Summary of Upcoming Update (April 6th)

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Jay, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Vatar

I completely agree, having 5 people work on x and 5 work on y can be much more efficient than 10 people on x, it's a common misconception in development that increasing the number of people working on x will necessarily efficiently accelerate progress. It is very likely that the team working on these new features are independant of the team working on luke, balance, etc therefore not delaying their work.

How low can the kdnf players get, they even mentionned in a recent interview it'd take them a while to find a solution to the phys/magic luke imbalance.
    Just like you said, it was probably in the work for a good time and they simply released it so that the small feature team can start working on something else and keep the kdnf players busy while the big feature/balance team continue to work on what's awaited.

It's all "if" though, maybe the kdnf players do know how their neople is structured and it's actually a uber small team.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
  2. Garyuu *sigh*

IGN:
    BlueMagnolia
    Steam:
    StigroOne
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Kinda have to agree here. I'm pretty much in the boat where everything about this revamp looks good except the removal of the assist system. And frankly, if there's a feature virtually "no one" cares about (myself included), why shouldn't a dev team revamp it? Just the fact that Ferrero's got multiple dungeons for specific drops is already a plus. My only concern if the increased drop rates make a difference or if the stat bonuses and merc reward rates aren't that much better

3. The backlash is most certainly because of how it looks.
    Yes, this was probably in the works by people not working on the ohgodthebalance team for quite some time, but when there is a major problem that you say you're addressing and then come update time you release something completely different without saying anything about the horrific balance problems.
    This leads the update to look like they decided to just revamp these systems that nobody cares about instead of working on fixing what people care about.

It is a very simple PR screw up. All they had to do was give a short blurb with the update saying that they are working the fix and it will be coming down the line. That lets the players know that things are going to get fixed and that the devs aren't just sitting there drinking cups filled with physcal character tears. Some sort of assurance that it won't go in to soonTM.

4. NERVNQSR

I kinda get why the assist system got trashed, but it was still a very cool feature and should've been kept in some way. Other than that, I see nothing but advancements. Explorer and honor level felt really incongruous to me, so giving them a significant value over marginally more stats or showing off a dumb emblem is a big plus. Explorer droprate increases seem like a very decent payoff for committing to your characters.

The backlash seems stupid. It's unavoidable when most players are ignorant like that, but I feel like neople should've foresaw it and avoided it with a simple "we're still working on it guys, don't worry!"

5. mms0208 A Certain Ressurected Translator Passing by

IGN:
    The_Launcher
    Guild:
    FLAG
    Most of Backlash comes from the fact that these patch, while it could be good patch under normal circumstances, but right now it isn't normal circumstance; there are issues.

There's issue with imbalance that became huge issue since the last 'balance patch' which buffed/nerfed pretty much all the classes while increasing overall monster HP by 30%. Then this problem got bigger by Neople's promise on 'Constant flow of balancing patch' not kept for like 6 months by now. For about... 2 weeks straight, there were nothing but minor bug fixes done during Regular Maintenance (One that took place a week ago was priceless one for sure, Entire patchnote was just TWO LINES). Sure, they did mention that they are aware of some classes require more than just 'altering the numeric value', but then they should not have buffed Luke like the way it is now. There are some classes that could really appreciate temporary value adjustment just so they can be a character-worth until they can see the light of so-called 'Revamp'.

And then.... we also have other problem. As you can pretty much tell by the current Adventurer system where player get more benefit for having more characters raised, this game recommends...... or recommended raising as many characters as possible. Makes sense for a company, since new character means new set of avatar for the character, creature, stash, inventory........ etc. But then what did they do with the Anton Raid? They limited number of characters that can participate into Raid per account to 10. All of sudden, there's no point of raising more than 10 characters, since current meta pretty much forces you to go Anton in any way if you are to play all available contents without pulling your hair out (you might still pull out some hair out though, thanks to RNGesus). In fact, since this patch kicked into live server, the price of Creature from the most recent package (those Yellow and Viloet colored Elemental King) did not increase as much its older counterpart (The red and blue ones) once did, as there were no point of buying those beyond 10 characters which can participate into Raid.

As I look through kDNF communities, I see whole bunch of players disassembling their entire gears and leaving the game for good. Such tendency is getting stronger every day. Sure, a lot of kDNF players hated Neople even when they were doing sorta fine job, but now I see a lot of hatred toward them.

