Test Server: July 8th Update (Paladin and Dragon Knight)

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jay, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay 테미

『Paladin is a support class that fights to protect her comrades with her angelic shield.』

Paladin Plate Armor Mastery (Level 15)
    • Equip Plate Armor to increase Strength, Vitality, Spirit, HP MAX, MP MAX, MP Recovery, Physical Critical Hit, Physical Defense and Attacking Speed.
    Seraphic Fall (Level 15)
    • Angel's power is imbued onto Paladin's weapon and shield to change her basic attacks and increase Physical Attack. Basic motion is also replaced by Defensive Stance.
    Seraphic Feather (Level 15)
    • Increase Physical Attack when Bludgeon is equipped and Seraphic feather can be consumed to activate various bonus buffs.
    Weeping Wave (Level 15)
    • Smash down the holy weapon to create a 'Ripple' and aggro the enemies.
    Purifying (Level 15)
    • Swing the holy weapon twice to harm the enemies.
    Divine Shield (Level 20)
    • Concentrate the holy power onto the shield to block all attacks.
    Shield Break (Level 20)
    • Concentrate the holy power onto the shield to charge and push away the enemies.
    Wrath (Level 25)
    • Concentrate the holy power onto the weapon and discharge the power to create a pillar of light.
    Faithful (Level 30)
    • Increase your own and party member's Skill Damage.
    Retribution (Level 30)
    • Concentrate the holy power onto the shield and brandish it towards the ground.
    Confession (Level 35)
    • Unleash the holy power from the shield to the surroundings to harm the enemies.
    Forgiveness (Level 35)
    • Shoot multiple holy bullets from the weapon to harm the enemies.
    Estrangement (Level 40)
    • Drop a hammer of judgment created by light.
    Conciliation (Level 45)
    • Leap forward with a weapon imbued with holy power to smash the earth.
    『Sentinel uses strengthened holy power to support her party.』

Glory of the Light (Level 48)
    • Concentrate angel's power to create a bigger holy shield and increase Physical Attack.
    Price of Mistrust (Level 50)
    • Accelerate the holy power around the Paladin and swing it forward to create an explosion.
    Divine Sanctuary (Level 60)
    • Unleash the holy power from the shield to protect everyone inside the light field.
    Integration (Level 60)
    • Discharge the holy power from the shield to attack and stun the enemies.
    Mandate of Heaven (Level 70)
    • Concentrate the holy power then jump and crash down back to earth to create an explosion.
    『Dragon Knight battle together with her dragon, Astra to subdue enemies.』

Dragonscale Light Armor Mastery (Level 15)
    • Equip Light Armor to increase Strength, Vitality, Spirit, HP MAX, MP MAX, MP Recovery, Physical Critical Hit and Hit Recovery.
    Proof of Dragonian Lineage (Level 15)
    • Shield is changed to Dragon Knight's exclusive shield and Basic Attacks, Jump Attack, Dash Attack is changed to Independent Damage type. Also depending on the HP, decrease the amount of damage taken.
    Dragon Wing (Level 15)
    • Move forward instantly when the skill activated on the ground, but soar upward and unfold dragon wings when the skill is activated midair. Dragon Knight will slowly descend while being able to dash forward.
    Dragontooth (Level 15)
    • Change her weapon into form of a sword to harm enemies. It can be chained with Basic Attacks and attack form will change depending on the timing.
    Fire Breath (Level 15)
    • Shoot dragon-shaped fire from the Dragonshield to harm enemies.
    Blitz Strike (Level 20)
    • Quickly descend to slash enemies and create a shockwave.
    Summon Astra (Level 20)
    • Summon Astra and increase Independent Attack and Accuracy. Activating this skill will allow Astra to attack nearby enemies and provide Super Armor to Dragon Knight.
    Slayer (Level 25)
    • Increase Physical Critical Hit when Katana is equipped. Also provide Super Armor immediately to Blitz Strike.
    Bust Horn (Level 25)
    • Concentrate strength onto the weapon and create sharp dragon horn to pierce enemies.
    Dragon Breath (Level 25)
    • Astra will attack with Fire Breath instead of Dragon Knight when this skill is acquired.
    Knuckle Blaster (Level 30)
    • Transform Dragonshield into a knuckle and shoots it forward. Knuckle will come back after reaching a certain distance and drag back enemies towards Dragon Knight.
    Feast (Level 30)
    • Increase Dragon Knight's morale by feeding on meat. Skill Damage of Finish! and Dragon Knight skills are increased.
    Dragon Fang (Level 30)
    • Astra attacks consecutively on the enemy that has been attacked a moment ago.
    Dragon Smash (Level 35)
    • Uppercut enemies quickly then transform Dragonshield into a knuckle to attack once more. It can be chained with other skills.
    Spinning Raid (Level 35)
    • Charge forward while spinning and finish the attack with a powerful kick.
    Gourmand (Level 35)
    • Increase the effect from eating by adding Strength bonus onto Feast.
    Peerless Warrior Blade (Level 40)
    • Dragonshield is combined with the weapon to create Peerless Warrior Blade and cut down enemies.
    Tempest Breath (Level 45)
    • Astra turns massive and attacks with a powerful breath. Dragon Knight mounts Astra when the skill is activated midair.
    『Dragon Knight taps deeper into dragon's power to further suppress enemies.』

Dragonforce (Level 48)
    • Unleash the dragon's power which flows in her blood to increase Skill Damage. Additionally, Astra attacks with Flame Bullet when Basic Attacks, Jump Attack, Dash Attack or Dragon Tooth is used.
    Lament Lightning (Level 50)
    • Dragon Knight mounts Astra and attacks with a powerful lightning breath.
    Dragon King's Crush (Level 60)
    • Transform Dragonshield into a Kaiser's Head to gnaw on nearby enemies.
    Ascend to Heaven (Level 70)
    • Astra turns massive and either charge forward or ascend upward.

