Star Ocean 5

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by ArcLight, Mar 31, 2016.

1. ArcLight Hiatus

IT OUT BOYS.

Friend already bought the JPN version (thank god for immigrants with family back home).

Except I have 3 quizzes today.

Guess I'll watch him play later or start a file by myself or some shit.

Man, been a long time since Till the End of Time.

2. Oh thank god they went back to the more anime style than that garbage psuedo human style for SO4 (which is why I never played SO4 and never plan to).

Edit: Well once again a mostly human looking cast like SO3, but better clothing design. Still not as unique designs compared to SO1 and SO2. I mean, you have the entire Sci-fi/fantasy genre and you can make any race...why so many humans =(.

3. Izanami

If this sells well, we get Valkyrie Profile 3

so......

buy this

4. ArcLight Hiatus

I'm already getting it because SO4 was a disappointment.

Till the End of Time was still the best when it first came out, but I'm definitely hopeful for this one.

Freaking sidekicks for guard counters, lol.

5. Laiyenu Bloodgaru Queen

IGN:
    Laiyenu
    Steam:
    Laiyenu
    Guild:
    Anima
    Server:
    Cain
    I count Covenant of the plume as 3, and I really don't care about Hrist (I mean she'd be the next logical game since 1(Lenneth), 2(Silmeria) etc

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Wait really? Hadn't heard about that. Only thing I heard about was the panties lol

7. Izanami

8. ArcLight Hiatus

9. Izanami

I don't think that's the game in which they're referring, this is probably a side game developed to garner interest

(at least I hope not)

10. Izanami

11. Stargazer Eclipse

IGN:
    Madonna
    Guild:
    Ingenious
    Server:
    Cain
    I am so excited! Star Ocean 5 is bringing back the elements of SO3 that I loved- and of course, a beautiful soundtrack <3

12. Tasuke ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

as a fellow SO2/SO3 fan, i too look forward to this...

13. i remember watching my roommate play so4, and it felt like 'play five minutes, ten minute cut scene' - is this accurate for the rest of the series

14. Hervey Administrator

Steam:
    baradaki
    Not really. They only get super cutscene heavy towards the end of the games.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Well, the beginning of Star Ocean 2 was play five minutes, be stuck in the first town for 1-2 hours. However, after that you're free~.

16. ArcLight Hiatus

Star Ocean is not that heavy on cutscenes, tbh.

At least it isn't hallway fantasy XIII.

So far: Game's not bad, but reviews from people have been bombarding it to ~2.5-3 out of 5.

~20 hours to finish the story. People complained about it being too short. And censorship. Idgaf about if they censor things, but some reviews just blasted the censorship and made it their prominent reason to give a bad review out of it.

Gameplay is solid, has some problems about balance, but it reminds me of Star Ocean 1-2.

Here's a no spoiler review of it for those who are curious (still has some spoilers on gameplay and describes how the game could be broken, but has no story spoilers):

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  17. Dowiet

IGN:
    DowChaos
    Guild:
    Kinetic
    Server:
    Cain
    always loved the SO series

18. Tasuke ♥Mikuru Asahina♥

indispensable pieces for the longtime SO fan, ENIX's "Treasure" hardcover Artbook set
    based around Mayumi Azuma's lovely illustrations for the SO2 Manga;

[​IMG]

19. Oh, it's only for PS4 when it's released outside JP...Forget that. Time to import the PS3 version.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)