Super buggy shit class

Discussion in 'Grappler' started by Masaki, May 25, 2014.

1. Masaki ( ̿╭╮ ̿)

Alright look, I've never played a MGrap in my life. What the fuck are these super debilitating bugs this class, and apparently only this class, has? Everytime this class is discussed outside of the MGrap community all I see is "Wah wah bugs bugs wah cant play wah shit bugs wahhh"

90% of the people who claim this have never touched the class. At best they got their release MGraps up to level 22.

I've partied with some good MGraps back in the day. I didnt notice any bugs while they raped everything in sight. Even back when MFighters were just released stateside and I was leveling my MBrawler, I didnt notice any bugs while partying with other MGraps.

So what are these bugs? Why is it that people who never play the class witness these bugs so often yet mysteriously theres no video proof to accompany their claims? Why is it that the MGrap community never actually witness any of these bugs and seem to do just fine?

Now im not saying the class isnt a bit wonky and kinda lacks fluidity in their skills (which is the exact opposite of FGraps), Im just wondering what these amazing super broken bugs are that havent been fixed in like 4 years

2. Yoowy Anele

Guild:
    TheSilverPig GM
    Server:
    Cain
    When they 1st came out in DnF it was bad with bugs i don't have any videos but they fixed them. My m grap was level 53 and i didn't notice any bugs in dfo what so ever. I think the m graps that cry "bugs" are referring to lag because boy the lag cripples m grappler badly.
    EDIT: I do remember 1 bug in dfo with Spin kick where it would make enemy get stuck but spin kick again and it undo it. Not sure if this was ever fixed in dfo.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  3. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    It's just the nature of their skills in conjunction with Overwhelming Grab. It creates a wonky hitbox, which normally isn't a problem, but with lag it potentially bugs out and flat out misses at times. I played a M.Grap in DFO into the mid-late 50s, but was soloing so I never really encountered any problems.

4. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    M.Grapplers are for the most part fine in kDNF currently. I've played one from 1-60 there and I haven't encountered any issues.

Back when they were first released though, they were pretty fucked up. Rolling Spike could bug out bosses and make them invincible/not die, Shoulder Tackle could make you freeze in place and you couldn't get out of it unless you were hit. I dunno how I managed to play them on DFO all the way up to 70 looking back... then again now I remember, I had like a bunch of level up tickets lol.

5. Tanuki moving at incredbl hihg sped

Known bugs in DFO would include but not limited to;
    -Shoulder Tackle freezing in the start up position
    -Rolling Spike having a latency issue causing the enemy to retain the particle effects and become invulnerable.
    -Wild Cannon Spike having damage register issues; Usually on ungrabbable monsters
    -Fling will freeze sometimes when grabbing a monster(?)
    -A notorious bug that would cause the game to crash if they used air steiner I believe.. but this only effects some peoples computers.

Those are all I've encountered. The rolling spike bug only happens when you're in a party, I never saw it once solo.
    I want to say there was something with knee drop but I vaguely remember.

Regardless. The class is still very playable(I played through to 70 twice). It plays like a chess game making you remember how every room is cluttered and composed so you can efficiently approach it with which and what combination of moves. Grappler that just spam cubes on every enemy is doing it wrong. M.grappler feels like it wants to be speed clear the class but a geared m.striker will always outdamage it by quite a bit.

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  6. Dubin carried by fmage

I'm pretty sure that was just Shoulder Tackle in general. I remember having to get knocked out of my fgrapp's Shoulder Tackle charge position several times.

7. Lux

Has anyone encountered any of these bugs in alpha so far? I got a male grap to level 45 and haven't encountered much of anything. I never really had a problem with the class at all back in the nexon era though.

Oh yeah, and Mgrap a shit. Buggy class. 0/10

8. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    As far as I remember most of the most gamebreaking bugs were fixed in the Nexon era. I remember experiencing a majority of those but also remember a lot of them getting fixed before the Nexon Appocalypse.

Bugs I know for sure are fixed:
    - Air Steiner no longer causes the game to crash
    - Shoulder Tackle no longer gets stuck while charging and no longer will get you stuck in Terrain.
    - Rolling Spike won't make mobs invulnerable anymore

Bugs that probably still exist:
    -Slam Kick can get you stuck in terrain sometimes.
    -Rolling Spike can "glitch" out ungrabbable mobs by making them unable to attack until you grab them again. The most well known use of this bug is using it to glitch out Delezie in Reshpon and make the whole fight cakewalk. I actually beat one of the Floors of Tower of Despair (Whatever the one was with the BM that uses Awakening) because of this.
    - Skills will sometimes flat out do no damage. This is usually connection based though.
    - Focused Fury will sometimes do ABSOLUTELY nothing when you use it. It will still go on Cooldown and it will still consume Mana + Clear Cube Fragments when this happens. This tends to usually happen if you try to use it while moving because it works poorly with Sliding Grab.

Last edited: May 28, 2014
  9. Judex

IGN:
    Judex
    That AND "Counter Strike: Fixed a problem where it would only apply to the first strike of grab skills."

10. AkiraR

masaki pls

you're gonna kill everyone with the truth.

every gat dam time ppl shit talk about a class they have next to no clue about and haven't even taken it to OV/Ancient speed clear level
    zzzz

11. Ring

IGN:
    Ring/Juan(Juan Puns)
    Guild:
    Communism/Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    You're supposed to solo everything on Mgrap

12. tr4v15 that guy

IGN:
    ArcaneLance
    My only experiences with m grap were to around lvl35 in DFO and I didn't really run into any "bugs" when soloing the entire time.

13. Enoch the Fierce Quit.

IGN:
    BornThisWhey
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I think Grab Cannon does too little damage.

(Maybe its the reason why WCS does far more damage on Ungrabbables)

14. Nylfir DESTROYED

IGN:
    Ragnvaldr / Nylfir
    wut
    wcs does more damage on ungrabbables because its meant to work that way

15. AkiraR

lol you're gonna need to play to like, cap and beyond to find anything

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)