Summoner General PvP Basic Guide/Thread

Discussion in 'Summoner' started by MagicalPuttemtator, Dec 22, 2015.

1. MagicalPuttemtator (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IGN:
    Kyaaaaaaaaaa
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    :fmage: This has been UPDATED. (7/21/2016)

I play a Summoner myself! (IGN: Kyaaaaaaaaaa) I'm in the mid-1800s RP range. All of this is based off my experiences, so feel free to add on.
    Note: We got NERFED hard. I made another post explaining the nerfs and changes in more detail. RIP Sac build.

Summoner Guide:

Summoners are honestly hated like the plague, and usually targeted first in Brawls. What makes them unique and diverse from other classes is their immense ability to summon, duh. Most of their class skills are summons, which make their movesets complicated, yet limited at the same time. However, Summoners can still combo and do decent amount of damage by themselves.

Basic Skills:
    The skills all summoners need to max are: Mana Shield, Phase Shift, Indomitable Spirit, and arguably Sky Assault and Palm Blast.
    You AT LEAST need these skills to PvP seriously.
    • Palm blast can be leveled 30+ because the higher the level, the faster you go--which is extremely useful for escaping and catching. Also, a fully charged palm blast can bounce opponents off walls, leaving them more open for juggling.
    • Sky Assault should be maxed because the higher you level, the higher you launch. Even if you just want to run away, launching opponents will give you time to summon.
    *Other skills to keep in mind are Leap & Aerial Lantern Firebomb for escaping, Disenchant to remove buffs from other mages, and Showtime to increase casting speed and lower cool downs. Magic Missile and Summoner's Train are highly recommended. Remember that you only have so much SP to spend skills on!
    Mark the Target! is a useful skill, but you can either level it once or max it depending on your build. The REVAMP made this skill able to flinch and juggle opponents. Before, it used to just make opponents drop instantly.

Builds:
    There are 2 kinds of Summoners: The Tier 2 Spirit/Hired Contracts Summoner (T2) and the Sacrifice Summoner (Sac).
    *Sac builds are hybrids, and been nerfed with summoning limitations. If there are any points invested in T1 spirit Sacrifices, you can only summon 2 Hired contracts and 1 T2 Spirit at a time.

Tier 2 Summoner
    T2 Summoners have their own share of Strengths and Weaknesses. T2 Summoners use Tier 2 Spirit summons (Like Flame Hulk and Aquarius), but they require using up their respective lesser summons to summon them (Ador and Naias). T2 Summoners also use Spirit King Eccheveria and lots of hired summons (More info about hired summons later on).

THEY also can use up to 4~5 Hired contracts at a time, if there are no SP invested in Sacrifice and its Passives.

MAX Mark the Target! if you are going with this build. It increases the hostility range of your summons and increases the damage of their attacks.

You should try focus on 2 of the elemental T2 Spirits for the sake of SP. Flame Hulk/Dead Murker are close-ranged and Aquarius/Glaerin are long-ranged. Choose your 2 elements wisely (However, the limit is 3, so go nuts). Lasher and Zealous Creature are surprisingly useful.
    If you like to run away and let your summons do all the work, this is the build for you.

Benefits:
    • Summons will inflict massive damage if you manage to hit players with Mark the Target!. This will be your main way of dealing damage and the skill has some decent range.
    • If you are caught in a combo, your summons will most of the time intervene and disrupt the attacker. They'll be a lot more willing to save you, instead of just standing there, if you use Summoner's Train.
    • Using Zealous Creature will make your Summons go crazy. Their visual range, hostility, and speed increases dramatically and they go ham on your opponents if you manage to use Mark the Target!.
    • Spirit King Echeverria is your greatest and most annoying summon. He likes to teleport behind players and attack. He is a decent meatshield. His ranged attacks have wide range and create some distance between you and the attacker.
    • Able to summon a massive army that blocks the screen.

Disadvantages:
    • Summoning takes up time, which is something YOU DO NOT have. You're more prone to attacks and take massive damage in addition to your low hp.
    • If your summons are too low-leveled, they can die easily, (Especially to cube attacks with HUGE range. Like Beserker's Hell Bringer) leaving you all alone.
    • Most of your summons' time duration is about 19 seconds. You'll have to find time to summon again once they disappear.
    • Bad match-ups. Most of the time, you'll face close ranged players that won't hesitate to stop you from summoning.

Sacrifice Summoner
    This build is a lot simpler since there are fewer summons to worry about. Sacrifice Summoners can summon up to 7 lesser elementals (T1 spirits) at a time and prepare them for a huge explosion for massive damage!
    With the skill revamp, the Sacrifice range has been nerfed drastically.

