Stand Proud - Monk General Discussion

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Running Wild, May 20, 2014.

1. Vince Omega

IGN:
    Omeged
    Guild:
    SRK
    Server:
    Cain
    Yeah, that's your best option right now.

2. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    That's the best choice, especially since you're doing Gracia. It's pretty strong relatively in just UA9 as well so you can use that to ease farming Gracia and other gear pretty nicely. Although there are stronger choices for many other classes: Deep Root Cross for saders is probably the most popular etc.

3. hotwheelskids Believe in me Who Believes in You :)

Has anybody gotten a time travelers watch on there monk because i got one on my mine and it feels like a useless piece of garbage. The Skill reset only resets my sway moves, and im contemplating on dissing it. I know for a fact it would be godly for any other class, but for monk this thing is a complete piece of trash since we dish out SOOOO many moves.

4. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Stuff that resets legit cooldowns is kind of fundamentally broken. If anything, modify how you play and keep track of the reset timer to proc it favorably on big skills. I'm even holding onto Time Defier pieces that raid decides to toss. Treasure that watch!

5. Berwve UNACCEPTABLE

IGN:
    Berwve
    Steam:
    Berwve
    Server:
    Cain
    Guys,can someone explain to me how does gear swapping work,short version,I kinda get the basics,and is UA9pc gear for swapping? Sorry if this sounds stupid but I'm kinda new(paused the game for long)?

Edit: Thank you guys,gonna edit here to not spam the thread :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  6. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    Have UA9 on already --> Cast Shadow Clone --> Take off UA9, put on Gracia 6pc / other gear

That's all you're doing basically. This used to be a hassle in older patches of the game, but buffs like Shadow Clone are now infinite duration, so you cast 1 time in dungeon then never swap again. However, if you die then you lose all buffs and have to redo this. Also, once the dungeon is over, you should swap out of Gracia/gear and back into UA9 so that you can start the next dungeon smoothly.

7. Shinigami936 Gimme panties

IGN:
    Caineghis
    Server:
    Cain
    To add to that, you can swap your gear while you're dead before you revive. Removes the CD from swapping so you can just swap > revive > buff > swap instead of revive > swap > buff > wait > swap

8. TrustworthyMastema

IGN:
    TrustMastema
    Guild:
    Infinity
    Server:
    Cain

Those 3 customer monks during energy look so cute trying to copy Yunseokwon's moves.

9. Sorry if it has been asked before. But which Olympus title is better for a monk Power of Olympus ( with +75 to phys and magic attack) or Grace of Olympus ( with +100 to str/int/spi/vit). Thanks

10. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    The former.

11. Im sorry for all the monk mains that needed this. Another dupe. ScreenShot2017_0102_122507002.jpg

12. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    I hope everyone monstered hell mode with Snow White buff, that buff was so ridiculously op. I ended up with a couple usable epics, and like 2000 extra DC just from eyes (orbs made me break even in DI). I do feel the RIP for people that ran multiple FP bars only to find 2-3 epics at all, but still what an event.

13. CuppaTea

I got a couple of good epics, so I didn't break even. But still scoring 2/5s and 3/5s with 0 ng pieces. :gun:

14. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    I went up to 3/5 NG, and the extra piece I found let me Nugol faster than the +11 amp sub I had so im gonna reseal that and try to coup some gold. Torn between trying to find an old summer set for Salaime, getting gouged and buying Behemoth Pet, or hoarding DC for inevitable 90 cap. Decisions, decisions...

15. Yobidasu

I have +11 Destruction. Should I keep it or take the Blue Dragon totem from the epic box ?

16. Shinigami936 Gimme panties

IGN:
    Caineghis
    Server:
    Cain
    Destruction is generally going to be better, BDT is ass without Gracia.
    You'd be better off using the box on another char if you have one you care about.

17. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    BDT is OK but ya you're probably better off giving the wep to another class.

18. Yobidasu

19. CuppaTea

I would say horde the dc. Dc prices seemed to had dropped. I assume that they will skyrocket post 90 cap, so you can cash out by then too if you need the gold.

Also, a question about setting up gracia. I picked up dkt and newtype pants. I think that they are both really good, and I would like to equip them, but that will take up my off slots. Currently, if i want to wear my epics, spiderqueen shoulder, wormling top, newtype pants, dkt, I would have to go with belt, shoe, sub equip, and all 3 accessories. Going this path, i will miss out on gracia + gp, but gp still seems such a far stretch before i get to complete. Should i go with such set up or is there a better alternative I can go for?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017
  20. DMG

IGN:
    xDMGx
    Guild:
    August
    Server:
    Cain
    If the epics are strong enough, it's fine to skip GP and wear Gracia accessory. I haven't been using GP for months now and pretty pleased with my ever evolving setup. DKT and Newpants are a strong start, although I don't know your wep or other gear/stats.

Friend also found Wormling Top in Epic Road today, was ecstatic to save 280 eyes. Last epic road dropped him nothing usable, he was convinced from poor hell runs and prior event that there is no god lol. He was not feeling the DFO love until that rng blessed him, now he's got a pile of DC from eyes for 90 cap.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2017

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)