Swift Master General Discussion

Discussion in 'Swift Master' started by Jay, Aug 18, 2016.

1. Furishan

Hey does anyone know if "Mecha Tau's Mechanical Spine" is any good on swift? Looking for a decent weapon until I get an epic one.

2. Sony

Hello guys, i recently just came back from dfo and been just lurking in the forums. I have a question regarding the chronicle spiral set for buff swapping.

what does it mean when it says windiness att bonus +10?

3. KShrike

I've yet to have a bug where vortex did nothing and I use it quite a bit. I wonder if it's related to the cancelling you're doing. At this point a workaround would be to just not cancel into vortex hurricane.
    A shame because cancelling is part of the class.

4. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    It's exactly an issue with Headwind cancelling. Headwind's buggy af.

5. KShrike

I haven't really been using headwind myself. Any point I could be using headwind I could be using either Eye of the Storm or Storm Quaker, so I guess it could be more of a filler at best. Does headwind superhold mobs? (it's been off my bar since like... 40, and I'm at max level farming without it)

6. Rain Senpai!!!!11

IGN:
    Hydrargyrum
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    no seconds awakening next patch, time to wait till April 25th

7. Pyros

Well it's just another tool with a low cd and reasonable damage and good range/aoe. Quaker is on 40secs cd and EotS isn't up all the time either so I use it a lot.

Also it's useful for cancelling stuff, specifically Relentless Biting Winds. You can RBW > Headwind cancel > Storm Strike cancel so storm strike hits during the hold part of RBW. Maybe you can do that with enough speed but without avatars and shit only halidoms, it doesn't connect fast enough on stuff that can iframe right after the hold(for example bird lady in canyon or the blue witch or whatever else). Cancelling adds a bit of damage from Headwind and increases the speed at which you execute the combo so feels worth it to me.

There's also the fact you're swimming in SP anyway.

8. KShrike

That's the only part that bothers me. I can put a level in it simply because I have the SP now, but odds are 2A will disallow this by adding a bunch of skills to sink our sp into.

9. Takashi Nen Gunner

IGN:
    Yaira
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    I got Wind Striker 9pc. and Its garbage.
    Storm Quaker explodes instantly and mobs are left around you not centered in one spot.
    The instant Storm Strike effect doesn't work. that was the main effect i wanted to see too.
    back to grinding for Typoon pieces

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Aeon Has an affinity with shortswords

IGN:
    VolGrando
    Server:
    Cain
    RIP....guess you saved me some work on seeing how "instant" the punch is. :mysterysolved:

11. Tanuki moving at incredbl hihg sped

wind striker is the cancel set. It makes those skills compact so you can do sonic move in and out of every one. Does that sound stupid to you? than its not for you

12. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    I'll reiterate: you can't be too late nor too soon with Highwind canceling. Scratch that; you can't be sure when Highwind canceling. The glitch wants to ruin your day whenever it feels like it. I pegged Swift Master would be the M.Mage equivalent to the Battle Mage, and now it seems that comparison is little too close.

• Wizard Wizard x 1
    • Classy Classy x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
  13. Takashi Nen Gunner

IGN:
    Yaira
    Guild:
    Signify
    Server:
    Cain
    But you can already move in and out of all your skills with Sonic Move.

14. KShrike

Last edited: Mar 21, 2017
  15. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    VagrantEX/August
    Server:
    Cain
    Two more free QL's to get. And I'm already halfway towards getting my 4th on this class. Talk about life in the fast lane.

16. Pyros

Well better gear for one since obviously you'd go faster killing everything in one skill than 2. Probably want to awaken first on boss since it boosts the rest of your damage.

But Bloody lane is garbage until infinite rework anyway(or well one of the patches around that time), once they patch that in it'll be 40secs clear cause you don't have to do the stupid train shit anymore(Marcella jumps in on the first wave).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  17. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Finally got 90 after completing like, the literal last Scenario quest of the entire storyline.

Gotta say, a 30% damage increase and 3 new skills would be reeeeeeaaaally nice. Things stopped wanting to die in Pandemonium.

18. Pyros

Yeah pandemonium was quite a slog even with a full epic gale force helping with the dmg. Was still faster than some other shitty alts I leveled though cause of the grouping potential, makes the annoying rooms better but the class is noticeably weaker than some other stuff due to the lack of 2nd awakening passives+actives.

19. Hova Chasing the wind

Server:
    Cain
    Not even just that.
    Our 1st Awakening passive can quite easily do nothing for us because of the fact it's Crit Damage and Swiftmaster only gets a measly 5% crit from his Leather mastery.
    Most other classes with a Crit Damage passive gain a fair amount of crit in their kit themselves, but Swiftmaster's just left out to dry, which makes it especially annoying right now because without 2nds an ungeared Swiftmaster basically only has Windiness to work with.

20. KShrike

... fuck... I even remember reading that tooltip but I didn't put two and two together to open it on bosses...
    To be fair I also thought it was just for the skill itself, and not an active buff since I couldn't find a duration. Thanks for helping me out.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)