Striker General Discussion

Discussion in 'Striker' started by Poison, May 19, 2014.

1. Poison Guest

Discuss anything that involves our queen and her glorious halgi.

2. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Halgi is gone, is striker dead?

3. Poison Guest

No it's still considered one of the strongest classes in PvE in Korea.

4. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    But they're all still using Halgi. I'm talking about the case if we get a version of DFO where Halgi is no longer attainable.
    From what I've seen in KDnF, Striker really needs a lot of gear to shine now. Even with a +13, an Asura with a +0 can perform better.

5. Dubin carried by fmage

meioh told me there's a new 9pc set that reduces Beat Drive's number of hits and dumps all the percentage points into the finisher.

There's a chron set that turns Beat Drive into Dragon Kick.
    THERE'S A CHRON SET THAT TURNS BEAT DRIVE INTO DRAGON KICK
    It's so bad they're in the process of nerfing Beat Drive right now *u*

6. Poison Guest

Well I'm just basing it off a korean player who plays kDNF PvE obviously it's opinion based, of course there were tons of patches that buffed fixed classes.

Honestly at this point doesn't really matter what class you play with all the changes but the f striker skillset is pretty sweet both PvE and PvP wise.

7. Merryem

IGN:
    Merryem
    Guild:
    #BLESSED
    Server:
    Cain
  8. burritoblob w0w

IGN:
    ●▅▇█▇▆▅▄▇
    Oh god... it's a vid of me being bad at fstrikes. Neople's Beat Drive "nerf" for the Character Balance today = adding like 5s or something to the cooldown. And no, this 9 set is not the reason for that. Most Kaisers go either 6 Set Dance of Death + random strong item slots like halgi/patksub/EPsub/elestone/etc., double imbue Red/Red OiP/Lightning Dance with whatevers, some other set like Diablo Blow, or ridiculous epics.

9. TekuNesu ジェネラル

Guild:
    Savior/Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Going to make a FStriker in Beta, one quick question, as far as I know FStrikers are fully percent with 2 fixed(?) skills. Is it doable running with a +6-10 until near end game or is it like a Ranger whose need for a +11 above is eternal? and is awakening passive worth to max (until Neople introduces Awakening skills levels with Player level)?

10. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    Striker can run with +0 ~ +10 easily until near end game, unlike Ranger.
    The Awakening passive is worth maxing, yes.

11. Syn

I used to play a Striker and if I remember any weapon is fine, they still deal a buttload of damage
    having a +11 or +12 just makes it even more ridiculous

12. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    From what I played of Striker on kDNF, I can see why alot of Monk players went to them, they are alot of fun and help satisfy the thirst for delicious combos with superior burst damage.

13. jmdude Dead Classes of DFO

Guild:
    Ingenious/Communism
    Server:
    Cain
    Is the big rising uppercut a bad skill to max. That and beat drive really make me want to play this class.

14. Dubin carried by fmage

Lv35 Shououken is pretty trash tier for max, PvP wants the juggle follow up and pve wants ground combos. I'm finking of picking up lv70 shinryuken doe when I get my Aretee going again--nid moar cubez *u*

15. Poison Guest

Here's a PVE f striker build I suggest using;
    http://arad.ofli.es/plan/fstriker#AgAAAFARTAHKmgFREcqJBVkXTxdaAVMFUg7KjhLKjwHKkAXKkRDKkgHKkwjKlAvKlgPKlQHIuwXJrQElAcmsBcmxBSkeybQFybUFybYKBgoKAc nG8 sBc uFM yCjwBypcDypgCypkC

If no one has any problems with it give me your input so i can tweak it and then I'll add it to the OP Post once it's agreed on

Here's a PVP build i'm working on would appreciate input on it so it can be added to OP Post to help other players,

http://arad.ofli.es/plan/fstriker#A...KiAEWAcqKAQIBAwEFCgYKCgHPpxvPqRvPqwXPrhTPrxQ=

All pre reqs for skills are achieved with their appropiate cancels
    Maxed striker buffs + indiomitable spirit but level 1 in AM/Leap/Apply Poison for disenchant countering
    Maxed Tornado Kick for approach ( not entierly sure if it should be kept pre req for comboing purposes? pretty sure maxing it does more good then harm)
    Maxed Suplex + cancel for grab+damage
    Maxed Uppercut for obvious reasons

QP passives; strength, vitality, movement speed , hit rate and evasion.

16. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    PVE:
    • I'd recommend crushing fist cancel
    • TKick cancel isn't very useful as you can just cancel backstep -> tkick
    • Level 1 necksnap is nice for interrupting enemies in PvE
    • 10 Tkick + EX Passive vs 1 Tkick is debatable. It really comes down to preference.
    • EDIT: Some people prefer Crushing fist over Mountain pusher.
    Looks solid for the most part.
    -----------
    PvP:
    • Max Sand splash isn't completely necessary - up to one's preference. I actually use nen shot to poke instead of sand splash.
    • Low kick needs to be maxed.
    • Tiger's Roar is unnecessary IMO. I've never found a use for it in PvP.
    • Tkick is best left at 1, you're not using it for damage. You can cancel into it with backstep, so the cancel is unnecessary.
    • Neck Snap needs to be at a minimum level 3 to be useful in PvP. It's better to have it as high as you can IMO, but if you're strapped for SP you can just leave it at 3.
    • No need to spend SP on Awakening/EX Actives for a PvP build.
    • Best to be keep Power Fist at a mininum, slower attack speed is not something you want for PvP. Thus you won't be using it much. It's nice for standing combos, but you're going to have a hard time approaching without speed.
    • Max Bone Crusher - That slow is amazing. Damage is great too.
    • Crushing Fist, debatable. Some people like it maxed, others like it at some odd level like 20. It's better to be leveled higher than kept low as the distance that is covers increases as it levels. This makes it great for approaches.
    http://arad.ofli.es/plan/fstriker#A...ByogBFgPKigECAQMBBQoGCgoBz6cbz6kbz6sFz64Uz68U

Leftover SP is left mostly preference on what skills they want for more damage, utility, etc.

EDIT: Formatting

Last edited: Jun 1, 2014
  17. Merryem

IGN:
    Merryem
    Guild:
    #BLESSED
    Server:
    Cain
  18. Poison Guest

Will tweak the PvE build later; thanks for the input.
    http://arad.ofli.es/plan/fstriker#A...KiAEWA8qKAQIBAwEFCgYKCgHPpxvPqRvPqwXPrhTPrxQ=

PvP f Striker build, thanks for the input sounds about right however I prefer to have sand splash maxed due to leftover sp and I've seen a few korean f striker pvp videos where they used the hell outta sand splash the damage i see it do there is no way it isn't maxed, nen shot can be maxed in this build still it's optional, not maxing cubes skills until I personally confirm that that higher leveled cubes don't make juggles shorter, you still get leftover sp regardless.

Not sure if you have been reading this thread; you don't need hammer kick maxed you need suplex maxed you also need level 1 on apply poison and 3 in neck snap 1 in AM and leap for countering disenchant in pvp.

don't forget your qp passives in strength, vitality, movement speed, hit rate and evasion.

suggest following the build i just tweaked seems very ideal to me now that i got cleared up with some misconfusions thanks to zealtron

you can drop max sandsplash if you'd like but i'm keeping it on there since it's a good poke just make sure you have everything else in that build imo

19. Athena 上等だ

sand max is for blind and creating openings not the damage

not sure y u brought up the bold it hasnt been said anywhere, but hammer kick is def a priority over suplex, easier wall juggles etc

qp doesnt apply in pvp

as for the pve build, end game striker is about spamming high damage cubes with the muscle shift bonus not "ground combo" l0l, rising fist max is really strong if u have the sp, especially with the ex passive

20. Poison Guest

oh yeah i know it's used for the blind and creating openings but i couldn't tell if it was maxed or not but the damage it did was much more then a level 1 sand splash which is why i knew it needed to be maxed i just said how i knew if sand splash was maxed or not from those korean pvp videos

mhm hammer kick makes sense

i thought ex passives like hit rate worked for pvp last time i checked? i guess not

http://arad.ofli.es/plan/fstriker#A...KiAEWA8qKAQIBAwEFCgYKCgHPpxvPqRvPqwXPrhTPrxQ=

here's the pvp build tweaked again

instead of maxing cube skills the points are put into hammer kick

and eh i don't really like rising fist in pve thats a pref i'll be sure to mention it's an option though probably have to drop something for it maybe moutain pusher i don't think dropping low kick/bone crusher is worth dropping for rising fist

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)