Swift Katana Mastery?

Discussion in 'Sword Master' started by RavenKiro, Jul 11, 2015.

1. RavenKiro Keh-keh-keh hello !

What are its perks?

2. moved to sword master forum

3. Hiyuu You PC?

IGN:
    Kuroiel
    Guild:
    Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    it's not very good, the new x attack string is garbage and the bonuses are not worth the SP

4. mac2492

The new X string has a very iffy hitbox, and it's not recommendable unless you just like how it looks.
    Sliding Slash can inflict bleed but the chance is fixed at 33% (further reduced on monsters higher level than you) with unremarkable damage and duration.
    Quick Draw is stronger when you cancel into it and you get another cancel for Blade Dance.

It's not complete trash but compared to the other masteries it's simply not as good. If you want to try something fun perhaps max Elemental Shift, Sliding Slash + TP then go Dark and watch things bleed and burn as you poke and slide around. Cancel into Quick Draw from normals and Sliding Slash off cooldown. Still wouldn't recommend it, but to each their own. =D

Wait for the rework where it's still not as good as Short Sword/Bludgeon but at least it's good at Blade Dance canceling. Increased damage, decreased cooldown, more cancels, etc. Rough translation here.

5. RavenKiro Keh-keh-keh hello !

Let's say somebody was great at skill canceling, and does quite often. would it still do decent damage?

6. mac2492

You can do decent damage with any weapon given enough funding, but in comparison to the other weapons you'll be weaker given the same level of equipment.
    Only Quick Draw gets a boost to damage from canceling in our version. The bleeding on Swift Sword is useless, even with maxed Sliding Slash and its TP. Can't even proc it with any reliability and when it procs the damage is unnoticeable. If you like to cancel then the +2 free cancels is useful, though it won't directly increase your damage. Maxing Crescent + TP and canceling into it (basic attack or skill) whenever it's up is probably your best shot. I actually find Katanas very fun, esp with a Swift Sword (NO TP, just press Z to cancel it), Sliding Slash, Crescent focused build. Incredibly swift and mobile thanks to Katana's Fast speed rating. It's simply not up to par with other weapons damage-wise. The base damage is also lower and the Magic Damage is wasted on Sword Master since she's full Physical.

If you want fun then it doesn't matter what weapon you use. If you want efficiency I'd go with Bludgeon (Mountain Press, Illusion Sword, Arcane Sword Blast) for map clear and Zanbato (charged Crescent, Swift Demon Slash) for bosses currently.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  7. The Guildmarm Be safe, Doodle!

Guild:
    The Capital C!
    Server:
    Cain
    I use Katana because it's fun. I love the X-string and the whole Iaijutsu angle really fits the class in my opinion.

8. RavenKiro Keh-keh-keh hello !

That's the whole reason why I picked katana, I mean even in her picture she has a katana . - .

9. mac2492

Just came back to say that I was wrong about one key aspect of Swift Katana Mastery. The game incorrectly translates Blade Dance as Quick Draw, which I interpreted as Crescent (the F.Slayer version of M.Slayer's Quick Draw). The mastery does indeed increase the damage of all skills when canceled with Blade Dance, on top of the +1-2 extra cancels. This is supported by the wiki and by my own in-game tests.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)