NERF: Summoning Limits:
    (Any SP invested in sacrifice will result in Summon Limitations)
    -Hired Contracts: 2 at a time
    -T2 Spirits: 1 at a time
    "What the Fu- *BOOOOOOM!*"

Pro tip: Focus only on 3 elements for the sake of SP. Ador and Stalker sacrifices do more damage than Wisp and Naias sacrifices. However, Naias' sacrifice can freeze other players, giving you a few seconds. Ador and Stalker sacrifice ranges are almost nonexistent. Wisp and Naias have the biggest ranges.

Sac Summoners use Magic Missile and Summoner's Train a lot. Summoner's Train is useful for bringing your summons close to you and camping in a corner against close-ranged players. Turning it off will spread out your summons across the map against long-ranged players.

Benefits:
    • Less complex and more organized. Sacrifice is like a moving camp and lowers elemental resistances.
    • Can summon very quickly, especially with very high casting speed. Up to 7 lesser elements at a time.
    • Massive amounts of damage through sacrifice (Like 5~7 spirits).
    • Can freeze players through Naias's sacrifice, giving you time.
    • Good match-ups. Players with no range or piercing range attacks whatsoever will struggle fighting against you because they're constantly within your exploding range. (Ex. Strikers).
    Disadvantages:
    • If your summons are low-leveled, they can die easily.
    • Nerfed ranges make it so that the explosions are almost non-existant.
    • Summoned Limitations make it so that you cannot summon everything. Only 2 Hired contracts and 1 T2 Spirit to summon. (However, there is still access to Eccheveria)
    • Bad match-ups. Launchers are your ENEMY. Also other melee classes that know what they're doing, like slayers. Female Spitfires are cancer. Some are smart enough to avoid and damage you, winning by time. Female Grapplers are also a HUGE No-No. They'll grope you and your summons hard and are invincible from Sacrifice while grabbing.

Hired Summons Guide
    Both Builds can no longer use these equally. Hired summons last longer and are easier to use. They serve as the ultimate meat shields that can disrupt enemy attacks. If you are going with any Spirit build, keep in mind that you do NOT have to max them. You can just level them high enough so they have all their skills and a sturdy amount of HP.
    *T2 Spirit Builds are able to summon Hired Contracts with a 4~5 Hired Contract Summoning Limit.
    Summoning Limit: If you invest points in T1 spirits Sacrifice Passives, you can only summon 2~3 at a time.
    If you have no points invested in T1 spirits Sacrifice Passives, you can summon all the hired contracts at once (4~5).

• Hodor Panzer: One of your best meatshields and his attacks have nice range. His club can stun.
    • Freet: #BestSummon. He'll save you thousands of times from other players by knocking them down with his fireball (This is your longest range summon). It has incredibly huge range and agressive with Summoner's Train. Always summon this first in a match.
    • Black Knight Sandor: Also a nice meatshield. Can be quite agressive. His melee attacks have very limited range and can hit downed opponents. Can save you from combos if he doesn't die first. (Optional)
    • Hell Flower Akuso: Like a long-ranged stationary tower that protects you from ranged attacks (Ex. M mage neutral X or Ranger's moving shot). At high levels, he can inflict confusion and attack with his stems. Extremely useful. (Optional)
    • Big Sis Louise: Does the most damage out of all of them. Some people put her only a few levels for SP , but she can still do decent amounts of damage. Her ice attacks have huge range and has a chance to freeze opponents. She sends a small meteorite upon death that launches the opponent.
    There are some PvP clips in the comments below~
    Hope this thread helps. Reply if you have any questions or just want to talk about PvP

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    people say they suck because they hate fighting them.
    I also like the sac build and later it gets extremely buffed. My only issue is the god damn lag making it so hard to actually do any juggling.
    mark the target doesn't stack
    I disagree about echeverria for sac. I find eche to be amazing all around because of telecounter and long range high damage attacks.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  3. Doots

IGN:
    Doots
    Guild:
    Dream
    Server:
    Cain
    I also disagree with you on Eche. Eche can close matches just by being on screen. He's just that annoying and that much of a screen presence that i can't cut him in any build.

4. MagicalPuttemtator (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IGN:
    Kyaaaaaaaaaa
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    That was just my personal opinion, but a lot of people prefer having Eche. Also the summoner revamp will make summoner able to multi-summon tier 1 spirits, so I'm hyped for that. The revamp will also make Mark the Target! a cancellable skill (I think?) and it helps juggle instead of dropping the opponent.