• Informative Informative x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  6. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    The "new" dungeons are just using the assets from the CDNF aurthurian dungeons. Seems kind of lazy but I guess it makes sense given that KDNF usually never gets CDNF's event dungeons. :V

7. Raze

IGN:
    Vyncentz
    Guild:
    Valor
    Server:
    Cain
    Ffffuuuuuccckkk Now I actually have to level those additional saders now before tempester can no longer carry them

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Pyros

I think the main concern is they might end up useless if they decide to reform refining(maybe whenever they decide to also change reinforcing since they said they had plans for something like that), at least the one with PEs. The soul one also sounds pretty worthless since legendary souls are fairly easy to obtain with money, although I guess this is free, but there's only so many uses for souls, I guess "free" compounds or something. And then there's some more DIs capped every week, so that'll stay relevant. Better than Dark Elf I guess, but they could probably have rolled these rewards into the new guild wars rewards or something and just deleted forgotten/kept the assets for something new.

On the split teams and stuff, while I agree that the team that made this probably isn't the same team that makes other stuff, there's the valid question of where's the balancing? If it's another team doing it(and it definitely is), why aren't they doing anything? Since the infinity+rework patch, there was only like that one patch with some SB changes and Summoner buffs meant as a bandaid until they got the full rework in, excluding Fpriest changes. Is the balancing team the only ppl also doing the new classes and reworks? So they've been busy with Fpriest and now Summoner and then Knights and that's why they have done shit all for the classes that lagged behind after last major rework? Seems pretty dumb and I could see why some people would be angry. I can see reworks taking a long time but some classes just need like a 20-30% dmg boost to be good, some maybe higher. You can easily roll that into passives and buffs, and it shouldn't be that hard to tell which class needs stuff you can just look at training room times for a general idea.

9. FenixR Clothing Optional. #CeraCertificatesWhen?

IGN:
    (Any)FenixR(Any)
    Guild:
    28/28 Chars at 86
    Server:
    Cain
    Remove Assist, its sucks, we can live, but it suckssssss. Luckily there's few maps you can cheese with a few assists (Like a couple in Otherverse).

Tracking how much you no life the game its nice, but way too frigging late for this kind of update. Seriously, its like saying the last X years we have been playing meant nothing (Data wise).

Also i hate that i won't be able to send my 30+ chars individually to get crap, heck i sometimes get legendary (Actual complete items) and recipes. From what i read its only Demon Invites and another preset reward, guess for some people it would be good since you get to pick the character to get the item or something?

And Condensed Antonium its not the raid reward but the daily one right?

10. Pointy03

Condensed is the raid one

I don't really have an opinion on the changes- I never really used my assists anyways cause maining fgrap means I don't need hold assists. The largest impact this would have on me would be that one shitty scenario where you transform into a slow pathetic demon but even that's not gonna be an issue for me since my character slots are all filled up
    Hope the dungeons aren't lame

11. Pyros

Video of the "new" dungeons:

12. Tsurugi

Server:
    Cain
    Let me clarify, the reason why I brought up how long ago it came out was because they're taking out the one of the features that was worth a damn for having alts. Cool they're adding okish rewards you get for sending out chars except we don't know the amount and for things like this I always keep my expectations low. (Let's also add that the notes says "May change".) If the rewards aren't actually THAT rewarding at least I can still use the assist for chars that need it.

13. Vatar

Don't worry, by then their dps rework will be live.

They just recently publicly acknowledging about the luke phys/magic issues and that it would take them time to balance it properly.
    That issue is very tied to why many classes are falling behind as well tier-wise. Burst+reset gear/magic being too dominant means they also have to consider that it's not only about band-aiding 20% damage but also a design issue.

14. YanDaMan263 lol @ u

IGN:
    Retsuhazan
    Steam:
    YanDaMan263
    Server:
    Cain
    The backlash makes sense, when was the last good update KDNF had? Updates that actually fixed game issues, rather than "here's more new classes you can make to go Grandine farming with while buying sell raids."

Assist is disabled in every place that actually matters, so aside from the loss of Tempester while leveling new chars, big deal. And because assists are so useless now, it makes me wonder why they even bothered to remove it in the first place. Are they too lazy to add a Assist Yes/No Boolean in their code for every new dungeon they make from now on? lol

New dungeons for some quick Demon Invite and Powerful energies are nice, albeit 2-3 years too late. Thanks I guess? Legendary soul farming areas should've been there sooner as well. Once again, better late than ever. Ex Ancient Dungeon Lions can only get you so much. In fact, this is content that DFOG desperately needs NOW. You know, something people can actually do daily/weekly with decent rewards. I still find it comical how long it took them to add more dungeons for Ferrero besides Forgotten Land, that shit came out so long ago.

