Stand Proud - Monk General Discussion

Discussion in 'Monk' started by Running Wild, May 20, 2014.

1. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
  2. Zealtron Chinese Goldbuyer

IGN:
    TKJeda
    Guild:
    Salty
    Server:
    Cain
    More skill changes

[​IMG]

General buff to monks. Biggest change being that quick parry now applies to HNR, Big Bang Punch, Climax Jab, and Violent Combination.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  3. Tanuki moving at incredbl hihg sped

Those changes in the 5/22 patch have me really at a crossroads which priest I want to main.

4. Poison Guest

Picking up Monk again because it always was a class that I came back too.

Any solid PvE builds? And hotkey tips?

Sadly I didn't make one in Alpha but I'll be making one in Beta so I'm going to play cDNF and practice my monk there in the meantime.

5. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    You pretty much max all your core skills + cubes, from there it's whether you want utility like Slow Heal, you want to invest in your EX Actives or you want to max out some other low CD filler move.

Far as hotkey setup goes, I can share my controller setup if you're interested in that. Beats the hell out of keyboard setups imo.

6. Poison Guest

Sure share me your setup.

I'll try to practice I don't really have a good controller like yours just a ps3 controller; I'll try playing with one.

7. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    This is my setup

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have custom commands setup for Big Bang Punch and Divine Crusher.

8. TheMechanicXYZ C.R.E.A.M.

http://dnf.duowan.com/s/jnmn/szz.ht...hBMKfBBCaXKaBVBNINI_AAAAAAAAAAFFAAAAAAAADAF__

With Priest 2nd awakening around the corner, i'm going to make a Monk. I never played a class that was on DnF's standards, (Hard Max), so i want to play this class. No other class thats on that hard difficulty is interesting to me, besides, I haven't made one since...the very first time i played DFO back in '10 lol. I don't have a controller to play this class, so I'm going for just hotkeys, which i should do just fine with. I just want some feedback on the build. I dumped the remaining 555 SP on Bloody Twister & Sidewind.

9. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    You should Max Chopping Hammer, this skill was buffed so the shockwave occurs even on super armored/unlaunchable enemies. I also highly recommend maxing Twister+EX, it's really good to have. I don't think the EX Actives are really worth maxing imo.

Maxing Slow Heal+EX is also really good to have. You don't really need Strike since you get plenty of attack power and hit rate from Will Driver as it is.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. The 60 ex is quite good from what I can tell since the finisher is powerful. 70 ex I'm not sure about. It does OK damage and doesn't use all that much sp. Chopping hammer actually doesn't do much damage even though it has the shockwave on everything now. The numbers are just too low. My suggestion would be to use a build like this: http://dnf.duowan.com/s/jnmn/szz.ht...hABKfBABaXaaBVBNINI_AAAAAAAAAAFFAFAAAAAAAAD__

You already have 4 low cooldown non-cubes so you shouldn't need any more. That leaves sp for cubes even if they arent the most damaging. You don't need level 5 in skills for their cancel.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  11. DFOMarra

After all the classes I've played or considered playing, monk seems the most fun by far. Even after 4 lvl 70s, I still remember having the most fun on my level 20 monk in golem tower. Just spamming duck on monsters was incredibly satisfying. Now that beta is fast approaching, I want to make a pve monk again. I like his playstyle and the joy of playing him makes me forget all about tier lists and end game. Now I do realize that all classes are viable end game, I'm just curious on where monks stack up. I see them on either the bottom of tier lists or near the bottom and it worries me. I'm planning on playing the class I like regardless but I just want to know more about him. Can anyone talk to me about end game? Shadow boxer and machine gun jab make me drool

12. They are outright inferior to most other classes in the game, but can be made to work with skill and gear. Have to wait and see what 2nd awakening does to them this month.

13. DFOMarra

Ugh... but monk is just so fun. I think I'm still going to play them

14. Running Wild Rock You Like A Hurricane

IGN:
    RunningWild
    Steam:
    RunningWildWolf
    Guild:
    Calamity
    Server:
    Cain
    Lies and slander.

15. DFOMarra

Quick question. I'm planning on maxing furious grab on my monk because of reasons. I know that I can convert it to physical damage but will it then scale by strength and not int?

16. Dezolis

The mechanics of how the convert skill works in and of itself deserves a whole topic. Maybe one of the KR players could shed some light onto this issue.

17. Yeah it's not a complicated thing. Converted skills tuned phys scale with phys attack/str and vice versa for magic conversion. Furious grab does so little damage though lol.

18. Tanuki moving at incredbl hihg sped

For PvE reasons never take it, because it completely severs the close combat flow of the monk at seasoned levels.
    Now in PvP there are builds and play styles were this skill is used to maintain juggle and poke.

19. Psych plaza empress

2nd awakening is daddy...

20. Tanuki moving at incredbl hihg sped

next time on dragonball Z

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)