5. MagicalPuttemtator (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IGN:
    Kyaaaaaaaaaa
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    My bad, did not mean to put "stacked". I fixed it.

6. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    a lot of skills will hit stun/flinch a person later on. mark the target and magic missle are noticable watching streams and yes sac becomes very very powerful with the pvp update. Even then sac summoners only get like 3 in mark

7. MagicalPuttemtator (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IGN:
    Kyaaaaaaaaaa
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    I wasn't so sure if the revamped mark the target actually made people flinch O:
    People already call me op but just imagine what the next revamp would do XD I heard that the revamp would "balance" other characters like DKs, but I'm not entirely sure. Right now they're just floating rumors, but does anyone know where we can find further info about pvp revamps? I only heard about f rangers and Summoners so far.

Other than that, I wonder if Summoner will grow more popular after the revamp, because I never faced against any other Summoners in ranked PvP so far.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2015
  8. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    you should watch some of the korean summoner vids . It's very noticable
    I doubt it mostly because
    1. the lag is annoying
    2. summoner gets countered easily by a huge portion of the population ( rush classes) unless you know how to bait out skills and punish.
    3. oh right i forgot about hackers hue

9. MagicalPuttemtator (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IGN:
    Kyaaaaaaaaaa
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    Yah, this is one of the videos of an eclipse in KR PvP. The guy is either a Lord or Deity rank, and hes really good. Most of the classes that I struggle against are monks and zerks, but the shadow dancer looks scary.

Yup, mark the target does make people flinch, but the immobility is really low and they instantly recover.
    One of the best matches starts at 12:53-15:00.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  10. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    SD is just... op. The damage out put is stupid tier.

11. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    fire enchant still the way to go for weapon?
    also level difference in matk on epic weapons is insanely small its like uh 20 matk between 60 and 85 and it's way stronger than mseal somewhere around 100ish matk more than 80mseal

12. MagicalPuttemtator (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IGN:
    Kyaaaaaaaaaa
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, I would put Fire enchant on the weapon. It would do more damage with the lower elemental resistance from sacrifice, and a boost if you have any fire auras. Binoche cards are like 7 mil in AH the last time I checked.

The dif between M attack on epic and unique weapons isn't much, but the small difference in INT and base attack will raise your Magic attack by a significant amount. You can compare the stats of your weapon to the DFOpedia in your inventory, which shows the highest stats of all gears.
    My current weapon (lvl. 80 Superior Unique Rod) has +84 INT, +422 Base Attack and +29 elemental damage.
    However, a lvl. 85 Epic will have a +91 INT, +453 Base Attack and +39 elemental damage.

The main way to raise your attack is by having lvl85 legendary/epic sub equips. Those raise ALL your stats TREMENDOUSLY. I have more health than half of the people in PvP, which shouldn't be possible for a Summoner. XD

If you're farming for an epic, try going for a requiem rod. It has the same stats as Liberation in PvP and it only takes around 50 days to get it; however, It's 100% guaranteed. I'm farming one right now and it'll raise my M. attack by a hundred or so once I get it. Epic is still better, but at least the weapon is lvl 85 and stronger than Unique.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  13. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    I'd rather sell a requiem for cash than use one specifically for pvp
    That's still hilarious lvl 60 epic has +10 matk / +24 base / -2 ele / -19 int ompared to a uniq 80 rod
    edit: i didnt even look at max stats. All epics have the same matk / base. only difference is ele damage / int/immobility

14. MagicalPuttemtator (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IGN:
    Kyaaaaaaaaaa
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    Lol, the level and quality of the gear affect stats drastically T-T
    The requiem weap is untradeable, but needed to craft the liberation weapon which you can sell. Making a liberation weapon sux af tho huehue

15. MagicalPuttemtator (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

IGN:
    Kyaaaaaaaaaa
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    For MekoChan. Just 2 replays with sacrifice combos.

These matches took place before summoner NERF
    The best one starts at 2:33

16. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    lol wtf was that wm doing
    also witches are ridiculously rare to fight. On par with ek rarity

17. Gamzatti

Hello i love cuddles and questions, i have one right now, is good leave Sandor at level 1?? on pvp?

18. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    Summoners seem on part with witches now which means dead class in pvp. I guess it was the nerf?
    To answer your question sandor isn't used anymore because sac reduces the max amount of minions you can use. Every summoner goes sac now. I've yet to see a non sac summoner ( or a summoner for that matter. I mean i saw 1 or 2 in like 200 matches.).
    You want hodor / Efreet / Echeverria / 10 points louise i believe. I think zealous creature isn't used anymore either.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)