Stand Proud - Monk General Discussion

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Running Wild, May 20, 2014.

1. Shinigami936 Gimme panties

IGN:
    Caineghis
    Server:
    Cain
    I can't be fucked to find the translation, it's on reddit somewhere, but basically; Sea God is Gracia now. 6% water elenore is what I can remember off the top of my head (AKA I could be completely wrong about that)

2. hotwheelskids Believe in me Who Believes in You :)

Ohh man all the monks with the Toerua Cross, are gonna be skipping like a little girl in a field of flowers once this sea god upgrade comes out. Im Jelly.

3. I thought it became 17 percent condition-less elenore (the 20 percent vs cursed enemies still there) and got it's water damage upgraded. I'm also not sure on the absolute translation.

I asked a Korean kdnf streamer about the upgraded sets and he told me that sea god, kartel, and gracia are now similar in power. Take what I said with a grain of salt, heh.

Edit: fixed auto correct smh

4. I'm just starting my adventure into the monk stardom. Got a +10BDT and 5pc Garcia (6pc soon) so far.

Although I suck, I'm absolutely obsessed with becoming technically proficient monk in pvp (I want a silver cookie) and pve(want to learn Anton).

Aside from joining an anonymous help group - does anyone have an ACTIVE (I've got chars in two different ones with lots of "players" but mostly inactive) guild recruiting? or would anyone mind reaching out and friend requesting me in game for monk support/sparring partners?? IGN: DippinDerp

5. XiaxhouSLAYS

IGN:
    XiaxhouSLAYS
    Guild:
    Corruption
    Server:
    Cain
    pls teach dis noob where lightning proc is coming from hurr cuz it's kewllll

6. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Lightning Cloud Totem

The old lightning was much more fun though, probably less balanced even though new lightning hits decently harder

7. Where does dark gothic w/ demonic grace match up against other builds

8. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Still strong but 90 cap is going to introduce ridiculous gear, so are you asking how good DG is now or after 90 cap?

Someone posted a korean tier list of epic gear sets in 90 content (including our current non 90 sets), but it was for magic based class. Not sure a physical one was made, probably a lot of variables depending on what other gear you have since some of the crazy OP 90 accessories/stone/etc can drastically change just about any build's damage.

9. bob54386

Lvl 90 scythe is 25% shadow elenore, and the 90 epic light armors have +22 all elemental on each piece -- definitely plenty of upgrade opportunities at 90 cap if you already have gothic + grace. I wouldn't finish farming for 5 pc gothic if you don't already have it though -- you lose out on an awful lot of str and patk.

10. Just curious, but has anyone with full ng tested nugol time with drunken fist? I just want to know if it would be faster or slower heh

11. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    You'd have to examine the regular damage loss by going DF, then look at how much DPS is expected to be gained from potentially higher proc rate. Someone did math a long time ago, but this was for old DF iirc.

My gut says that DF would still be weaker, unless your character was a total proc meme and generally weak otherwise. There comes a point where the damage you lose by wearing DF is too much for the potentially extra procs to make up for. Also, for burst situations, DF should be weaker because you're less likely to be able to take advantage of the proc rate advantage over a very small period of time. The proc cooldowns are high enough that you'd likely have to compare DPS for a sustained period of time well beyond say unleashing 2-3 nukes. If the burst period is 2-3 seconds, you might get literally 1 extra proc over UA, and totally lose out on damage from everything else.

Stick with UA unless you're a proc meme person with relatively weak damage otherwise (not 5/5 NG, but say Reaper scythe and guild dungeon / light knight accessories etc). Someone could probably do real math but I assume UA will remain king generally speaking.

12. Tanuki moving at incredbl hihg sped

having both DF and UA, the difference isn't really noticeable until battle of attrition starts to kick in. Meme procs aside. I think the difference is 12.5% maxed out or some thing close to that. UA will always be king for raw damage

13. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    I think it's DF = 15% and UA = 22.5%, but ya starts to add up when you're doing 100m+ on huge skills

14. bob54386

SC skill dmg difference is 1.75/1.675 =1.045, UA does 4.5% more skill dmg than DF for lvl 20 shadow clone. DF proc rate bonus needs to make up for just that 4.5% difference.

NG Proc hits for ~1 mill for the sake of easy numbers (think pioneer bottom is ~1.1mill for me).

I was getting ~17aps with double shadow when I tested it forever ago (note that elenore stacks don't help your proc rate). That works out to a proc every (0.5+(20attacks/17aps)) = 1.6 seconds. That's 625k dps
    With DF that would bump up to every 0.5 + (20/22.8) = 1.33 secs. That's 751k dps. That's a 20% bonus to proc dps.

Break even point is when proc dmg * 1.2 = skill dmg *1.04. That's roughly 45%proc dmg and 55% skill dmg.

You can figure out your current proc vs skill balance by wailing on nugol and seeing how much dmg is reported when he dies. That only reports your skill dmg, so 665million minus amount done by skills is your proc dmg output.

For reference, I have ~1 minute nugol time with 1 NG piece. Skills are 90% of my dps and NG is ~10% of my dps output, not worth it for me.

Sanshou's NG and cold princess setup was ~75% skill dmg and 25% proc dmg when he was around 30 sec nugol time (pre clone change). Not worth it for him.

That being said, your ratios will swing wildly depending on how much piercing dmg you have/ monster defense / how buffed all your supporters are/ if you want the aoe / how good your dps uptime is etc etc. If whatever you're damaging takes less than 40secs to kill ( a cooldown cycle), you're almost always better off with UA.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Sanshou fite me irl!!! (ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

IGN:
    Lats / Versus
    Server:
    Cain
    proc builds just flat out do not work in end game content due to a multitude of factors. it's hella fun and stylish but that's about it.
    NG procs do like 5% of my total damage during nugol tests, and that's a stationary target. if you want more damage stick to UA for sure

oh yeah: MONK BUFF HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Last edited: Jan 16, 2017
  16. Shinigami936 Gimme panties

IGN:
    Caineghis
    Server:
    Cain
    My plan is to wait on Neople to introduce chronicle fusion and get myself a Drunken Devil's Unlimited Wrath set.

17. When does monk buff come?

18. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Level 90 patch we're getting today should include some fairly juicy damage buffs, check Neople site patch notes etc. After that, I'm not even sure if we're behind Korea on Monk changes. Maybe nothing ground breaking aside from more random 12% damage increases across the board or something related.

Although I lost track of Korea stuff awhile ago since we used to be way behind

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  19. Shinigami936 Gimme panties

IGN:
    Caineghis
    Server:
    Cain
    We get buffed again during the infinite difficulty patch, 40-50% boosts to our big skills (although mob HP was increased by like 30%?), I-frame on BBP, SA on Atomic Chopper.

20. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    O right I totally forgot about infinite stuff. I guess that's the latest stuff then

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)