First of all, let me explain how "Seraphic Feather" works.
    • Each feather on Paladin's back is your stack count (maximum of 6).
    • You can either use the feathers to increase "Weeping Wave" Attack Range and ability to gather enemies OR charge other skills to unleash the buff.
      • Amount of feather stack does not affect the buff itself, but only the duration of the buff.
    • You can charge feathers in 2 ways.
      1. Use "Weeping Wave" against enemies. This will charge 2 feathers.
      2. You also gain 1 feather per second while Paladin is taking a Defensive Stance AND debuffed enemy is present in the map.
    • This skill can still be used without Bludgeon is equipped. You'll just lose out on Physical Attack bonus if any other weapon types are used.
    On another note, I changed some of the Dragon Knight's skill names to fit the description better and don't blame me for the lame Paladin skill descriptions since that's how it is in the original text.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Idol Idol x 3
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  2. Apple Yawning

IGN:
    Apple

Aerial tech is real

3. HonNhien

4. Orphane Terminal Shitposter

Server:
    Cain
    Paladin

Dragon Knight

5. Tsurugi

Server:
    Cain
    tfw the last two classes have no art and is only showing Chaos.

6. 15th

gam sam knee duh jay mod for transurating ㅋㅋ
    now gotta wait for the 2a awakenings to see if theyre cool or not

7. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    For anyone wondering Dragon Knight is Fixed Physical Damage and Paladin is is % Physical Damage. Neither of them seem to be Element locked on any of their skills either. They don't have unique shields like EK and Chaos, their shields are their subclass cosmetic. Neither of them have reviving passives like EK or Chaos either.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  8. Orphane Terminal Shitposter

Server:
    Cain
    I don't even care if Paladins have a bunch of reskinned EK skills

no chain rush + aesthetic has my vote

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  9. Aeschine

Paladin seems to have a Bludgeon Mastery tied into Seraphic Feathers (10% weapon phys attack?) and DK seems to have Katana mastery tied into Slayer (15% phys crit chance?).

DK seems like it was focused on chaining/cancelling skills together and giving the players a choice whether or not they want to use certain skills mid-air or not, as some of their skills change pretty drastically if used mid-air. Not my thing, but seems very fluid.

Paladin seems to have Weeping Wave as a pretty core skill you need to use similar to EK's Chain Rush. I don't know if the class just seems a bit lackluster due to lack of 2nd Awakening, but it doesn't seem like a class I'd like to play either. It looks like Seraphic Feather charges only generate after using Weeping Wave for now. Perhaps 2nd Awakening passive will allow other skills to generate charges as well. I was hoping that 1A active was a vacuum + hold, but it looks like it doesn't hold.

10. Ruhig

IGN:
    Ruehig
    Wait a sec. That charging up and suction skill for paladin was the 1st awakening active? It seems pretty underwhelming but i'd still play her.

11. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    physical fixed + katana doesnt seem that promising

12. nihil679

Considering it's "only" 15% physical critical RATE and super armor(?), I don't think this is an issue.

13. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    I don't see the problem either (not like it's a short sword, which has no Str to add)

14. I don't possess the necessary skills in Korean to translate this quote directly. But Koreans are really not happy with the effort put into Paladin.

15. Ark From Pain, Awakening.

My guess would be because a lot of their skills are just reskins of other class skills.

Carrot Rogue getting a laugh outta it.

16. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    i mean lets be honest it was delayed for a long time and this is the garbage they got for it

17. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Sort of a contrast wtih Dragon Knight whose high emphasis on aerial stuff has irked various Swift master players because she outdoes him in the whole aerial thing.

18. Ruhig

IGN:
    Ruehig
    You can really hear him die a little inside and give up when he does that level 70 skill.

19. Orphane Terminal Shitposter

Server:
    Cain
    While I can see why people think that's an issue and I agree that it's lazy on Neople's part, I have neutral feelings about skills being reskins in general - what matters to me is that a class's playstyle is smooth and is distinct. When you get down to skill design you can make the case that most skills will generally fall into a couple of large categories and most classes will have a couple of common ones (point blank aoes around caster, forward charges, large ground slams, forward cones, area shields, etc). I would prefer to reserve judgement about the class in general until 2a and actually getting to play it.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2017
  20. Tsurugi

Server:
    Cain
    Paladin is like a Dark Knight except she borrows skills from other classes and much more shiny. Playing her in test my experience with her is meh. Had she came out before EK I'd probably be more enthused to play her. DK on the other hand was ok. Need to play her more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. ALittleDemon