Summoner General Thread/Discussion

Discussion in 'Summoner' started by Clarrisia, May 22, 2014.

1. Clarrisia AFK

IGN:
    Clarrisia (look at sig)
    Since this didn't exist, just leaving this here for whatever summoner players we have left (if any? lol if I'm the only one).

My Old Builds (I WILL BE UPDATING THIS ONCE LAUNCH HAPPENS):
    http://arad.ofli.es/plan/summoner/AgAAAMWUCs HAcWVGsWXBcWYBcWZGsWaBcWbAcWcF8WgF8WhBcWiFcWjFcWnBcWoEsWpEMWvAcW5A8W6A8W3AcK9HsOMHsOQAQoBz6gbz6kbz6oPz64Uz68Uz7EIw5kDw50DxbQCxbUCxbYC

http://arad.ofli.es/plan/summoner/AgAAAMWUCs HAcWXBcWYBcWZGsWaBcWbAcWcBcWfCsWgF8WhCsWiFcWjFcWnFcWoEsWpEMWvAcW5A8W6A8W3AcK9HsOMHsOQAQoBz6gbz60Fz64Uz7EIz7IKz7QKw5kDw50DxbQCxbYC0JgD

http://arad.ofli.es/plan/summoner/AgAAAMWUCs HAcWVA8WXBcWYBcWZGsWaBcWbAcWcF8WfCsWgF8WhBcWiFcWjFcWnFcWoEsWpEMWvAcW5A8W6A8W3AcK9CsOMHsOQAQoBz6gbz60Fz64Uz7EIz7IKz7QKw5kDxbQCxbUCxbYC0JgD

Note: I never really like using Ele Burn or grabbing Library or any of those, but if you like those skills than modify as you need.

Some General Guidelines (for non-sacrifice Summoners): (if you're a sac summy, I can't help you)
    Max Echeverria
    Max Louise
    Max Summoned Creature Aura
    Max ONE Tier 1 Summon
    Max at LEAST one Tier 2 Summon
    Max Selist
    Lv 1 Zealous Creature
    Lv 1 Summoner's Train

QP:
    Max INT

TP:
    Max Lasher
    Lv 2 (at least) Lesser Spirit Upgrade

Some Summoner Skill Changes:
    http://dfcentral.com/2013/07/17/dnf-new-balance-3/2/
    - Credit: Nier

Last edited: May 25, 2014
  2. Pacifista

IGN:
    BMaiden - TLaw
    Server:
    Cain
    I'm going to main a Summoner first... So a few advices of what to build for farming and PvE and how to handle early lvl will come handy. :)

3. Clarrisia AFK

IGN:
    Clarrisia (look at sig)
    In general most Summoner builds are very similar. Most max Hodor, Sandor, and maybe Freet. Max 1 T1 summon. Wisps are easiest to multi-summon, but Stalkers are by far the strongest and have OTG capabilities. Pick 2 T2's to max, commonly Glaerin and Aquarius. Max Louise, Eche.

I'd say we sort of struggle until ~35 when we get Louise. But after we get Louise and certainly after Eche, it's steamroll time.

I had this build mostly: http://arad.ofli.es/plan/summoner/A...Bz6gbz6kbz6oPz64Uz68Uz7EIw5kDw50DxbQCxbUCxbYC

I'll need to re-evaluate the QP and TP distribution.

4. Pacifista

IGN:
    BMaiden - TLaw
    Server:
    Cain
    What is good about Freet? Why not max wisp and stalker? :o

5. Dice Dragon Top Kekrator

IGN:
    LittleBobs
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    He is one of the highest damage summons. He also does fire damage.

6. Nier FPriest main since 2017

If we get the patch where EX T2 passives allow you to have 2 T2 spirits, I'd roll one.

7. Clarrisia AFK

IGN:
    Clarrisia (look at sig)
    I've never heard of this. Is that in DnF (KR) already? Any info you have would be great Azm.

I actually dropped Freet on my second build and opted to go for 3 T2 summons: Glaerin, Aquarius and Hulk.

I guess the pro's of Freet are (generally):
    1. Contract summon, lasts long
    2. High damage

However, after they got rid of one of Freets attacks (can't remember which) and replaced it with his current Bite attack, he's not as good anymore, which is why I said "maybe Freet". It's preference, I didn't miss him when I took him out in my second build.

8. Nier FPriest main since 2017

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Clarrisia AFK

IGN:
    Clarrisia (look at sig)
    Awwww shits, that's going to be legit. But we have like so little TP ... oh wait 85cap. K nvm LOL

Thanks Azm!

EDIT:
    Holy shit those changes.
    - Eche no longer requires sacrifice <3
    - Louise EX -> 20% chance per level to summon a higher lvl Louise :drools:
    - Mass teleport is going to be so troll hahaha. Not sure on the Hold passive :S
    - Can't stack Mark .. not sure how I feel about this.
    - No more knockdown from Sandor ... I'm inclined to say that's a good thing but ... we'll see.
    - More levels of Aura is good .. if it means we still have enough SP for the other stuff.

10. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

I kinda wanna remake a summoner and use an ador build. So much super armor endgame = more DPS compared to stalkers.

11. Clarrisia AFK

IGN:
    Clarrisia (look at sig)
    Has this been verified? I stopped following anything DFO/DnF related after it got shut down so my info may be outdated. Just recently started playing CDnF, but gave that shit up because you can't do shit if you don't spend a shit ton of money.

12. Hatsukoi sugoi

IGN:
    Koihman
    Server:
    Cain
    Clarissia, I was wondering if you could post a short guide (only has to be a post-long) for prospective sac summys. :) thank yoU!

13. Clarrisia AFK

IGN:
    Clarrisia (look at sig)
    I would ... if I knew a thing about Sac Summy's.

I have a guide (not written by me) that covers some of Sac Summy stuff though; I'm still deciding if I should post it, since I didn't write it.

EDIT: I see where the confusion came, the original post should've said "if you're a sac summy, I CAN'T help you"

14. Dubin carried by fmage

SAC SUMMY NEW META ERRBODY ABANDON REGULAR BUILD

15. Clarrisia AFK

IGN:
    Clarrisia (look at sig)
    Definitely viable.

I asked the guy who streams DnF on weekends, and apparently after the new patch (where you can summon 2 T1's at once and have 2 T2's out as well) most people go with almost a pure Spirit based build; i.e.: Max 4 T2's, Louise, Eche; oddly enough that guy didn't even max a T1.

16. vera farmiga what life form does god take the most delight in?

i saw that vid and isnt that on a test server?

adors have a chance to attack more than once

17. Dubin carried by fmage

I don't even care
    just want my kamikazee spirits

18. burritoblob KingGodEmperor충무공GeneralTheMajestyDOFOMaster

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    I remember beginning telling me that that silly thing he keeps on doing with furnace + reva pet to go way past the summon limit doesn't work anymore after that patch. That's more sadness sounding to me lol.

19. I made a Naias summoner (only level 38 so far) and the AI for Naias is less retarded than I thought. They always use their ranged ability when it's off cooldown and they are very aggressive with mark on an enemy. They are still a bit passive compared to ador and stalker without a marked target, but they aren't retarded like wisp. I had a stalker summoner in old DFO so I'm aware of how aggressive stalkers are, but Naias seems to be thought of as worse than it really is.

Plus they're absolutely adorable.

I also noticed in a future patch they removed Ratria defensive aura. Does anyone know why? Did they replace it with a different aura? It doesn't say any new aura replaced it in the patch notes, and it doesn't say any of the other 60 EX spirits had their aura removed.

20. Why is it that I see summoners without Echeverria in KDnF?

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)