classes "should" coming to live server tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see if/what they change at all.

12. Arrol

Yea, again with Maple comparisons, but caster-dragon cooperation and fusion skills like Evan would've been great

13. jds975

I don't mind that she focuses on melee. In fact, I think it fits conceptually if she jumps into the fray, like a dragon warrior. She's still part knight, not mage, after all. What I don't like is that a majority of her skills don't allude to being related to dragons at all. Is it too much to ask for even something like a WM's raging dragon slash effect on her spinning raid skill? And what's up with that transformed sword golf-swing? At least make the sword have a dragon motif and the slash effect more fiery. So much wasted potential in a class that's supposed to channel the power of dragons.

14. nihil679

I'm guessing in this amazing world lore of Dungeon Fighter, they couldn't find a way to write a way for a schoolgirl to transform into a dragon. :knight:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)