소드마스터 Sword Master Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Sword Master' started by Masaki, Jun 8, 2014.

1. Masaki ( ̿╭╮ ̿)

Believe it or not they're other FSlayer subclasses other than Vagabond. Here we discuss the Queen of FSlayers - Sword Master/Noblesse

For those unfamiliar with the class, educate yourself here. For a more indepth guide, go here (a bit out of date but still mostly correct, namely the weapon mastery values are incorrect for cDnF and kDnF I believe). For up to date Sword Master values (except in kDnF), heres their wiki entry

Here are some Noblesse vids to get you acquainted

My lvl 65 SM running IronScale
    Lvl 71 Bludgeon SM

No Sub Equip/Magic Stone, all magic sealed (cept my lvl 35 Boss Unique Ring bc y not) and Package Avas/Pet/Title. About 1300 str in town.

Here are some more geared recent Noblesses doing end game shit

Farming has never been so easy

Endgame Bludgeon SM!

True Vilmark

Dike FSlayer for president

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. Rdogg114 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭*

IGN:
    SagesseBlanc
    Guild:
    #BLESSED
    Server:
    Cain
    Bludgeon sword master looks pretty fun id try it after Vagabond.

3. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Figure I may as well post my couple videos here in case anyone's interested in some lower level play.

Right after awakening.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  4. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Best DPS Weapon is Short Sword.

5. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

Looks pretty fun, however I feel I'd like the quest much more if the awakening was cooler.

6. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    This class is ded. Someone call Neople. Just play high skillcap Vagabond instead.

7. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Did she get nerfed to the ground like Rogue?

8. Masaki ( ̿╭╮ ̿)

sssshhhhhhh
    not really no, novelty wore off and shes not that favored atm, altho like you said before Short Sword (and now bludgeon) SM is not doing bad at all

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Azrael Frozen Tyrant

Interesting. You'd think the elemental shift would make them highly favored, but I guess a similar occurrence took place with Mmage subs. Glacials were heavily ignored in favor of EB's at first, since it was so easy to level them and clear normal game. I don't see much of either, but I've noticed now days glacial is more popular.

10. Enoch the Fierce Not male fighter

IGN:
    IfYouSeekAmy
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Someone please post a video of that Sword Master with 9 Piece Short Sword set.

She was shooting ice javelins by the millisecond LOL

11. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

does anyone have any videos of endgame ss noblesses?

12. Rurii Does like knives~ <3

Oh my... <3_<3
    I wouldn't mind seeing some more vids of Noblesses <3

13. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    I think everyone should have seen this by now:
    SS SM Vilmark 1m28s

Also the better SS SM weapon:
    Pocket Sader SS SM w/ Bone Red Dragon Ozma

Pocket Sader SS SM w/ Bone Red Dragon Bakal

Pocket Sader SS SM w/ Bone Red Dragon Crack

80 Epic SS Bone Red Dragon = heart buster effect on burned enemies.

But why is everyone talking about SS SM anyway? One of the biggest weaknesses of short sword was that 9 Set "마수" (Long: "마수의 지배자". Master of Demons? Lord of Clutches?) was discovered too early as the savior of this wheelchair class. So as one of the popular and "strong" builds, Neople didn't touch it at all in the last May balance lols. Instead they gave Katana buffs that don't matter, majorly buffed Bludgeon which was already pretty close to SS in powerlevel after the same chronicle rework (9 Set Ancient Illusion), and left Great Sword to still be useless. Neople just make Great Sword mastery make every move a charge move that chunk bursts things pls. Just make GS SM like Alvin from Tales of Xillia.

14. Ritobasu j u s t g e t l u c k y

Server:
    Cain
    SP builds seem pretty easy to do since Awakening no longer takes a fat chunk of it, but how do you go about spending your TP?

15. Jay Ultimate ???

That would really depend on which weapon type you are focusing on.

You'd definitely want Excalibur (40 cube) and True Evil (45 cube) though.

Honestly, the way I see it TP is all preferences.

16. Ritobasu j u s t g e t l u c k y

Server:
    Cain
    Alright, guess those 2 along with Devil Slash TP are mandatory maxed.

[​IMG]

Another question, the skill in hotkey 1 (that's at Lv.15) in this screenshot, what does it actually do? Is it useful to have it at 1 for utility, or is it a skill you max, etc. Couldn't find this skill listed in the jp wiki

17. Masaki ( ̿╭╮ ̿)

you pretend it doesnt exist

18. Jay Ultimate ???

That's one of the newly added skills. I personally find the no real use for it and left it at 0. You can leave it at 1 for utility if you wish, I wouldn't recommend maxing it though.
    Once again, preferences.

19. Zerobeat ¬ヘ¬

I had no idea everyone was hopping on the SS Noblesse, I've been using this Growth Zanbato for god knows how long, but I DO know it blows everything I have and could buy at my level with it's 833 patk, and I'm just about to hit 65.

Say, I've been having some SP troubles (no thanks to getting a skill contract during this event either) and it seems I can't have it all, even with free awakenings.
    Since I'm too lazy to log back onto dnf which could take up to 30 minutes depending on how friendly things want to be, I'll just list what I have here.
    • Max Half Moon
    • Max Flash
    • Max Divine Rise, While I like the damage, I'm considering taking this down a few levels due to its bad tendency to whiff hits depending on placement
    • 10 Speed Slice for EX
    • Max Devil Slash, I think that was the name of the passive
    • Max Awakening Passive, I haven't really gotten a clear answer of what this does other than "makes me stronger"
    • Max Skill Cancel
    • Trying to max 60 EX, seems really difficult to get all of the hits in though, since it appears to work best on standing targets
    Things that I'd consider vital
    • Max Excalibur
    • Max Wicked Cutter
    • Max Lightning Cut
    • Max Phys Crit
    • Max Chain Slash
    • Max Upper because why the hell not
    • I'll just go ahead and assume 70 EX is far more useful than 60 EX
    TP:
    • Chain Slash
    • Speed Slice
    • Wicked Cutter
    • Excalibur
    • Lightning Cut
    Another question, if I get a sub equip with Chain Slash EX, do I get even more slashes, and is it worth buying?
    Haven't tried the vacuum base skill, but it doesn't seem worth using, I did use the Cross Slash for a time and it was rather weak, it's either 1 level of that or of the illusion skill as a skill spam inbetween stronger attacks

20. Masaki ( ̿╭╮ ̿)

Speed Slice over Devil Slash TP?

Getting TP for a skill you only plan to get to level 10?

Ok for the sake of simplicity, heres your Skeleton Great Sword Noblesse build

The spare sp can be dumped into any combination of Chain Slash, 60 EX, Speed Slice, Hop Smash, Awakening Passive.

Remember: Max or Min, no inbetween level 10 stuff. Here would be my example of a complete build

the 60 EX is awkward to use but if you set it up properly with cancels, you can consistently land all the hits on most enemies and its still extremely efficient for damage per sp spent (like p much every single ex skill in the game)

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)

1. maikatase