If Neople arent going to focus on class balance for Luke Raid they need to just undo that retarded HP buff patch and live with the fact that Sell Parties will always exist. Maybe if they didnt go full retard with lv90 epic power creep this would've been a lesser issue.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Save 4 Less TWENTY TWO

IGN:
    Malyx
    Server:
    Cain
    It's worth noting that in the test server notes for the "new" dungeons they stated that there's plans to revamp Forgotten Land at some point.

16. Pyros

I'm not talking about that. I mean it's good they aknowledge there's a problem, it's more dubious that they made that problem bigger by making luke much harder for no particular reason. But it's not like a bunch of classes haven't been meh since the rework. Magic classes too, like EB is the joke tier atm in kdnf, and it's a magic class. Functionally it works fine, the numbers are just garbage in comparison to other classes. It's been that way since infinity/rework(maybe even before) and well documented too with EBs in full upgraded 90(gespent and supercontinental iirc) showing really fucking terrible numbers. This isn't an isolated case, there's massive discrepency between top tier dealers like Fspit and the lower tier ones(fspit being probably WAY overtuned, but not getting any nerf for some reason?).

The physical/magical disparity isn't as easy to fix I get that, but there's a lot of core number issues with the game still. This is especially bad with their new philosophy of supports doing as much/more damage than pure dealers. I get that supports doing no damage sucks, but then maybe supports shouldn't be getting as strong buffs as they do. Doesn't feel right when a Fnen or SB outdamages a pure damage class while buffing the entire group damage by like 30-40% more.

Quite honestly, their balancing has been trash forever. I'm not too angry about it or whatever, it's just the way it is, but their balancing team isn't defendable, they don't patch nearly as often as they should and when they do they do major patches that change too many things at once and end up breaking different shit than they fixed. It's not easy with so many classes to get everyone to the same damage, that's understandable, but stuff should never be twice as good as something else, the differences shouldn't be that big ever unless you mess up bad.

17. Fishman465 Most Opinionated WM in NA

IGN:
    Fishman465
    Guild:
    Fragments
    Server:
    Cain
    Wow it sounds worse than our situation (though in the worst case scenario, it'll be our future). We have the (sort of faint) hope that things will turn around over there before it comes our way.

This whole thread made me wonder about many things and will likely to do some more. To me it's like meeting an athlete one's been idolizing only to find out how much past their prime they are.

18. I'm sad they're removing assists. It was a unique thing. I showed my friend the assist system and he thought it was cool, summoning your main or another alt to help you out in dungeons. RIP junkspin assist, GimmickSkip, you were the most useful thing for my EB to keep bosses from I-framing through my awakenings. That's right Saya, I'm looking at you! At least EB gets 2 holds with infinite patch. Goodbye Tempester, I won't be able to run behind you picking up loot while snoozing through scenarios, especially with alts that have non-existent aoes.

19. Hova Four paths - one destiny

Server:
    Cain
    Neople doesn't like nerfing. Plain and simple. They've (as in, the director I believe) stated this. Now, that doesn't mean they'll NEVER nerf a problem class, but the point is, it's the last thing they want to do, unless your name is Crusader. But Crusader's a special case since he's basically got his own separate category for balance changes and everyone else is clumped in the other one.
    Take Swordmaster as example. For the longest time, she was a HELLA strong class that had multiple viable builds and cheap ways into the start of lategame as well as expensive ones that matched her pretty decently up to other classes in epics, as well as coming with the plus of being buyable (caravella). Neople never touched her. Despite her being super strong and having so many more advantages, they never touched her. But you know, they also never buffed her. Instead, they wanted to simply buff other classes up to Swordmaster's level.

Nobody likes it when their main class or a class they play gets nerfed. It feels bad. You don't like your damage being reduced, even if your class is busted. Neople knows this. So, to the best of their ability, they try to balance by buffing instead of nerfing. That's reason damage expectations and numbers have inflated to an ungodly high number.
    Personally, I think I prefer that way of balancing more. It'd kind of silly how high damage has inflated, but it is what it is.

Anyways, why are magic classes even running rampant in Luke? Why are physical classes shitty right now? Can someone fill me in pls?

20. GoofyStyle

Still waiting on a actual Altars, Kurun Moon and Mutu's reworks.

Oh welp.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)