Talk to me about the summoner

Discussion in 'Summoner' started by SlayerGauge, Sep 9, 2014.

1. SlayerGauge Master Race

I barely played this class in DFO but I was always intrigued by the lagmancer/afk-class/op etc how good are they really, there are different builds to go right? Are there generally agreed upon 'good' ways to build etc? I have major experience with WM and ELEs, so this class would be way different.

2. jmdude Dead Classes of DFO

Guild:
    Ingenious/Communism
    Server:
    Cain
  3. Summoner is one of the best classes in the game in dungeons without gimmicks that summons mess up. They aren't the best at speed running due to having to summon everything, but their damage potential is crazy good. Summoners in DnF are a hell of a lot different compared to what the general thread will be talking about so if a post doesn't say anything about it being from KDnF, there's a good chance it's hella outdated. In DnF you make a build getting some required skills then the rest is mostly preference. Must max skills: Lasher, Mark, Summon Aura, a T1 summon of choice (all are good except wisp sucks, even Naias is good), Zealous Creature, Awakening Passive, Selist, Louise. Ele Burn is a very strong option if you can manage to keep it up 24/7 while multi-summoning. Every single summon is viable now depending on the build you want. If you max any T2, getting the TP is practically a requirement since it's extremely efficient. Echeverria also is NOT an absolute must max anymore. He's still really good, but you can pass on him if you don't plan on getting T2's to make him less expensive. Max every 2nd awakening skill as well. They're way too good to pass up on. That includes the 2nd awakening active.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  4. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Did Awakening Passive get changed?

5. It gives levels to summons, every 5 levels iirc is gives a level to summoned creature aura, and something every 3 levels that I forgot.

6. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Cool.

Isn't Spirit Sacrifice a level 20-something skill now? Does it have a lower cooldown as well?

7. It's level 20 but i don't remember it having lower cooldown. It could and I just forgot.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  8. SlayerGauge Master Race

Are there different styles of summoner? I know vaguely there is a 'sacrafice' summoner, etc. I am just looking for something sick that will plow dungeons.

9. There's sacrifice and regular, but each type is heavily varied depending on player preferences.

10. SlayerGauge Master Race

Are there multiple versions of sacrafice or reg? Or is it 'you are sacrafice or you are regular' and thats that?

11. James ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

He's asking if there's more branches to build/playstyle types other than just Sacrifice/Regular

12. Enoch the Fierce Breathe Again

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I saw one Anton Raid run with like Max Aukuso

did he get changed?

13. Well Aukuso with max tp is 100% chance now so you're guaranteed an army of aukuso every time you use it. They also made the seeds plant and grow a hell of a lot faster.

About build types, it's basically you are sacrifice or not sacrifice, but that doesn't mean the builds aren't varied. You could be sacrifice with aukuso or all T2's or echeverria and etc. All summons are preference now and no summon is bad. You should REALLY remember that sacrifice once you have 2nd awakening no longer kills your T1 because of the moon.

Edit: It's worth mentioning T2's are only worth the sp if you get the TP. I'd say the same for aukuso.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2014
  14. Clarrisia AFK

IGN:
    Clarrisia (look at sig)
    Yup the general thread is hella outdated. I don't play KDnF so I have no idea wtf happened to the class yet.

15. Kyle Banned

16. SlayerGauge Master Race

Omg man, that was so funny....and so true.
    Lagmancers 4tw!

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)